The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

cameras,

PS:

yashica t2,t3

contax t2,t3

ricoh gr1

RF:

yashica electro 35 gsn, lots of other good models.

olympus xa

canon 7

slr:

canon ae1

pentax k1000

theres so many good slrs at pawn shops and such you don't really need to worry.

films

e100vs

elitechrome

ilford hp5

velvia

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Alright so i'm entering some photography contest at my work, and i wanted to take a picture of someone breaking a salt shaker (yeah random but it's part of the theme). i wanted just the close up of the salt shaker breaking...but since it's going to be very quick what is the best way to keep it in focus? (shutter speed, aperture, lighting etc.)?

i'm going to be shooting it with burst mode so i don't think catching the right time will be a problem, just the focus of everything

any help would be appreciated!

get a bunch of salt shakers, shooting in single shot you'll actually be able to shoot it at the right moment. focus before hand, dof depends on how much you want in focus & how much light you have. the best thing to do is experiment and try it a bunch.

for all the chit chat.

got my creep on, this girl sells my roommates weed.

00250024copy.jpg

Alright so i'm entering some photography contest at my work, and i wanted to take a picture of someone breaking a salt shaker (yeah random but it's part of the theme). i wanted just the close up of the salt shaker breaking...but since it's going to be very quick what is the best way to keep it in focus? (shutter speed, aperture, lighting etc.)?

i'm going to be shooting it with burst mode so i don't think catching the right time will be a problem, just the focus of everything

any help would be appreciated!

try shooting at a wider aperature maybe 5.6. i

So i was just messing around and just trying some stuff out

this is the unedited version i just want to know if there is anyway to get the splash of the water in focus? i tried alot of the settings but nothing seems to capture the water the way i want it to.

any tips?

pic004.jpg

don't mind the paper towel haha

faster shutter speed. set something in the middle of the opening of the glass and focus on it beforehand.

what are you shooting? and in manual modes?

this is actually quite difficult to do, I've tried it before. the problem i had was not having enough light and not being able to shoot fast enough. eventually i got it better with my film camera and some high iso film but here's one of the digital trials.

this was probably shot at f/1.8, don't try that though, getting anything in focus is far too difficult. as mn1 said 5.6 is good.

IMG_0039.jpg

For stuff like that use wider aperture exactly like the others said, around 5.6. set your shutter to the highest sync speed with the flash and use the flash. if it's the on camera one then try to bounce it off some card or something. better yet use an external flash and you'll freeze the water/subject. set your iso accordingly

Film cameras? ...Don't forget about medium format & large format for that matter!

Ive been shooting a holga that i borrowed from school with 120 film. super psyched at what the final product will look like. Do you guys have access to a darkroom?

Don't forget about the often overlooked Hipstamatic app for iphone either br0.

too broke for an iphone for now but ill probably get one in the coming months.

@mn1_fuckos

good luck! holgas are great, but have some patience for sure.

my first 3 rolls sucked,,, got just blank negatives.

you'll prolly have light leaking no matter what,

but gives it cool affects, as im sure you are aware.

if your first roll doesnt go so good & you can afford to,

just keep @ it. cant wait to see what u get!

DSC_9516.jpg

DSC_9464.jpg

DSC_9443.jpg

DSC_9430.jpg

DSC_9390.jpg

DSC_9377.jpg

DSC_9359.jpg

DSC_9331.jpg

DSC_9319.jpg

DSC_9304.jpg

DSC_9271.jpg

Shot all these Yesterday, accidentally left the camera set on .jpg instead of raw and not even the highest quality jpg setting.

I had it set like that because I've been shooting a lot of time lapse lately.

I normally touch up exposure or levels in camera raw on most of the stuff I shoot but these are presented as shot.