does it really matter if its seen?

MOOGLE?

Originally posted by Glik0@Aug 6 2003, 09:47 AM

For the fact of purely getting up, known, and around of course visibility is going to be a big factor. When you have wiggertoys like tease hitting a legal wall, its all about being seen, and laughed at. But to me theres nothing better then taking a mid-day walk around the city down the side allies to the main roads and being like oh wow you see that so and so piece back here? Then walking into the more heavy flow areas and being like haha I love knowing thats me.

Basically what im trying to say is, If it's done it will be seen, alot of people I know walk and explore things for the sake of finding something new. Abandoned rail lines, buildings, wooded lots. Gems are found everywhere.

I KNOW you aren't talking about Teaze FNF from BOston, Please tell me youre not talking about Teaze from Boston.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i'm not big on fame, or even crushing a city. but to me some of the best spots hardly ever get hit because they arent visable to most people.

like sewers,under seats, inside hand dryers, behind bushes. ect

i was just wondering your views on visability in graffiti.

it doesnt realy matter aslong as u have a digi cam!

i'm not big on fame, or even crushing a city. but to me some of the best spots hardly ever get hit because they arent visable to most people.

The answer is yes, but this is only if you wanna becoma graffiti "king" (like marc ecko. LOL) If you wanna get mad respect and your on evryones mind then yes it matters. If you wanna do it for you or just to do something than no. but if you are trying to make a name for yourself or send a message than yes.

-Just look back at all the crazy writes- Saber, JA, Cope, Seen, they all put that shit up. It's whatever you want.

personaly for me it does matter.

I think the most visable spots are cool but there not the only thing. If your in the bathroom of a movie theatre where you know shit gets buffed fast' date=' its kinda cool do hit somewhere that no1 will see, so you can come back 4 months late and have your shit be there while a lot of other tages have gone up and gotten buffed within the day. even thought its usually just for yourself, its kinda cool.[/quote']

This is the same shit im thinkin, most of the time if you bust on a huge wall in front of a park you know its gonna get painted over in like 2 days so sometimes its good to hit alleys and shit where not alot of people will see but something for you, your friends, and some other writers are gonna see for a long time

i work in a supermarket and we have these crates that some stuff comes in and i noticed a little 'skeme' tag on the side of one.

also i know that another local writer works or did work at the same place because there is a tiny little scratch tag on the doors of the locker room.

i definatly like seeing/doing graffiti in places where you dont think many people will see it. seeing those tags at work just out of the blue made work move a little faster.

bombing drunk is the shit especially cuzz you got a fuck it attitude like its legal to be writing on every surface from here to the next beer.

THATS IT!!!!!!!!!

You hit the spots, which owns. You tag the wall noone does, because all of dem lil kids are to afraid of, or not drunk enough :D HOwever I'm sort of crazy and use to bomb with headphones on my ears and god damn, WHAT A THRILL!

I really like taggin white walls - walls where I'm the first and only one and we have some sort of wall over here they used to buff and buff again and now gave it up, because whenever they buff - I'll be there to put my name on it.

And yeah it does matter! Fuck chill spots. If it's a spot where noone expect it and it's chill but will be seen, ok - but why should I waste my paint in damn backyards?

cheers!

When you are just starting out, I feel that you should worry about getting your shit tight first. I am at a chill spot and have been there for about a month now. I won't levave that spot till I am confident that my throws are the best they can be. Sidebusting is not tolerated, so if your shit sucks keep it out of sight.

:shakehead:

• 2 weeks later...

it kinda depends on what it is too,if its good put that shit out there but if its just a shitty bomb then who cares where its at.its about getting known,but then again how many good artists are out there that never put their shit in studios.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah' date=' I love thinking, "why the fuck am I here, why was this other dude here?"[/quote']

haha yeah...

in the randomest places

i love those random tags .. those tags you wondered.. how in the world did they do that there...

i think 50/50 if writers know the spot and it's hidden then don't matter unless you take a pic of it. and the other 50 is if your starting out then you wanna get know i guess it does matter, plus it feels good seeing your own stuff that you did.

thats my $.02

i think getting up big is cool and gettin known and shit...i feel so good when i walk to da store to pick up some kool aid mix and i catch like 2 of my tags...it makes me happy...im like thats write bitch this is my hood! but i also really enjoy just painting just to get better...i am doin a commisioned wall that is behind a store...im physched even tho the only people that will see it are me and maybe the ocassional crackhead lookin for a place too shit...it like when u do a kickass drawin on a sheet of paper it just makes u feel talented..thats the same feelin i get when i do a rockin ass piece no matter where it is...

Archived