Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

as boring as realism sounds, working it out in paint is a great place to start for getting technique down. here's a tip. if you have creative block, then dont be creative. work on techniques and theory. when the ideas come, you will be better prepared to ececute them and sometimes just playing in paint can spark an idea.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^^^word. That's pretty much what I've been doing for the past month. Sketching, studing, and playing with paint & colors. I have been going to more gallery shows where I live in Bmore/Wash D.C./Md. I get lots of good ideas, but sometimes it's hard to stay original. It's real hard to focus when you have a 9 to 5er and a family. Oh well.

Peace. Lynerocks...WHO Kids.

"The Raven" was the theme by edgar alan poe. this is what i came up with. looking for crits. this is my first time working with paints.

Good color tones I soppose.

But there is not much too it. Just a bunch of drips and a quick bird looking thingy.

The drips might make a good first "layer" to then work ontop of and eventually try to bring some of that back into the final piece with some overpainting.. but as is now there is not much to it...

Okay so last night after i did the canvas i was feeling it really but i took a second to look objecitvely at it, and it was easy. there wasnt all that much thought put into it. im going to be doing more work soon, hopefully tommorow. its difficult but fun, this being my first canvas i decided its okay, but nothing all that special. moving on...

thebumpmaker

i seen your pieces.

i think you have no room to talk

i was just saying the first thing that came to mind...sure it came

off harsh but it was my honest opinion...ENIGMATIC- keep doing

your thing...the inter-web is full of assholes like me..i'm sure you took no offense.

DACYPHA..i'm far from nice...but then again i'm not an artist..i'm a graffiti writer.

-peace out.

heres a few..first two unfinished..

IM001444.jpg?t=1184364838

IM001447.jpg?t=1184364874

IM001445.jpg?t=1184364907

IM001449.jpg?t=1184364934

IM001450.jpg?t=1184364965