the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Toy thread . Is the first one.... but do some bars and basic letters befor you start to do style . Your letters are a bit bunched up try spacing them out and opening them up a bit . Like the b has no connectivity on the back witch is were all the structure is and needs to be to have a nice strong back bone . Think about key board letters . Some thing simple like this last blue one  . I put that just as a refrence for you . Once you master the simp the style and every thing will come after . But keep praticeing 

20190727_184036.jpg

20190726_131046.jpg

20190727_104810.jpg

20180112_163103.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't done too many outlines lately, but this is the latest one done a few months ago. Several things about this outline to note:

1. I rarely, if ever, do a JOKER outline anymore. I don't know why but back in the aughts I started writing JOKE. Just dropped the R. No idea why, just did. So doing a JOKER piece seemed weird, but here we are. 

2. I've been writing JOKER since the late 80s, and I think in all that time I've done three pieces with a lowercase R... this being one of the three. 

3. I had spent a few hours going through old black books and loose sheets of paper with outlines on them directly before I sat down to draw this, so the influence came directly from what I had done in the last nineteen years. It's cort of a mash-up of the styles I experimented with all those years. 

4. The K to E connection is a bit of a cop out. I liked where the K was going and tried several ways to integrate the E into it, and ultimately ended up with this. The E crowds the K way too much, stealing the leg of the K completely. I kinda wanna kick myself in the junk for letting it go. 

JOKER_Piece.thumb.jpg.c9f5dfefe964fe7d219439ef444d09ce.jpg

• Props 2

Another fairly new sketch. I had been thinking a lot about the work of LOVEPUSHER out of England, and how when last we talked in Colorado he was a very positive and inspiring to talk to. So I started to draw his name... but never got to the PUSHER part. 

LOVE_Sketch.jpg

• Like 2

Holy shit you'se guys! I have spent years honing style and practicing refining to build my skills when all this time I could have been paying hundreds of bucks to this guy to jack graffiticreator.com and random characters from the web or even better, get some of his own original toy ass shitty stuff for me! Seriously, we all need to stop what we are doing and just hire this dude. He is fucking def. It's the freshest, mother fuckerzzzzzz! For realz! If you are frontin' on his steez, check yosef befoe ya wrek yasef cuz it sez rite in his opening paragraph that he is a " professional graffiti artist ." So step the fuck off his dick, and let the pro's steal from graffiticreator and you only pay him $250. Sounds like a deal to me! I included the first example from his site becuz you just HAVE to see how god damn fresh as fuck it is to steal DIRECTLY from graffiticreator.com with no trace of attribution. Just... the freshest.

https://customgraffiti.net/

customgraffiti.jpg

Edited by E_B_A
  • LOL! 1