The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Not sure why I'm posting these.. I dig them, but they ain't no where near the quality the rest of you is putting up. So criticism is fine by me or you all can tell me to never post in here again.

4562161203_0ed45be453.jpg

4562793432_57b5b1c5f2.jpg

Yes this was inspired/bitten from a previous flick. Too bad mine don't hold up.

4562320665_ccc59e932c_b.jpg

I love downtown at night.

this has a Martin Parr look to it. Check him out MN1, the amount that you're out and about, it might be a good look to hone the focus a little bit into a cohesive project, seeing as you're out almost every single day

the man was a rebel i tell you he went against the grain when it came to photography. That's why some of the Magnum photographers weren't really feeling his style of photography.

yup never leave home without the camera.

show.html?img=340160

after:

6a00d8341ce76f53ef0120a8faf86e970b-pi

^intially won a photo of the year prize (the story was on ukrainian street fighting), but after consulting the raw image, was disqualified.

Why wouldnt the guy who shot this just have taken along a f3 with 400 b+w in it anyway?

Photographers are so lazy nowadays.

Why wouldnt the guy who shot this just have taken along a f3 with 400 b+w in it anyway?

Photographers are so lazy nowadays.

Because he hadn't thought it up at the time, only when he gets to photoshop does he realize the shot he could;ve had. That's also the controversy, the photographer didn't 'seize' that moment.

^^She must've been wrapping his hands pretty damn fast. Using a camera that you have to wind yourself, you start to think much more about your shots and tend to wait for the right moment to appear instead of just burst shooting and praying to god you got something worthwhile.

Also to mayor's point, anyone can take a snapshot of anything and find something good if you crop it down enough. That guy proves it. But when you take that much out, you're leaning towards graphic design in my opinion.

4568700775_c58bd2be6a.jpg

4568702985_f8b5da704b.jpg

4569341816_c03d30ccff.jpg

4569344600_2d721962a0.jpg

Edit: Oh yeah, I found some PanF 50 yesterday, so I can't wait to try it out.

^^She must've been wrapping his hands pretty damn fast. Using a camera that you have to wind yourself, you start to think much more about your shots and tend to wait for the right moment to appear instead of just burst shooting and praying to god you got something worthwhile.

Also to mayor's point, anyone can take a snapshot of anything and find something good if you crop it down enough. That guy proves it. But when you take that much out, you're leaning towards graphic design in my opinion.

i agree on that people have to think things as theyre shooting. as i walk down the street i can pretty much imagine a shot before i even take it. I usually shoot on instinct rather then waiting for things to develop. It might be hit or miss sometimes but when the shots are good ones they're usually far beyond expectation. If you wait for the one perfect shot you might have missed several other opportunities at even greater shots. IMO

that person could have taken that shot with a 50mm lens or even a stock lens without having to crop and he would have had a nice depth of field as well.

Great shots Spaceman

I agree that the hand wrapping edit was poor taste and to me it's pure turd polish especially considering faking the film look.

I'm not sure if it's my low brow/non academic taste but the hand wrapping one, bland photo even edited IMO.

The type of edit before that (clouds) I've done myself, especially when I used to have a point and shoot and used full auto.

I try to do everything in camera now, usually on aperture control for the most part tweaking the white balance and ISO as I'm shooting.

I can't lie though, I usually fine tune 70 -80% of my shots in camera raw, most get something like fill light/blacks or a temp. adjustment.

I never really change the dimensions through cropping but occasionally cut paste and transform (stretch) the image but keep the original dimensions.