When friends pass away....

Gunm

I found out yesterday a good friend of mine had died last week. I find it so hard to believe with my memories of this guy so clear still...to fathom him not being around anymore is a hard thing to accept. I can't stress enough how this has contributed to April being a raw fucking month. And he was my age too which makes it even more rough

I met dude in a film class when i saw him sketching throwies in his note margins. Pretty much after that we went on all night missions going straight to class the next day with no sleep and painty clothes. Playing chess, drinking beer with PHO, talking shit to his worthless roomate....etc...

He won't ever get to see how I took all of his advice and poured it into my work to make for huge improvments in just a year and a half. Fuck, that really bothers me.

Thanks for reading this...he's missed by a lot of people.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
im sorry to hear that man

I lost a good friend last year.. this coming June will be the first anniversary

its never easy to deal with, but as cliche as it sounds, as time goes by you'll think of the good times and smile about fond memories, ya know?

I know what you're saying man....I appreciate it but the recency of this is still pretty brutal to me.

I feel you man... I've been through a somewhat similar experience recently, and shit is tough.

Ralphy is right-- if you know the family, it can really mean a lot to them if you come around and chill with them, take Moms out to dinner, whatever. As for you, all you can do is remember the god times, maybe paint him a piece, and let time do its thing.

Best wishes.

Thanks.

I want to visit his family and pay my respects next week. I kept in touch with his dad for a long time but....

I had so many chances to see this guy when he was still being taken care of but i didn't and now he's dead and i'll never see him alive again.....I feel incredible guilt because of that.

I've lost in the past and its kinda surreal. I almost dont believe they are gone. It's hard. They say time heals all wounds but death seems to leave scars.

RIP len's friend.

(Maybe a RIP piece would help with the closure?)

You'll be alright but it's gonna suck for a while.

I think the point about seeing the family is a very valid one.

It'll be painfull because they'll have memories of him that'll differ to yours but in the end you'll feel better for it and if homie is looking down he'll be grateful to.

and a huge R.I.P burner and some of his favorite beer in a spot he would have loved with people he liked will help too!

Rest in peace

Just wanna thank everyone for their condolences.

I posted this in Wonkas grandma thread already but yesterday I took a 7 mile hike into the woods to a chill painting spot, did something for my friend, walked back, my ex came over to cuddle and keep me company, ate a good dinner and got a full nights sleep.

I feel 100x better today....my friend would have wanted it that way.

I am going to go visit his family on sunday. i plan on bringing them a framed photo of a wall me and him bombed on the first night we ever went on a mission together...I think they will appreciate it