Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MOOGLE?

does it really matter if its seen?

Urban exploration with a modern day twist.

That means I dig wandering around in weird places and letting the two other people that will come through the same spot in the next few months know that I was there also.

sometimes when I'm exploring I will wonder if I sat down where I am, and didn't move for a week, or a month, would I see anyone else?

I suspect the answer is "yes" much more than we'd think, if in urban areas. There are thousands of people in most cities now who don't have vehicles or houses, they just aren't leaving their mark.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I did a few pieces on these signs on a back woods trail when i was on vaction like 3 years ago. I had completely forgotten about them. I got pictures but I havent looked at them in along time. A few weeks ago i found them online, they were on the resorts site. I got a kick out of it.

i'm not big on fame, or even crushing a city. but to me some of the best spots hardly ever get hit because they arent visable to most people.

like sewers,under seats, inside hand dryers, behind bushes. ect

i was just wondering your views on visability in graffiti.

If you don't want fame and you don't want to get your shit gone over, spots that aren't too visible is probably ok.

For me, I love being able to drive or walk by a spot I hit and know that hundreds or thousands of people have seen that shit.

Now, I'm not saying that ALL your pieces needs to be out on highways and stuff, I hit places that people probably won't see quite a bit, just to get up...but the Adrenaline rush doesn't even add up to when your hanging off a rooftop, laying your name down...and thats what makes graffiti so addictive to me..

i like going to some obscure spot in the middle of no where and finding like one tag. it just tells me, no where is safe, everything will get killed eventually

Doing it in hidden, out of the way spots just show you are doing it because you like it. Not to show off to the public.

A few weeks ago i found them online, they were on the resorts site. I got a kick out of it.

Something like that happened to me and my homie when he looked up his city's website. And i guess there was a crime/justice section and it had a picture of a semi truck we bombed, That was cool as fuck.

Anyway I found out that most of the time on the opposite side of a freeway wall there is a long ass strip of land with a sewage tunnel. I just found a way in by my house and im sure that shit is gonna have a lot of goodies to flick up.

It's funny how writing changes your thought process, now whenever I'm driving around with my friends, all I see are awesome spots to bomb...

Downtown in my city there is this park right off the freeway, but the freeway is raised up so if you duck people can't see you, it's not highly visible from the road, but the people who walk it everyday can see anything you lay down...it's primo to hit at night

dude. you live in alaska.

the "heat" couldnt be too bad.

haah. that was retarded.

you would be suprised bro, alaska has a pretty high crime rate...

and we have a bunch of cops with nothing better to do than cruise around makin shit hard for us...

they've wiped out most of the writers here because no one wants to take the risk...so there are only about 20-30 of us writing on the whole city anymore...

wow....

thats all i have to say.

and how hard could it be to walk a mile in the fucking woods and paint an owl or a tree or something?

wow....

thats all i have to say.

and how hard could it be to walk a mile in the fucking woods and paint an owl or a tree or something?

not too hard?...

although I don't bomb trees and shit...I prefer brick and metal...

i bet thats not the real ewok

big deal...do you really think that many famous writers are gonna post all over the internet using their actual name?...too smart for that...that's why they are famous to begin with....smarts...

i like hitting up spots that are discreetly in the open like where youll see it and not register, and then if you happen to walk by that spot again youre thinkin "i knew i saw something"

My feeling on this is if your bombing and doing it to get up out in the open, you wanna take your time, make something all pretty, or just practice your shit go to those chill spots that no one will really see, just realize, one way or another someone will evenetualy see it.

I love riding the train and seeing my shit along the lines, or seeing an inside or yourself or one of your mates... It makes you think about why the fuck you're doing it in the first place...

If ya wanna get up with local writers chances are they use the same backalleys u do. If ya do good shit there writers will respect ur style but prolly think ur a pussy if they ONLY see ur shit in chill spots lol Personally I love paintin drains n shit cause alot of writers i know use them 2 get around to different sections of soundwalls (Huge highway thru middle of city). Just member ya gotta have a balance between getting up in the public eye