does it really matter if its seen?

MOOGLE?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember i stuck a sticker under a drafting table at my school. And months later i ducked down to look in my backpack in front of it and i saw a white thing so i looked and i was like wtf i forgot about that shit.

id much rather find a spot in the back of a store walking downtown that had time put into it and looks like graffiti is suppose to...ARTWORK, then to walk to the store and see some rush job becasue they were paranoid of being caught

wellll heres one thing.

just cuz the general population doesnt see ur shit, doesnt mean u never existed.

piecin spots are straight but if ur lookin for street fame.... bomb the areas u know'll be seen.

its only AFTER u get fame iS WHEN suggest u rock some pieces.

trynot to piece first, cuz then when u go to bomb or tag it'll look weak and lame

,and its backwards evolution...-it just dont work.

• 11 months later...
I've never met Ewok, but I know he lives somewhere near me, 'cuz I see his tags daily... so it was cool as fuck when I was hiking the rainforest in Puerto Rico last year, and caught some marker tags of his on a trail map. I say leave a mark wherever you go, 'cuz you never know who else has been/ will be there.

^amen

I love doing a nice streak tag or scribe with the date on it sumwhere and cum back like a year later and be like wow I forgot all about even doing that, I luv doing shit in remote areas cause u never know who might happen to see it and be like woah!! what was blah blah blah... doing out here in this random spot lol it just makes graff more enjoyable...

^amen

I love doing a nice streak tag or scribe with the date on it sumwhere and cum back like a year later and be like wow I forgot all about even doing that, I luv doing shit in remote areas cause u never know who might happen to see it and be like woah!! what was blah blah blah... doing out here in this random spot lol it just makes graff more enjoyable...

definitely. i love walking cutty spots and seeing some shit from other writers.

i think its more enjoyable because you feel a connection with that person.

does that sound extremely gay? im not sure. but its the best way to say it.

A few years ago in a new cityI had no one to paint with so I painted spots by myself and then gradually found more and more of them along a canal including a great wall (150 ft long maybe 5.5ft high) that was not going to be seen by anyone except the most hardened hunter that had never been touched.

Did roller fills on it one afternoon.

Then two years later went back to the spot and it was still there but there was another smaller piece next to it.

I know that person was like "I wonder what happens if i climb up here and go over the multiple fences and climb through the muddy spot.... and damn [schnitzel's ] been here before me".

so it doesn't matter where you piant people see it eventually

I think you should hit a spot if it even crosses your mind

cause there are those dudes who be up in the spotlight, with tags in all the hot spots.

and you typically dont see their tags in low key spots.

but I know writers who are everywhere in hot spots, but youll see just as many of their tags in random spots youd never expect, and when you see shit like that your like "damn, howd this guy have time to hit up everywhere, high and low?!?!"

Urban exploration with a modern day twist.

That means I dig wandering around in weird places and letting the two other people that will come through the same spot in the next few months know that I was there also.

sometimes when I'm exploring I will wonder if I sat down where I am, and didn't move for a week, or a month, would I see anyone else?

I suspect the answer is "yes" much more than we'd think, if in urban areas. There are thousands of people in most cities now who don't have vehicles or houses, they just aren't leaving their mark.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a few pieces on these signs on a back woods trail when i was on vaction like 3 years ago. I had completely forgotten about them. I got pictures but I havent looked at them in along time. A few weeks ago i found them online, they were on the resorts site. I got a kick out of it.

i'm not big on fame, or even crushing a city. but to me some of the best spots hardly ever get hit because they arent visable to most people.

like sewers,under seats, inside hand dryers, behind bushes. ect

i was just wondering your views on visability in graffiti.

If you don't want fame and you don't want to get your shit gone over, spots that aren't too visible is probably ok.

For me, I love being able to drive or walk by a spot I hit and know that hundreds or thousands of people have seen that shit.

Now, I'm not saying that ALL your pieces needs to be out on highways and stuff, I hit places that people probably won't see quite a bit, just to get up...but the Adrenaline rush doesn't even add up to when your hanging off a rooftop, laying your name down...and thats what makes graffiti so addictive to me..

A few weeks ago i found them online, they were on the resorts site. I got a kick out of it.

Something like that happened to me and my homie when he looked up his city's website. And i guess there was a crime/justice section and it had a picture of a semi truck we bombed, That was cool as fuck.

Anyway I found out that most of the time on the opposite side of a freeway wall there is a long ass strip of land with a sewage tunnel. I just found a way in by my house and im sure that shit is gonna have a lot of goodies to flick up.

It's funny how writing changes your thought process, now whenever I'm driving around with my friends, all I see are awesome spots to bomb...

Downtown in my city there is this park right off the freeway, but the freeway is raised up so if you duck people can't see you, it's not highly visible from the road, but the people who walk it everyday can see anything you lay down...it's primo to hit at night

Archived