INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
griffin sucks balls for markers. It's good for a few bold tags but then the ink starts to get thin. Never put shoe polish in a marker.

thats strait up bullshit i live in the chi and i use griff with some fish oil on the cta that shit stains hard as hell, i seen stains of mine roocking a month later, and i used an otr flowpen. By the way if you grab a otr flowpen when theres a little ink left through some grog or griff and it looks sick

I've been making homemade Krink for a few years now and im try to solve the problem of the bottle leaking. I use sobe bottles to store it so the level is visible. but the seal on the cap melts after a few days, so when i shake it some paint leaks from the cap. Any suggestions? its not a despirate situtation but not getting silver on my hands after i mix it would be good.

whats mr black like?

is it alot like rasco? looks like it would be, fast drying isnt it?

i saw that shit on ebay, i wanted to cop some but splurged on belton instead

oh well, birfdays comin up, could order me up some.

I've got Rasco, Mr Black and I'm waiting on some more Grog and Corio so that I can run a big test on all of them. I dumped some Mr Black into a Pilot, but I haven't had much time to run around with it yet. Test will be pseudo-scientific and feature pictures, so hold your breath!

anyways, reviews?

Grog is thin -- too thin for valve markers. I put some in a Leeho and it was way too drippy (believe it or not). The tags just ran al together and looked like inkblots. It's a little transparent, too. I'm going to give it another go as soon as it arrives, though. I mixed Black Top with the bottle I have now... that makes it hella great.

and anyone who actualy has used it, how long does candy ACTUALLY take to fade to looking like shit outside? i want to buy some but im gonna waste like 75% of it outdoors anyways, so i dont know if its worth it. i heard it fades fast...

Man, I have been around a looooong time :eek: and I've never seen Candy. I thought it was mainly a west coast kind of thing? Where can I get some? :confused:

Has anyone tried Omega? The colours look dope...

Be seeing you.

yeah i'm still around but i generally just post in channel zero now. i still get up, usually it's like with sakura streaks, krylon, possibly some pilot ink + methyl red or methylene blue or gentian violet... still got some potassium permanganate too. haven't fooled with the crazy recipes in a long time. honestly as far as markers go i'll just take a red sakura, maybe a juiced up pilot.

Almost the same here. Streaks for dumpsters, a Pilot and now I'm making roll-on mops again. It'd been a whole lot of years since I used one and now I'm hooked again. Been painting more... I still mix my own ink, but some of the new ones are so good the most I might be doing is adding Black Top!

Gotta surf on over to Channel Zero...

Be seeing you.

dont kno. just experimenting. cud u make an ink with them or any household products??

Not really. Most of the household chemicals are too "safe". You need things like denatured alcohol, toluene (nasty! :D ) and paint thinner... However, if you had some 90% isopropyl and basic violet/basic blue around you could make a decent ink. Little Prestone and DOT3 to thicken it up. Yep, possible. What do you have access to?

Be seeing you.

what kind of carbon paper is best to use purple or black or other ones? and can you use tattoo ink in a pilot? please help me out with out bitching me out. thanks

sorry im a dumb ass i didnt do any research sorry for wasting your guys time pease.

OK, slapnuts, since you're too lazy to push the "search" button, I'lll bite.

Use the purple kind.

Tattoo ink? It's just pigment. Not dye. Get it?

Be seeing you.

i'm still rocking the garvey and grog with some nero and m.b. -

i'm still here by the way, different name. i just read it & digested :)

Hey, good to another old name! Well, it's only been about two years, huh? I got a job that eats up a lot of my time, but I'm still around. I should be able to check up here about two times a week.

I'm liking Grog more and more. I can't wait to use Rasco and Mr Black, but I'm waiting on a marker to get empty. :)

I don't know what the "nitro-based" bit about Mr Black is -- it just smells like it has acetone in it to me. However, I don't own a gas chromatograph, so who the hell knows what's in it? It sure did stain the crap out of my hands... :D

Be seeing you.

What would be good to refill a woodcraft or molotow paint marker with? Any recipes?

