The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

To be honest, the only tips I can give is shoot more. I've never done any form of formal education or taken any classes for photography. I've just developed a feel for the lighting, take one or two shots and you'll get the right exposure.

I usually set the ISO and aperture then take a few shots with the shutter speed I think is right. I've found I've become better at shooting at night now too. It's all just shooting more, haha. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

In other news I'm actually thinking of signing up for a course which goes for a few months. The cut off is tomorrow so that's my night planned, decision making..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Word, everyone is always their own toughest critic. Just start posting stuff regularly in here and I'm sure everyone will be willing to give you some helpful criticism.

Shooting at night is the shit, once you're nailing nice long exposures and shooting hand held at slower speeds everything else is easy.

And for a photo, this was my Grandads photography book, the second edition of that book printed in 1942. Pretty much covers framing/compositions, exposure, developing, and darkroom prints. Everything.

dsc4250y.jpg

i have the most trouble shooting the moon while getting the horizon in correct exposure.....its either the moons blown out and shapeless or the horizon is black...any tips?

Thats like asking for an outfit that's comfortable to wear at both the Equator and North Pole.

The only way to consistently get both exposed properly is in post.

Either taking two or more shots exposed properly for each part of the composition and putting them together.

Or having a really good sensor and adjusting the levels and fill light in a raw editor.

I guess you could also do something similar by using good film and dodge/burn.

Either way it has to be done in post or under special lighting conditions.

The dinosaur ones came out better than I thought they would.

5710851091_18fe1bf036_z.jpg

5710851041_0f6e3bc7e0_z.jpg

Before we lit it. I only have a couple of while it was burning.

5711407880_219e80b02f_z.jpg

5710851277_f69368a623_z.jpg

Spaceman, you should definitely get onto some MF stuff, I'd love to see your shots in a nice 6x6 format. I don't know why but it does something for me, I think especially with your snow/forest shots it would look great.

Thanks! I could definitely just go and get a holga, but I'm saving myself for something special.