Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thanks for your opinion it's dully noted, as well as everyone else's. It is seldom forums produce constructive feed back, so it's appreciated.

Color me flattered I guess for the comparisons.. However, splitting hairs is a lot harder of a task then graffiti... In my opinion..

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_.jpg

Be easy.

i wouldnt say sever any more than hence, rime, zes, everyone in awr, half of canada, or anyone else who's using a tech/whispy style these days. not the most super original thing ive ever seen, but its done real well, so i've got no real qualms. really my only 'thing' with it, is just that it further illustrates how boring 'graffiti' on a canvas is to me. those pieces are dope, but being locked onto a canvas like that... it just insantly turns me off.

apex,

those are fucking awful in every single way. i wont bother to say something nice, because there is nothing nice to be said. you have no clue what you're doing and it shows overwelmingly.

just,

thicker, more emotional lines. make the lines part of the image, not merely black stripes that seperate color. also, go back and use some variation in the fields of color, so they dont look quite so flat. even just a little bit on the hills so show shadow and shit. if you did that with prismas (which is what it appears) just use the same color and layer it in areas, or maybe a 10% grey.

Thanks for the feedback seek

I think I need to take a better picture because I did all that with the pens. 2 different types of grey in there. Will still try to bring it out more. Lines were thinckenned once already but the scale is larger than I am used to so I guess it needs to be thicker!

In my opinion, graffiti on canvas can be dope. For sure. I just think it's writers purist inclinations (mixed in with a little hater) that cause people to come in here hating on clearly dope peices just because they're on canvas. Some of you try to hard to be uncliche' or on some next shit, that you lump yoursleves into a category of hateroids that never end up pushing the bar on what you could do art-wise because of your anti-graff on canvas campaign, get over it and give props where it's due.

In my opinion, graffiti on canvas can be dope. For sure. I just think it's writers purist inclinations (mixed in with a little hater) that cause people to come in here hating on clearly dope peices just because they're on canvas. Some of you try to hard to be uncliche' or on some next shit, that you lump yoursleves into a category of hateroids that never end up pushing the bar on what you could do art-wise because of your anti-graff on canvas campaign, get over it and give props where it's due.

i assume you were talking to me, so i'll reply as if that's the case.

i wont deny having a hardline stance on a lot of things, but im not a 'hater', and to imply that simply speaks to your own ignorance. i have legitimate, rational arguments for most everything, and for the things i dont, i always state it as personal opinion. there is no 'right or wrong' in the world of graffiti canvases, there is just preference. i prefer to not see it on canvas. to me, it's like seeing a lion locked inside a tiny cage. its demasculated and sad. many people seem to share this opinion. those who do not usually either suck or are attempting to make money. the few others who fit into neither catagory...well...i dont know, i never really meet those people. in either event, to imply that i'm not pushing the bar in my own art because i don't like graffiti on canvases is just retarded to the point of not warranting any further response.

coming from the person who's been following me around, chastising my opinions.

i take my integrity seriously, sorry if that's a problem for you.

ha, ha, yeah, I've been following you around. Actually, it was two threads that I just happened to click on and see you hating on people yesterday. I made two comments

(the one in here being one of them) and one in another thread.

I've been stalking you!! Watching where you post!

yeah... so, anyway, go ahead, do you.