INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah but i actually think it is oil based, but i just read that hammerite can only be mixed with a special thinner from hammorite's own brand...so im gonna get that and see if its got anny potential... I also heard that radiator paint ought to be good for making ink?

Or is all oil based ink good to make ink?

Im fiddlin with

-nero

-corio (purpleviolet)

-raven oil black

-blue and red leather dye

-black and red wood stain/tint

-artline permanent ink

now does anyone have any ideas on ratios? or what ingredients to lose?

Are too many ingredients a bad idea?

and just how crap is artline really?, it looks like fuckin black sex but apparently it fades prity quick (spose ill fork out for some piolot)

IV'E mixed these fuckers so many times, i want some external input yo!!

Im fiddlin with

-nero

-corio (purpleviolet)

-raven oil black

-artline permanent ink

and just how crap is artline really?, it looks like fuckin black sex but apparently it fades prity quick (spose ill fork out for some piolot)

pm

Im fiddlin with

-nero

-corio (purpleviolet)

-raven oil black

-artline permanent ink

pm me

Im fiddlin with

-nero

-corio (purpleviolet)

-raven oil black

-artline permanent ink

pm's very

Im fiddlin with

-nero

-corio (purpleviolet)

-raven oil black

-artline permanent ink

now does anyone have any ideas on good or exact ratios? or what ingredients to lose?

IV'E mixed these fuckers so many times, i want some external input yo! anything you got to say on these ingredients

pm's whatever!

Hey, so i have been just getting some fucking pilot inkys and i just use the ink they come with, is this homemade ink betta than tha stock shit that comes in the pen?

and on that doemdirty shit, can i just fill my pilots with that? and the carbon based outdoors..works indoors in subs and shit just fine i assume? so why wouldnt you just run with the outdoors shit the whole time, and last thing.

how much $$ does it fucking cost for all the ink supplies in general..and how much ink do you get out of it!?:scrambled:

ink can be free if you are into racking and making it, or expensive if you buy off the net and shipping costs and other shit.

and teedubz what kind of nero are you using?

i bought a bottle of red and two of black, i think im gonna mix red+black and add some rasco if it doesnt work good on metal, cause rasco prevents all the blotting you get with inks like grog.

and as far as your mix is concerned, i would only use a little raven black, dump the wood stains completely, and dont use artline ink, itll just water your mix down.

theres a mix quite a bit back of stuff using supplies from UK and AUS, so it would probly work for you, the main ingredients are corio and nero i think, and gentian violet.

ps does anyone know wher you can get gentian violet and or methylene blue crystals in the US? the link above says ships to US, but im geussing shipping from the uk is gonna be rape on my bank account, so id rather find a north american based company...

if i find a good source ill post it.

last but not least, has anyone here used that bawleys (sp?) undercover ink?

its a bluish white ink that goes on clear, like invisible ink or something, and then it shows up a dark color 20 hours later.

Im fiddlin with

-nero

-corio (purpleviolet)

-raven oil black

-artline permanent ink

now does anyone have any ideas on good or exact ratios? or what ingredients to lose?

IV'E mixed these fuckers so many times, i want some external input yo! anything you got to say on these ingredients

pm's whatever!

loose the wood stain and artline.

i got a simmilar ink recipe i posted earlyer bit ive changed it a bit..--

60%nero d'inferno black

10%nero d'inferno red

15%corio pirple

15%feibings pirple

boil it up till its a bit thicker,dont let it boil rapidly or on a high flame tho or it might catch fire. ad some more corio and feibings to thin it a bit, put about 1 or 2 grams of gentian violet crystals to 100ml of ink., mix well, fill a marker and write on your local transit system. the more feibings or corio you thin it with, the more drips.

i put a bit of brake fluid and a bit of fish oil in now too.