INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
well, i sort of grew out of it, realized you can only go so far with ink, realized if you want to fuck with making your own ink, the only two real things you need are a strong base like marsh and strong pigment to stain like meth blue, and realized that no matter how hard you get up with ink, you're getting more props for a flare tag that's higher, brighter and bigger then anything you could do with a marker. what was your name before?

ader47, it was a long time ago.

and although i see where you're coming from, and its a valid point - you can't beat the feeling of a persistant buffer constantly trying to get rid of your work and failing almost everytime

I WOULD SAY AT LEAST 5 TIMES MAYBE MORE CANT REALY CALL IT I USALY USE ZIG GLUE PENS AND BINGO MARKERS SO I WOULDNT REALY KNOW BUT I DO KNOW THAT THE "INSIDE JOB" WORKS VERY NICELY IN PILOTS

you got your self a coustermer im ording from artprimo this saturday :)

fuck ac transit

NUMBER ONE : HARD STAINING HOME MADE INK

Get a jar. Put in either Pilot ink or Marsh as your base, and add some Griffin, less than or equal to the amount of Pilot. Now get some Fiebing's leather dye, and add it to the batch, preferably red or purple, as they stain the hardest. Next, get some brake fluid, and give a generous amount - not too little, but definitely not too much as it will affect the flow. Mix that shit around. You can also try boiling them together and then using a thinner, as they'll thicken when heated. Personally, I've never tried heating / boiling any of my inks. If you want, you can try adding Gentian Violet or Methylene Blue (the additive).

Do you have to put the additives in cause i cant find it how about the ink and leather dye wil that work. And also is lincoln leather dye good?

dotn mis paitn and ink lol

jsut leave th diff types of ink alone lol

OH DO EM DIRTY U'LL WANNA HEAR THIS:

OK SO MY PHYSICS TEACHER IS LIKE AN ARTIST AND I WANTED TO FIGER OUT HOW U MAKE IT SO I GET HIM ( HIS DID GRAFF AS A KIDD) TO HELP ME FIGER OUT THE RECIPE. EVRYONE HAD TO FIGER OUR A WIRED MIXTURE OF LUQIUD LEIK WHUT THEY WER EAN D I ASK IF I CUD DO DO EM DIRTY. AND HE WAS LIKE FSHO WELL HE ACTULY SAID YES SO H ETRIED AND FIGERD IT OUT BUT IM STILL AHVIGN TRUBOEL BUT I'LL KNWO YOUR RECIPY BY THE END OF THE WEEK!!!!

OH NO WORRY AND AOBUT SPREDIN IT I WOULDNT DO THAT MOST LIKLY JUST PM ME.

pEacE

dotn mis paitn and ink lol

jsut leave th diff types of ink alone lol

OH DO EM DIRTY U'LL WANNA HEAR THIS:

OK SO MY PHYSICS TEACHER IS LIKE AN ARTIST AND I WANTED TO FIGER OUT HOW U MAKE IT SO I GET HIM ( HIS DID GRAFF AS A KIDD) TO HELP ME FIGER OUT THE RECIPE. EVRYONE HAD TO FIGER OUR A WIRED MIXTURE OF LUQIUD LEIK WHUT THEY WER EAN D I ASK IF I CUD DO DO EM DIRTY. AND HE WAS LIKE FSHO WELL HE ACTULY SAID YES SO H ETRIED AND FIGERD IT OUT BUT IM STILL AHVIGN TRUBOEL BUT I'LL KNWO YOUR RECIPY BY THE END OF THE WEEK!!!!

OH NO WORRY AND AOBUT SPREDIN IT I WOULDNT DO THAT MOST LIKLY JUST PM ME.

pEacE

even if you do post the recipe, i dont think people will be able to understand it.

Then again, nothing is really buff proof. If people really want the tag gone, they're just gonna paint over it, "hard to buff" ink just ensures you that it will be there longer, untill they can be fucked painting or using extremely strong chemicals.

DSCF0007_1-1.jpg

grog, nyc subway, not my picture.

when i say metal i mean like steel electrical boxes.

you know, shiny and shit? stainless steel and sometimes other stuff?

panels are usually white and shit?

i dont think theyre bare metal. but i dont do insides, im just saying.

like the biege shit behind and around the empty frame is what im trying to talk about.

grog does stain plastic though i think, to be honest i havent even really tried it enough on plastic to be sure.

bare metals like steel though? nah

Well DOEMDIRTY... after hearing several cross-american reveiws, I've decided to pay the cost to be the boss. That shit is expensive to get into Canada homie. But I took the plunge and I'm going to hit shit spree style. From what I hear... its the best. I've been into inks for a while and the best combo I've found so far is Garvey + Marsh. Allthough "Inside job" is rated as an indoor ink, I'll be testing it on all types of outdoor surfaces, just as I have with Nero, Grog, Garvey, Feibings, etc. Tell me though... what has your experience been with a ded (doemdirty) marsh combo for outdoor surfaces? I know the biggest problem with stainers is lightfastness so I'll pay top dollar if the shit that stays permanent outdoors.

P.S>>

- I really dont think paint/graff companys are up on there game enough in the ink department, so I'll tell you right now without even trying the ink that its allready better than ALL the commercial inks on the market based on your photos. I've taken a year of bussiness and marketing in school (not that that mean shit) and think someone like you could lock the market if yu came up with a good outdoors stainer and could get it produced comercialy. ITS WHAT EVERY BOMBER WANTS. We can all agree on that. Just look at the bullshit ink Montana and OTR have!!! EVERY BOMBER WITH HEART DREAMS OF AN INK TO STAIN HARD OUTDOORS!!! Can I get a witness?!?!?! Its the only way a new revolution in graff will get started. And I know the technology is out there.

alright so this may sound abit far-fetched and everything. But i was flicking through some old chemistry books the other night and i came across a chemical called "Silver nitrate" at 1 mola. So i remember a science experiment i did back in the highschool days and i recall when i spilt silver nitrate on my hand, it did not come off for a good month. The teacher had said the only way it wil remove is if your skin shreds naturally.

so the point is, silver nitrate is a chemical you could easily find somewhere. It comes out and stains as a brown darky colour and it cannot be removed by any other chemical.

if you can get a hold of some silver nitrate, mix it into your marker and go do some loops