Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
misteraven

Favorite Web Browser?

Recommended Posts

Just wondering what everyone's favorite web browser is? I just stumbled across Mozilla Firebird (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/) for OSX and it's pretty amazing. Might have to bump Safari (http://www.apple.com/safari) for my full time browser. Camino isn't shabby but the development cycle sucks once Apple came out with their browser. I keep hearing good things about the Omni Web 5 that comes out this week I think.

 

Anyhow, I know most of you are on PC's and are stuck using IE or Opera (Definitely the better of the two), but out of curiosity, what's everyone using and why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I.E.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...sucks. But I'm too lazy to get anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all I have ever used is IE, I used mozilla once and it looked just like an ie knockoff...so my question is this;

 

Everything comes with IE on it...IE does what it's designed to do, explore the internet, and I have never had problems with IE...so why would I even bother trying something else?

 

The cool factor?

Hmmm...

 

Replies welcome...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Crimsøn

Everything comes with IE on it...IE does what it's designed to do, explore the internet, and I have never had problems with IE...so why would I even bother trying something else?

 

The cool factor?

Hmmm...

 

Replies welcome...

 

Tabbed Browsing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ie has terrible security. IT takes one second for your entire browser to be hijacked and spyware installed. absolutely terrible with privacy...

 

imnot sure how opera works in this regard, but stand-alone IE will get your computer infected with viruses, spyware, malware, adware and porno dialers in about 5 minutes of web-browsing. Adjusting the security control to "high" makes any practical web-browsing impossible. Tweaking everything requires changes for each website, rendering some un-usable and some totally trashed. impractical to change for every site. FUCK IE, if there was something better out there, thats free, id definately use it. and there is not ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Misteraven

Tabbed Browsing.

 

???

 

Does this mean that when you have multiple windows open there will only be one application window in the task bar and you window has tabs to seperate the windows atop the program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by metallix

Ie has terrible security. IT takes one second for your entire browser to be hijacked and spyware installed. absolutely terrible with privacy...

 

imnot sure how opera works in this regard, but stand-alone IE will get your computer infected with viruses, spyware, malware, adware and porno dialers in about 5 minutes of web-browsing. Adjusting the security control to "high" makes any practical web-browsing impossible. Tweaking everything requires changes for each website, rendering some un-usable and some totally trashed. impractical to change for every site. FUCK IE, if there was something better out there, thats free, id definately use it. and there is not ...

 

Wow.. those are all the things that piss me off about IExplorer that I've never sat down and cohesively thought about... I'm stupified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest krie

IE is all ive ever used, my friend had netscape when i didnt have the net and used it at his place, but that aint as good in my opinion to IE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Crimsøn

???

 

Does this mean that when you have multiple windows open there will only be one application window in the task bar and you window has tabs to seperate the windows atop the program?

 

correct. there's tabbed browsing on netscape and a few other browsers. makes it so much easier having a few tabs to flick thru rather than a whole bunch of different windows open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ctrl+alt+del

mozilla

 

 

tabbed browsing for sure. no popups. mouse direction browsing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Misteraven

Tabbed Browsing.

 

Along with.....

 

Built in pop-up blocker*

Annoyance Eliminator

Built-in google search bar*

Best Accessibility

Simplified Privacy

Intelligent!!

More Responsive

 

READ MORE ON FIREBIRD, THEN DOWNLOAD IT AND NEVER USE ANOTHER BROWSER AGAIN.

 

*Of course you can find plug-in's and extra features like this for IE, but why go threw the trouble?? Everything you need is in one place with Mozilla Firebird!

 

Also... for all the OS X people --- check out http://www.xicons.com/category/9/index.html

 

http://www.xicons.com/previews/0995firebird.jpg'>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by sans sheriff

I.E.

 

 

 

...sucks. But I'm too lazy to get anything else.

 

 

same here, pc owners dont have great motivation to change stuff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Tesseract

same here, pc owners dont have great motivation to change stuff...

 

personaly i do,and netscape is way cooler..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just downloaded firebird for pc and started using it, all of 5 minutes ago. It seems to okay. The layout is a little more sparse then ie, but thats not really a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

safari all the way. but i cant say to much cause i never used anything other than safari or ie for mac. (well if you count netscape a few years ago) i love it, fast, built in pop up blocker, tabs, and that google bar thing. plus you can see fotango on here, and you cant with IE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imnot sure how opera works in this regard, but stand-alone IE will get your computer infected with viruses, spyware, malware, adware and porno dialers in about 5 minutes of web-browsing.

 

... if you click yes on every goddamn thing it asks you to download. I've never had a problem with this... at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...