The second coming? Hey, slapnuts:

Hit the "search" button. Look for posts from 6of1 (me) or Rubbish or just read back a bit... There's plenty of information here without re-hashing all of it.

OK, now that I've busted your balls... I bought a few of those Molotow markers and the paint won't flow for shit! Did you modify the valve or anything?

Be seeing you.

so i just hear that urbandesignz is jackin people and shit , so if anybody here got any good sources for marsh pigmented black it would be a good help , i cant go abck to anything else since i tried it

Locally you could check industrial supply places like Grainger or MSC. Grainger sells Marsh Rolmark (good) for about $20 a quart.

If you want to mail order TGrade, Art Primo is as good as any place to get it.

Be seeing you.

Last time i heard you were still on the garvey! I've never heard of mr black ink, whats it like? and any hinters as to where to pick it up?

and i thought toluene thins paint not increase the stain? or maybe that's what you meant

i've also heard alot of positive things about nail varnish remover - then read that it contains toluene, so maybe it does help the stain as you may have been hinting.. shrug

Locally you could check industrial supply places like Grainger or MSC. Grainger sells Marsh Rolmark (good) for about $20 a quart.

If you want to mail order TGrade, Art Primo is as good as any place to get it.

Be seeing you.

yeah well you see iv found many places but it sells only the dye type which i got enough of but the pigmented is what i want , sites that do sell pigmented they only sell yellow and white, the mix of garvey and pigmented is way too good of an ink and its the only shit iv come across that dosent fade like 90% of inks out for sale so yeah if anybody got a good source hook it up , price is not that big of an issue at this time

Easy people,

Firstly, this thread has been nang, packed full of marker know-how.

Anyway, here's my question, and this might sound fucking retarded so i apologise in advance.

I've been muckin about mixing my own inks for the past month or so, but they won't stick to metal or anyfin glossy. I ain't been using water based ink (i'm fairly sure it ain't coz my hands are a multi array of colours at the moment no matter how much i scrub em!!), is there anything I can add to my ink potion which will improve it's ability to stay on a fucking wall!?

Or anything to make the ink a little thicker? I've been using printing pigments to get tones etc, but obviously i'm missing some magic X ingredient.

Y'all mention using brake fluid and xylene in your recipies, i'm guessing these chemicals have something to do with rate at which the ink dries and therefore sticks to a wall?

And while i'm at it, if anyone knows any decent graff stores in London - aside from four star in camden, it'd be appreciated.

hq in brixton, go down the stairs onto the highstreet off platform 1 i think, and go right, keep going unti lthe underground market and search around in there. its not the biggest of shops so keep your eyes peeled.

on another note i'm not packed full of marker knowledge but grog is pretty weather resistant and keeps it colour well, mixed with some good ink/additives etc & it should stain too.

ok in my country, ink is almost impossible to get unless you want to order something from the states, and the only ink we really have here is indian ink which is pretty much worthless.

i read through most of this thread looking for recipies and someone suggested printer ink, and im just wondering if this would be too thick for a marker like an empty window marker?

also, leather dye is permanent right?

thanks for the tip off on HQ, gonna have to make some trips south of the river sometime soon.

i'll give some of that grog ting a whirl too.

Printing ink should work in a marker...

Most printing inks are designed to be blasted outta tiny nozzles (inkjet printers etc) and so will flow outta a nib pretty easily...infact the problem you may find is it comes out too much and you get drips...which ain't always a bad thing. But then just add something to thicken it up a little - this thread has loads of examples of shit to add to ink to thicken it a little. Although printing ink is likely to stick to fuck all but paper.

good luck man.

this probly has been posted millions of times , but r there does any1 kno the infamous candy recipe? i searched this thread but didnt find anythin

you on some jokes right?

candy isnt something you can make, and the recipe aint infamous because people who use it, dont make it, they buy it. so there is no recipe to be infamous.

you have to buy it, no i wont tell you where

ghetto candy: raspberry flopen ink, pilot red ink, and you can add red nero too cause that turns pink if not fully buffed. add something to affect dry time, and you got ghetto candy ink, that doesnt work as well as real candy.

or go to http://www.anywebsiteever.com and buy garvey.