Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

When friends pass away....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Gunm, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I found out yesterday a good friend of mine had died last week. I find it so hard to believe with my memories of this guy so clear still...to fathom him not being around anymore is a hard thing to accept. I can't stress enough how this has contributed to April being a raw fucking month. And he was my age too which makes it even more rough

I met dude in a film class when i saw him sketching throwies in his note margins. Pretty much after that we went on all night missions going straight to class the next day with no sleep and painty clothes. Playing chess, drinking beer with PHO, talking shit to his worthless roomate....etc...

He won't ever get to see how I took all of his advice and poured it into my work to make for huge improvments in just a year and a half. Fuck, that really bothers me.

Thanks for reading this...he's missed by a lot of people.

2. fat ralphy

fat ralphy 12oz Loyalist

dude..respect an rest in peace to your boy..i lost a friend tragically like 8 years ago man and it is something that takes time man the best thing we can do is continue to honor them in rememberance you know take their moms out you know i still feel like my homie is around me

3. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

RIP guy.

RIP DEPTE

4. El Jefe Uno

El Jefe Uno Dirty Dozen Crew

im sorry to hear that man
    I lost a good friend last year.. this coming June will be the first anniversary
    its never easy to deal with, but as cliche as it sounds, as time goes by you'll think of the good times and smile about fond memories, ya know?

5. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

RIP to Lens' homie.

take care Lens.

6. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I know what you're saying man....I appreciate it but the recency of this is still pretty brutal to me.

7. Ethreadzny2

Ethreadzny2 Veteran Member

its extremely hard to lose a friend. much sympathy goes out to you and yours. I know the feeling to well, and its extremelypainful. Stay strong.

8. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

I feel you man... I've been through a somewhat similar experience recently, and shit is tough.

Ralphy is right-- if you know the family, it can really mean a lot to them if you come around and chill with them, take Moms out to dinner, whatever. As for you, all you can do is remember the god times, maybe paint him a piece, and let time do its thing.

Best wishes.

9. ^ . ^

^ . ^ Dirty Dozen Crew

rip lens' friend.

10. makeithappennn

makeithappennn Elite Member

my friend was just killed in september..its never easy to accept these type of things knowing that you can never see them again.sorry to hear about your loss.

hope you feel better.rest in peace.

11. dirtydoses

dirtydoses Veteran Member

RIP to your friend

losing people sucks.

12. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Thanks.

I want to visit his family and pay my respects next week. I kept in touch with his dad for a long time but....

I had so many chances to see this guy when he was still being taken care of but i didn't and now he's dead and i'll never see him alive again.....I feel incredible guilt because of that.

13. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

I know its hard to get past, but you can't let that shit get to you now. You can't change the past, but you can learn from it.

14. shellshock

shellshock Member

RIP, yeah i was lookigng thru a black book saw a deceased homie's tag shit got me spooked after a few flashbacks and shit when i hung out with him when he was alive