The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

The funny thing is this kid used to come on here and got chased off for being fake as fuck.

I wouldn't be surprised if more shit from the inspirational photographers thread shows up on there.

His entire blog is based off of stealing other peoples photo's and not crediting them, surprised he did in this case.

With that much stolen content he might as well just rock a tumblr.

Instead of that shit this is a blog worth checking out IMO: Mook-Life, my boys from Montreal.

These guys create their own content, photo's, and commentary and it's good shit.

Peep the "Street Art" post, it's the begininning of a cool line of posts based on that type of photography.

That Mook-Life page is good stuff, I actually came across that the other day while surfing Flickr. I think through Killa-EF's page through some 'bum bombing' photos :lol:

Just saw your NYC post on there too, good site, gonna bookmark that one.

oh_snap, that magazine cover is pretty sweet, looks like the lighting classes are paying off. Something I'd like to get more experience in.

Where do you live? My mate is over in the states at the moment and he was with some dude who's 6'8, he showed us a photo of his bike to show the size. PM me if you don't wanna post the city! Maybe there's just a lot of extremely talk people on bikes over there. Haha.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
FFFUUUUU Does it piss anyone else off that this dickhead posts things like this years late. Everyone that matters knows about Vivian Maier but now that it's on here every hipster trendy fuck is gonna be posting her photos on their new blogs and buying prints (Good for dude that found them I guess!)

http://fucknfilthy.com/2011/04/28/mystery-photographer-comes-to-fame-after-her-death/

Why do I even go back to that site, pssch, fuck.

I dont post things because they're current , I just post things I like.

Someone sent that in & I had never seen it so I stuck it up.

As far as people talking about the stolen photography thing ,

the majority of sites are made up of stolen photos , isn't that what 12oz is?

I constantly credit photographers / do writeups on photographers & give exposure to upcoming young photographers . The random photo post are made up of 100s of photos people sent me in weekly , a lot are photos which they take themselves & want to see on the site.

If you really checked the site you would know it's not just made up of stolen photography but we also do interviews/clothing/music & are in the midst of opening an irish store & planning a documentary series. If you dont like it mate then dont look at it , it doesn't effect me.

Plenty of people love the site & give me positive feedback so I'm not going to loose sleep.

the majority of sites are made up of stolen photos , isn't that what 12oz is?

facepalm.jpg

Founded in 1993, 12ozProphet was established with the goal of raising the bar for the graffiti world while integrating its distinctiveness into the wider world of popular culture, art and design. In the years since, 12ozProphet has evolved to become a platform for many of its most authoritative voices.

The front page always credits the source of where they found the image, although sometimes not the original source there is always a link back. The forum is a place where writers post photos of graffiti, mostly taken by the users, benched or taken in the streets. And for the threads that are simply photo dumps, it is a forum, nobody is cashing in on it. They're simply sharing and again, often linking to the source.

'Nuff said.

Wafflecakee, oh_snap, all you guys.. Post more photos, haha. I don't wanna ruin this thread. I need to develop some film over the weekend.

I got drunk during the afternoon this day, trying to get drunk a second time during the night can be difficult. When you're sober around drunk people you notice the silly things that people do. I snapped my friend who'd started curling a 5 pound weight amidst a dance party going on in a room.

5669600931_15d08dfa8f_z.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't had time to post because of how hectic this semester got. So, I'm going to post some of my stuff from my final projects.

The first 3 are part of my final project from my Studio Lighting class.

5641239315_20f4caf70d_z.jpg

5641239313_329dbc0f25_z.jpg

5641803302_f426c6b152_z.jpg

This isn't from a final, but an editorial layout assignment (this dude, my old roommate, was a huge [pun intended] challenge to shoot in our studio because he's 6'8).

5639371104_1f74f336cc_z.jpg

5639371500_2f841432dc_z.jpg

and the before and after, because i'm really proud of how my photoshop skills have progressed this semester. 6 months ago i never touched photoshop, just lightroom.

5641855628_fd0637e32c_b.jpg

last post of the page bump

and the before and after, because i'm really proud of how my photoshop skills have progressed this semester. 6 months ago i never touched photoshop, just lightroom.

5641855628_fd0637e32c_b.jpg

Good shit, man!

I noticed one little thing though... the shadow of your back wheel should continue on through the circular hole cut in the crank. Instead, you have just blank background there. ;)