The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Flickr looks good, added you.

Maybe try changing your white balance or something, that red is reaaaally heavy. Some cool stuff though!

well i only shoot film, so no white balancing

dont really care for digital editing too..

nice canonet btw.. used a vivitar 35es last summer and fell in love with these small compact rangefinders with fast lenses. vivitar is broken for now but im thinking about selling my crappy digital slr and buying one of them voigtlander bessa r series

well i only shoot film, so no white balancing

dont really care for digital editing too..

nice canonet btw.. used a vivitar 35es last summer and fell in love with these small compact rangefinders with fast lenses. vivitar is broken for now but im thinking about selling my crappy digital slr and buying one of them voigtlander bessa r series

Word, that's dope then dude, I didn't realise. Good stuff. Yeah the Canonet is a nice little camera, I've got 2 of them but I'll be selling them soon.

Definitely go for a Voigtlander, they're great cameras. And they're an M mount too so you can get some good glass and keep it if you ever move to a Leica or another M mount RF.

Thanks, yeah I really liked that one, I think it's just the blue tint, the trash on the left and everything else being really dark. Trying to post more colour shots and leave the black and white for film. Otherwise I feel it gets a bit dull seeing everything in black and white.

EDIT: Just tried a B&W conversion, it sucks. The colour is much nicer. I love the rain, the reflections, the colours in the puddles.

I like the pissing one, haha. @ wafflecakee

2nd last shot is cool Caust

http://www.aipa.org.nz/Features/THE+UNFORESEEN+CONSEQUENCES+OF+UNPROFITABLE+JOBS/

Excerpt from this book about under selling yourself as a photographer. Anyone got any good suggestions on photography books? Probably more so about the business of it or more theory based. Not just photo books/coffee table style.

Feel like doing some downloading and reading after seeing that.

FFFUUUUU Does it piss anyone else off that this dickhead posts things like this years late. Everyone that matters knows about Vivian Maier but now that it's on here every hipster trendy fuck is gonna be posting her photos on their new blogs and buying prints (Good for dude that found them I guess!)

http://fucknfilthy.com/2011/04/28/mystery-photographer-comes-to-fame-after-her-death/

Why do I even go back to that site, pssch, fuck.

FFFUUUUU Does it piss anyone else off that this dickhead posts things like this years late. Everyone that matters knows about Vivian Maier but now that it's on here every hipster trendy fuck is gonna be posting her photos on their new blogs and buying prints (Good for dude that found them I guess!)

http://fucknfilthy.com/2011/04/28/mystery-photographer-comes-to-fame-after-her-death/

Why do I even go back to that site, pssch, fuck.

The funny thing is this kid used to come on here and got chased off for being fake as fuck.

I wouldn't be surprised if more shit from the inspirational photographers thread shows up on there.

His entire blog is based off of stealing other peoples photo's and not crediting them, surprised he did in this case.

With that much stolen content he might as well just rock a tumblr.

Instead of that shit this is a blog worth checking out IMO: Mook-Life, my boys from Montreal.

These guys create their own content, photo's, and commentary and it's good shit.

Peep the "Street Art" post, it's the begininning of a cool line of posts based on that type of photography.

I haven't had time to post because of how hectic this semester got. So, I'm going to post some of my stuff from my final projects.

The first 3 are part of my final project from my Studio Lighting class.

5641239315_20f4caf70d_z.jpg

5641239313_329dbc0f25_z.jpg

5641803302_f426c6b152_z.jpg

This isn't from a final, but an editorial layout assignment (this dude, my old roommate, was a huge [pun intended] challenge to shoot in our studio because he's 6'8).

5639371104_1f74f336cc_z.jpg

5639371500_2f841432dc_z.jpg

and the before and after, because i'm really proud of how my photoshop skills have progressed this semester. 6 months ago i never touched photoshop, just lightroom.

5641855628_fd0637e32c_b.jpg