The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yashica Mat 124 G was one of the last ones they made I think, so it's probably the one you're guaranteed to find in working order. They're dope cameras too, I used one a while back and my mate just picked one up recently. Relatively compact too, for a MF camera.

eBay prices average around $350 depending on the condition. I haven't used any others but I'd go for one of the Yashicas

Back to photo related things, picked up a new bag. Been looking for a camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag for ages.

incase-ari-marcopoulos-camera-bag-03.jpg

Ari Marcopoulos x Incase

Hell yeah, Contax G2. Thats what's up.

And Mercer, shine away from Yashica TLR's they're dece and that's all they'll ever amount to. Within the price range you said you could get a GOOD Mamiya C330.

Haha, I wish. That's Ari's kit showing what you can fit.

"Ability to store everything from Canon 5D Mark II, the trusted 24-70mm L lens, Leica film camera, Apple iPad, chargers, batteries, and more"

Generally I like backpacks too, but all camera backpacks looks too squared off or they're a bit stiff. I got sick of throwing my DSLR into a flimsy backpack and the cheap DSLR carry bag was too crap. This bag is nice, just like a messenger bag. Pretty pleased. Only took two years to find something I like, haha.

5440266531_071c890877_z.jpg

hey chupa

if you have a digi cam that reads out the light levels you can use that until you can afford a light meter

just make sure the asa on the digi is set to your film speed.

Yeah, my only working digital camera is my dslr though, and having to take that out every time i want to take a photo is less than ideal. Affording it isn't really the issue, I just haven't looked into the cost of rangefinders and light meters yet, so i'm not sure what sort of price range i'm looking at. I'm very slow on making purchases, so it'll probably be a while anyways.

Edit:

I did actually look at one, which I would like, but $200 is a bit steep for a shoe lightmeter.

VC-set.jpg

My aunt just dug an old 8mm keystone video camera out of her basement and gave it to me... It was my grandfathers and there are all these videos he took of different places he worked in... I cant express how much I love the sound of film running through it.

Ahh music to my freakishly small ears.

daaamn on the RZ67. I take it you're doing studio work?

I think I've decided to go with an Agfa Isolette III, instead of a Voigtlander Perkeo. Has a rangefinder built in, which is one less thing to fumble around with. I want to try to hunt down a Kodalux L light meter and would rather be able to have that on the shoe mount most of the time, instead of having to swap around with a rangefinder constantly. That little Kodalux is pretty badass for its time/size. Shoe mountable, but also can be used for incident metering

3012260342_8a094b9a64_z.jpg?zz=1

00BARp-21898184.jpg

got back my first roll from my pentax 645. negatives look pretty good i'll hopefully get them scanned and posted on here tomorrow. in the mean time here's some new stuff from the D80...

5633179560_7a59106de3_b.jpg

5639954534_56256f81de_b.jpg

5639381061_2c0a58fd00_b.jpg

5639954646_39d313be5d_b.jpg

it started raining as i was exposing this one, so excuse the drops on the lens. i like the way it came out anyway...

5639954670_3998a591d5_b.jpg

• Like 1