Alcoholism

Step8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sitting in my bed right now, kicking alcohol. it hasn't even really started to kick yet. heart is pounding like a motherfucker. i can barely type cuz i'm shaking. i've had so much fun with all my drunk shhenangans that i rationalize that it's worth it. i don't know what to do.

sitting in my bed right now, kicking alcohol. it hasn't even really started to kick yet. heart is pounding like a motherfucker. i can barely type cuz i'm shaking. i've had so much fun with all my drunk shhenangans that i rationalize that it's worth it. i don't know what to do.

YOUR'E SHAKING BECAUSE YOUR'E THINKING OF 100% OF THE ROAD AHEAD OF YOU,

AND THAT's WAY TO MUCH FOR ANY OF US TO GO UP AGAINST.

JUST THINK OF IT DAY BY DAY.

ONLY FIGHT 24 HOURS AT A TIME OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

SLOW YOUR THOUGHTS,

MAKE A SMALL GOAL THAT YOU KNOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE,

LIKE NOT DRINKING TODAY.

WAKE UP TOMORROW AND ONLY SAY TO YOURSELF,

"I WILL STAY SOBER TODAY".

GO GET IT.

• Like 1

ive gotten the shakes plenty of times not a seizure but my hand will shake for a few days after a nice long bender. Ive been blacking out way less which im proud of, and ive even started to turn down drinks which to me is crazy. Used to be if somebody offered me a beer id have seven.

whats ur drinking history? how much? how long?

are you taking anything to get you thru withdrawl. physical shit lasts up to 48 hours and then you think you are fine and then BAM SEIZURE TIME!

well im 23 and i didn't start the rougher binges until i was about 18.

i've done this before, i know what i'm in for, never had seizures. generally feel like garbage for about 2 or 3 days before i can eat like i usually do. whatever. i'm still laying in bed sweating and dwelling.

I'm older n you n my drink of choice is Whiskey. I can drink a fifth a day easy, when money doesn't call for it I can not, I am not THAT bad a fiend. Anyway as far as drinking goes call it 4/5ths a day for the last 2 yrs. I don't ever have the phyisical feelings ie:shakes. Do any of you old pros know why? To me it's all mental, I just want to, for no fucking reason, I mean tonight I am doing....this. Why to be the drunk eh?

i think he's getting at some potentially deeper running issues.

day two of kicking. paranoia starting up. last night was spent in a cold sweat, waking up every 30 minutes from horrible and very vivid nightmares. some auditory hallucinations.

unable to eat. not shaking so bad today. trying to sweat this shit out....

shit SUCKS.

I'm older n you n my drink of choice is Whiskey. I can drink a fifth a day easy, when money doesn't call for it I can not, I am not THAT bad a fiend. Anyway as far as drinking goes call it 4/5ths a day for the last 2 yrs. I don't ever have the phyisical feelings ie:shakes. Do any of you old pros know why? To me it's all mental, I just want to, for no fucking reason, I mean tonight I am doing....this. Why to be the drunk eh?

The shakes are subtle. The next morning you wake up after drinking take a real close look at whether or not you can hold your hand perfectly still, you will find that it shakes a very small amount. It is not dramatic but it is physical and not mental.

day two of kicking. paranoia starting up. last night was spent in a cold sweat, waking up every 30 minutes from horrible and very vivid nightmares. some auditory hallucinations.

unable to eat.

POZ what are you paranoid about?

not being able to fully quit drinking, or are you generally a person with anxiety issues?

as for eating, FRUIT MY NIGGA.

get well, homey.