the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 minutes ago, E_B_A said:

It is fascinating! Are these supposed to be that, uh, "whispy" is the only word I can think of. The handstyles are crisp and bold but the letters are like vapor trails.

Appreciate man, yeah the whole selection of brushes on procreate was intimating and frustrating to draw with at first. Nothing felt natural, too stale and digital. So I started making my own brushes from scratch. Tried to create some more unpredictable and eradicate behavior from the brushes themselves leaving the control back to my hand (how I prefer to sketch on paper). I have about 7 brushes I've made myself, and tune them more every piece where I see issues or improvement in how the strokes appear. The newest one is the vapor trail one, was attempting to create a flared fat tip spray effect but inevitably turned into it's own brush which I'm still working on getting just right. The handstyle bold brushes, were the same ones I used on my first two digital pieces, for just about every detail, closest I've gotten to the feel of a marker. If your ever down for an exchange let me know I'd love to have at a satire piece for ya

Oh man! That would be awesome but I do exchanges pretty differently from some. I do in mail paper exchanges with stickers and it is usually five or six pieces (maybe four half pages and postals and one full page production, all sticker). I mention that partly cuz I see you do a lot of digital work. These exchanges take a long time (three months sometimes) because I sprinkle them in with other work I do but I always always always come through. So if that interests you, let me know. What name are you using most? (I ask THAT because you are using so many names in your digital pieces).

Your digi work gets very 3D letter. Reminds me a lot of Timber (not saying it's a bite cuz it isn't). You should do some of that on top of your work. I totally see it going there and being dope as fuck.

Edited by E_B_A
  • Like 1

The below is PASER but they both compliment each other. And again, I am not even remotely saying you are biting at all. I just see you using some of that the way they do to make your pieces more 3D (and that's not a crit either).

MACK: Your pieces are solid but I really love your handstyles. That's one of my weakest things and I've gotten better but still...

paser3.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, E_B_A said:

Oh man! That would be awesome but I do exchanges pretty differently from some. I do in mail paper exchanges with stickers and it is usually five or six pieces (maybe four half pages and postals and one full page production, all sticker). I mention that partly cuz I see you do a lot of digital work. These exchanges take a long time (three months sometimes) because I sprinkle them in with other work I do but I always always always come through. So if that interests you, let me know. What name are you using most? (I ask THAT because you are using so many names in your digital pieces).

Your digi work gets very 3D letter. Reminds me a lot of Timber (not saying it's a bite cuz it isn't). You should do some of that on top of your work. I totally see it going there and being dope as fuck.

Oh yeah no worries man, I completely understand. I've seen the great level of detail, time, and dedication you put into your pieces and wouldn't want to burden that load or any commission work you might be doing. I've been trying to practice more with different letter structures, so lately have been doing alot of pieces for different folks to show my appreciation of there work. Sometimes doing exchanges sometimes just doing it for them just to say thanks. And yeah i've shifted more towards digital, my money has been pretty scarce lately so my collection of color markers isn't as wide ranging as i wished it was. Hence the trade off to digital (big buy for a hopefully longer lasting use). I would also gladly do a black and white pen piece on paper too if that's a better preference. The name I'm using most now is "Peik". If you want i could go ahead start on yours. And if your too locked up with work atm, or have trouble finding time, no worries at all I'm more than glad to show my support for your work by doing a piece for ya. Like i said before I've seen the volume of work you put out and can only imagine how much time all that takes up, so its all gravy either way.

Hah you know after I did the The Ronin piece i was super excited how the brush turned out even by accident. Then i got really into the "Peik" piece and once I finished it I couldn't stop thinking of how it resembled paser, timber and the mfk group bit too much. Originally I wanted to do a fat-tip-spray-fade -flare brush to be a new layer added on top of my 2d pieces to give it a more dynamic look, but once i got the end result of the more cleaner vapor lines i just went to town to see what i could make of it. As a stand alone style it definitely needs to be grown more and tweaked to get it to stand out on its own, but in the mean time I plan on trying to find a way to marry the 2d letter work and the 3-d vapor fading together.

• Like 1

I could do a regular over the internet exchange if you want. PEIK is fine, You rep any crews? It would most def be full color.

I write SATIRE of SEVS/DFS.

My apologies if I didn't get it. Are you saying no in-the-mail big exchanges due to the marker situation? That won't change in three months?

It doesn't resemble them too much. It's hard to flex any particular style without someone saying there is somebody else rocking it. There is most def enough difference to tell there is no biting going on.

Edited by E_B_A

My panties ain't bunched... that's my opinion on your stuff too .No hate ...if im toy then you are too mang ....   I aint here to  jerk no one bro I like satire shit . It's fucking fire  .And how is my black out line pointless I wasn't going for 3d letters just a 3d ish fill like satire did above and all 3 are outlined lol 

And just saying toy isnt helpfull  for no one . If your gonna "give advice" then give advice lol

For starters how would I go about delleting what you claim is toy thread shit ? I barely know how to work this site .

Also 3d bars are like this and not like my last post 

20180210_134634.jpg

Edited by ElbowMack187
Add pic