INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i might buy some DED but i dont know yet

Garvey flows like piss as soon as it touches a surface ( depending which marker you use )

I've never tried garvey in a pilot, but i think it will work preatty good

Im glad i could help you out slip

but if i were you, and im just saying whats worked best for me, is i'd buy some Pilot and mix it with some garvey and your good to go man

dont always trust of what people write on their labels

if you notice every single Ink bottle says " buff proof , weatherproof ink "

but you never know which ink fits you best until you try it for example

a grog bottle cost's 12.99 for 8 oz's

when a garvey 16 oz bottle cost's 16.99

you do the math.

so u mean to mix Pilot ink with the Garvey ink? and after i mix em do i put the Pilot/Garvey in back into the Pilot marker?

but yeah man thanks for helping me out. its really helpin me decide what is really worth buying and what not.

yeah man i noe what u talkin about, trying it out urself and everything. sorry if im sounding like a toy with these questions but i jus wanna find out info b4 i buy it and what works with what. i mean if there was a store here where i lived at that sold GARVEY and PILOTs and everything, i dont even think id have to ask these questions cuz i woulda already been mixing those inks cuz i would have a big supply of each. u feel me? but yeah since i dont i gota be careful with what i got.

and yeah i feel u with the "buff proof" stuff. haha i fell for the OTR H2B and i had a tag thats still running and its been like a year but shyt is hella faded and when i seen another one of my tags gettin buffd they were able to clean it off like it was a crayola marker. i gess the anti-graff supplies are getting stronger now. but with that said, since GROG is made in Italy (i think) and the buff chemicals there a super strong ima gessin that the ink is good since i seen a pic of one of the tags (used with GROG) getting buffd but u can still see a shadow.

again thanks cL1 for all the great advice

Yea slipone

mix the garvey with some pilot and refill whatever marker youwant and trust me its a really good mix

I have gotten every single type of OTR ink and marker that you see on these websites, and none of them satisfied me

i just have like 9 garvey bottles and 15 pilot bottles of ink in my stash and thats it.

i assume you're talking about pilot black ink right? usually the mix is marsh t-grade black and garvey. is there a reason as to why you use pilot rather than marsh?

I work with a huge ass solvent printer and it makes a lot of waste. The colors are CMYK, so cyan yellow magenta and black all combined. They all come down into a waste jug. The ink looks black, but if you hold it up to light it turns greenish. I need to make it a dark staining permamnent ink that you can put into markers. Would anyone have any suggestions for what I can add to it to make it blacker and more permanent? I have some black one-shot and I was thinking about adding a little car oil in there....

DED outdoorsman is the best outside ink ive used(expensive though). But their inside-job is nothing to special considering how many hard staining "Hard to Buff" alcohol based ink are available. For insides i use my own recipe, mix of denatured alcohol, garvey LIKE ink from an old cashregister, genitian violet, RIT violet/black. pilot ink and dot3. Its a hardstainer and i just like the color violet.

so i know potassium permanganate will not dissolve in regular ink but what if you dissolved alot in some acetone and added about 10% of that solution to 90% marsh would it still melt the plastic of you marker or mop or just alot slower??i know of the other additives like gentian violet but i really wanna see how well potassium permanganate will perform in staining

cmon

you guys gotta stop with all that chemical bullshit

that dot3 that you guys add to your inks doesnt do shit. It just makes you believe that your making some cool ink

just stick with the basics

garvey, marsh...

if you dont know where, go 2 Artprimo.com

also.

this is preatty random 'cause its the ink superthread

but if your interested on getting some monster paint, check out http://cgi.ebay.com/MONSTERCOLORS-ART-SUPPLIES-MONSTER-PAINT-SPRAY-PAINT_W0QQitemZ290062606025QQihZ019QQcategoryZ11785QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or check out his store, http://www.004connec.com

he's going to be stocking up on mops, monstercolors markers, OTR's , monster paint and clash paint

peace