INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

yeah......obviously you're right

but i was asking iNEED LAZ's opinion because he said it sucks ass...

i just emailed the seller asking about a shipping question 15 minutes BEFORE i came on this site...

so in anybodys opinion i have 2 questions...

1. grog? how good is it? does it stain well? does it blot together bad on oily surfaces like griffin?

2. fiebings? whats the best staining colors?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

acrylic=waterbased= obviously trash

grog is good, i really like the consistency, it takes forever to dry (to stain i geuss) so it like spreads out wierd, almost blotting but not much.

best staining colors of fiebings are reds and violets. oxblood or burgundy or violet are the best ones.

also grog isnt "absolute black" as it says on the website, its just super dark ass blue. its probly good for insides though ( i have no public transit) because it has almost no alcohol rich smell, it smells good not like solvents.

i like it to mix with other shit

Fiebings is a good stainer but damn does that ink look like ass, mixed or not. I'd get nasty bright yellow looking glows on my shit and it'd fade in the sun (this is using purple ink), just like Garvey.

The kid asking what to better his recipe some posts up.... trash the white shoe dye, that's total shit. Griffin may be nice if you don't got shit else to use since it has a decent stain, but just like other leather dyes it looks like shit on a lot of surfaces, spreads out into nastiness. I don't do insides though, this is all outdoorsy shit.

I'm still saying Marsh / Pilot and methylene blue or any powdered dye that's blue, red or violet is all you need. Always get black Pilot, the other ink is unopaque nastiness.

Meth blue mixes into paint too, makes staining shit that lasts the weather :) Thats mop only shit though, unless your about to get crazy and refill a UniPaint.

Fuck buying spendy inks off the internet, just rack the basics like thinners (acetone/xylene) and paints (Rusto) and inks (Pilot), get meth blue at a chemistry lab if your still in high school or buy that off the net (cheaper and lasts longer then paying for inks), you got a deal ther. Basic violet #1 is the dye that makes Garvey stain... why not forgo watering down Marsh with Garvey since Garvey fades and Marsh lasts through whatever, and just get the straight stain in your inks??? Thats the shit.

Or get up with Krylon. lol.

edit: oh yeah, acrylic paint in those squeeze tubes is cool for doing those spaghetti sidewalk type tags, but that's it. don't put it in an ink recipe.

GROG SUCKS ASSS

CuzFor One Thing..

It is Not Unbuffible and uh It Does Not Stain That good

...its made from Italy...Its bullshit

I Recomend DO EM DIRTY For ALL UR MARKER INK NEEDS...

It HAs STAINS Like No Ever Ink Has...

U can Get Drips On It Too Its Too Good too Good..

Stains, i Love It. Drips, i Love it.. TALK TO THE BOY "DO EM DIRTY INK"

If He Ever Gets on this shit iono

Yooooooooooooooooooo shai.... what the fuck happened to you man' date=' i thought you died or something... hit up the PM, lemme know what happened... plus we have an unfinished deal as i remember... thanks.[/quote']

There's been a lot of crazy shit going on in my life in the last few months. It's a little involved, and not related to ink...basically, as it relates to the situation at hand, I have really horrible luck with the USPS. But, all I really need to know is if the return address is good, and I'll send it out to you ASAP (read, when I can afford to) and we'll call it square. It's the least I can do. I really feel bad, but I didn't intentionally stall you out, for the record.

If you need to update anything or want to catch up, email me. My address is in my profile.

Ive seen it in action and used a friend's mop flooded with the stuff.

what do you mean by blot out on oily surfaces? You mean will the ink get blurry on oily surfaces? What oily surfaces are you writing on?

like sometimes you hit dumpsters or poles and you cant even read the tags...

or newspaper/usps boxes and it doesnt read at all... it just looks like you threw a bottle of griffin at it and it all drips together into a big ink blot....

There's been a lot of crazy shit going on in my life in the last few months. It's a little involved, and not related to ink...basically, as it relates to the situation at hand, I have really horrible luck with the USPS. But, all I really need to know is if the return address is good, and I'll send it out to you ASAP (read, when I can afford to) and we'll call it square. It's the least I can do. I really feel bad, but I didn't intentionally stall you out, for the record.

If you need to update anything or want to catch up, email me. My address is in my profile.

Shai... its in the email.