Tuesday,September 11 2001

The Taco bell Bomber

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when tragedies occur i still do not understand humans. You are either shitlessly pissed, mourning till morning, or who gives a fuck apathetic.

Personally, I feel all of these, but look to understanding and adaptation - do not let it happen again and deal with what is permanent.

• 13 years later...

Thought I'd bump this thread in remembrance of what happened this day in 2001. There's a shit ton of threads from that day and unsure anymore which was the primary one we were all discussing in (likely wasn't this one). Also, I know over the years we lost threads, moved them and locked them, so who knows.

In any case, its interesting to look back on the specifics of what went down on 09/11/2001 and these threads really are like a time capsule in that regard.

Anyhow, RIP to all the lives lost tragically that day.

I was just waking up at my mom's house and going into the living room.  She and my step dad were standing in front of the tv as we watched the 2nd plane hit as the reporters were talking about the first plane that hit.  My heart sank, I wanted for what I was seeing to not be real.   I can't imagine the thoughts that were going through peoples' heads in that city when this happened.  There were people that saw it and knew instantly that someone they knew inside there was in very serious danger if not dead immediately.

I was in NJ just getting to work when the first plane hit. Walked in as the news was breaking and everyone was crowded around the TV. Guy I car pooled with... His wife worked at B&N in the basement mall under the towers and so we jumped in my car and hauled ass back to the city as soon as the second plane hit. Was in Jersey City and got photos of Tower 7 fall as the ferries were bringing bodies to the parking lot at the Wiz, where a fleet of ambulances were waiting. Crazy days... Changed life forever for more than just the people and families that were directly impacted. In fact, so much of what we see now, I believe to be a direct result of that morning.

I was getting ready for work. (my first real job) and my dad had called me to tell me to turn on CNN. When I got to work, it was job for the day to stay on the computer and keep everyone in the office updated. I'm sure I was on here oontzing as well. Sad sad day no matter who knocked them down. 

I was just waking up, had ditched school that day and was smoking a j on my balcony when a friend called in a panic and told me to turn on the TV. I remember asking what channel and she just fell silent for a few secs and said something to the effect of, any channel. 

It really did split periods of my life and I think life in general for most people. The death of innocence and the end of the American century.

Same as above. Was living in a room-mate life style in another metro city. Told to wake up and look at the TV.  Called the boss and said I wasn't coming in until lunch just in case something went down in our city.

Sucks that all those people were put into a situation that they had no control over and could do basically nothing to improve it.

Archived