The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I'm standing at a grade crossing in a small town, that spot would be far from "chill"

Also, if I call a giraffe a calculator it does not mean that I can get proper equations out of it.

we get it you live in a small town and your spot is far from chill

your hard ass graphix are burnin the locals blah blah blah

i don't care, drop the attitude, i'm not impressed.

btw fail at the nega props, its the other option dimwit

that cardinal shot is cool

Marco, if you don't mind me asking do you have any tips for shooting events and shit with flash? I'm working with a D60 and an SB600. I really dig your stuff, so any comments or whatever would be really appreciated.

lately i've been shooting at f4, ISO 800, 1/100, full power on the flash. i tilt the flash upwards at 45 degrees with a diffuser.

i usually don't shoot concerts with flash though. I set it to ISO 1600, f2.8 in aperture mode.

my old man just kicked me an old canon ae-1 slr that he bought brand new, many many moons ago. according to wiki, they were made betweem 1976 and 1984... i know jack shit about film cameras, does anybody have good links to newbie film info? i havnt loaded film for over 13 years...

he also tossed me a vivitar auto thristor 2800 flash, this thing any gewd?

CanonAE1-leftfront.jpg

one of my first cameras that actually had interchangeable lens was a canon ae-1

definitely be careful of the little sprockets that wind the film.

I think I may have loaded it too tight or it was stuck, I don't remember but they broke and the camera became useless.

i tried tracking down the part but couldn't find one. there's alot of cheap lens out there made by a variety of companies.

if i remember correctly it has an in camera meter

i'd say focus on learning fstops without flash first (100 iso film)

then branch off into 400 iso etc eventually adding the flash etc

don't worry if the flash is good or not, does it work? then its good enough.

i'd say 99% of photographers that own flash use them 1% of the time.

use the money to buy more film

Here are some shots I took with a HP Photosmart E217. I have no schooling and no clue what I am doing lol. I just enjoy shooting. Any feedback would be awesome. good or bad. thanks.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4546070501_95f7a338aa_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4541509036_33fa343074_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2702/4532876682_79b4b0a8bc_b.jpg

is there any kind of code with expierienced photographers. is it fair game to use photoshop etc or taboo.

im talking stictly personal and/or portfolio pictures not commisioned jobs/advertising.

No real code, almost everyone I know on a professional or serious amateur level edits in one way or another, film and digital.

The general Idea I've gathered and my own personal taste is that it should never look edited.

Also the photo shouldn't be "fake" meaning the actual content itself can be edited to a degree,

but adding in something that isn't originally in the photo and faking a good shot is frowned upon.

There are a few famous examples of people editing together an awesome photo but being harshly discredited later.

The main idea I think is to try and do as much as you can with the camera and as little on a computer.

Not as some kind of "keeping it real" type deal, it's just funner actually taking photo's and improving than sitting on a computer polishing up turds.

Plus the end results are always better that way, I saw a stylist get cut off from working with a photographer on a shoot once.

She suggested instead of setting up the shot right that it could be easily edited later.

While it was true and would have saved time, relying on editing later limits options.

The general idea is to shoot the best possible image first and edit to perfection later if needed.