1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Rather odd event on Meet The Press this morning.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Poop Man Bob, May 16, 2004.

1. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Rather odd event on Meet The Press this morning.

Discussion started by Poop Man Bob - May 16, 2004

http://www.drudgereport.com/mtp.jpg'>[/center]

[list][b][SIZE=2][url=http://algraffix.nstemp.com/powellMTP.wmv]Link to video.[/url][/b][/SIZE][/list]

[url=http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm]http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm[/url]
    [quote][b][b][SIZE=2]BLEEP THE PRESS: CAMERA MOVED OFF POWELL DURING RUSSERT GRILLING; AIDE ATTEMPTED TO CUT OFF INTERVIEW[/SIZE][/b]
    Sun May 16 2004 10:45:35 ET

An aide to Sec. of State Colin Powell ordered a halt to a MEET THE PRESS interview and directed a camera to shoot a palm tree during provocative questioning by host Tim Russert! Powell was being interview by satellite from Jordan. State Department press aide Emily Miller fumed as Tim Russert went beyond the 10 minutes allotted for the NBC Sunday session.

+++

13 minutes in to the interview, Miller attempted to pull the plug. As Russert grilled Powell on his presentation at the UN of Iraq's alleged WMDs -- Miller moved the single remote camera off Powell.

"You're off," Miller announced.

"I am not off," Powell warned.

"No. They can't use it, they're editing it..." Miller said on an open microphone.

"Emily, get out of the way. Bring the camera back please," the secretary snapped.

Russert aired the exchange unedited. Powell was 45 minutes late to the taping, a top source explained.

+++

NBC's MEET THE PRESS transcript:

TIM RUSSERT: Finally, Mr. Secretary, in February of 2003, you placed your enormous personal credibility before the United Nations and laid out a case against Saddam Hussein, citing ...

(Camera moved off of interview subject)

EMILY MILLER, STATE DEPARTMENT PRESS AIDE: You're off.

SECRETARY POWELL: I am not off.

EMILY MILLER, PRESS AIDE: No. They can't use it, they're editing it.

SECRETARY POWELL: He's still asking the questions.

EMILY MILLER, PRESS AIDE: He was not ...

SECRETARY POWELL: Tim, I am sorry I lost you.

MR. RUSSERT: I am right here Mr. Secretary. I would hope they would put you back on camera. I don't know who did that.

EMILY MILLER, PRESS AIDE: He was going to go for another five minutes.

SECRETARY POWELL: We've really scre...

MR. RUSSERT: I think that was one of your staff Mr. Secretary. I don't think that's appropriate.

SECRETARY POWELL: Emily, get out of the way. Bring the camera back please. (Camera returns to the interview subject) I think we're back on Tim, go ahead with your last question.

MR. RUSSERT: Thank you very much, sir.

In February of 2003, you put your enormous personal reputation on the line before the United Nations and said that you had solid sources for the case against Saddam Hussein. It now appears that an agent called "Curve Ball" had misled the CIA by suggesting that Saddam had trucks and trains that were delivering biological chemical weapons.

How concerned are you that some of the information you shared with the world is now inaccurate and discredited?

SECRETARY POWELL: I'm very concerned. When I made that presentation in February 2003, it was based on the best information that the Central Intelligence Agency made available to me. We studied it carefully. We looked at the sourcing and the case of the mobile trucks and trains. There was multiple sourcing for that. Unfortunately, that multiple sourcing over time has turned out to be not accurate, and so I'm deeply disappointed.

But I'm also comfortable that at the time that I made the presentation it reflected the collective judgment, the sound judgment, of the intelligence community, but it turned out that the sourcing was inaccurate and wrong and, in some cases, deliberately misleading. And for that I'm disappointed, and I regret it.

MR. RUSSERT: Mr. Secretary, we thank you very much for joining us again and sharing your views with us today. SECRETARY POWELL: Thanks, Tim.

(END OF PRE-TAPE INTERVIEW)

MR. RUSSERT: AND THAT WAS AN UNEDITED INTERVIEW WITH THE SECRETARY OF STATE, TAPED EARLIER THIS MORNING FROM JORDAN. WE APPRECIATE SECRETARY POWELL'S WILLINGNESS TO OVERRULE HIS PRESS AIDES' ATTEMPT TO ABRUPTLY CUT OFF OUR DISCUSSION AS I BEGAN TO ASK MY FINAL QUESTION.[/b][/quote]

I'm glad Russert stood up for himself and called shenanigans.​

Poop Man Bob - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. ODS-1

ODS-1 12oz Elite Member

ODS-1 - Replied May 16, 2004

I'm certainly glad the government isn't trying to hide anything from us.

ODS-1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. ERIZENO

ERIZENO 12oz Senior Member

ERIZENO - Replied May 16, 2004

GOOD TO SEE SOMEONE FUCK UP IN A WAY WE CAN SEE IT.

GOOD LOOKING MR RUSSERT, & PMB FOR SHARING IT HERE.

JUST THE SMILE I NEEDED AT WORK ON SUNDAY.

ERIZENO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied May 16, 2004

Don't tell me: the press aide was a bush/rove/rumsfeld/one of those scary fuckers appointee, right?

The Bhagdad press office is actually packed with people who worked on the bush election campaign in 2000.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob - Replied May 16, 2004

Press aide Emily Miller apparently used to be the press secretary for ... Tom DeLay.

The fucker.

6. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one 12oz Senior Member

CIPHER_one - Replied May 16, 2004

Respect should also be given to Powell, from reading the transcript it seems like he wanted to contiue the interview and resented his aid's actions...

CIPHER_one - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob - Replied May 16, 2004

After Powell's UN presentation in February 2003, I have no desire to give him any respect. He lied to the world.

8. Nutonce

Nutonce 12oz Member

Nutonce - Replied May 16, 2004

thats something to be concerned about. the entire government should be in shackles for everything we dont know. and im sure there is plenty.

Nutonce - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. JasonWhit

JasonWhit Banned

JasonWhit - Replied May 16, 2004

from what i understand (and its not much) Colin Powell was kept out of the loop for alot of the iraqi decisions. it seems very possible to me that he was lied too and used, of course this could also be what colin powell is trying to impress upon the public. seeing videos like this make me really question reality ... :confused:

JasonWhit - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  10. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied May 16, 2004

odd, indeed

also, wherever Powell was filmed at, is darn perty.

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  11. $360

$360 12oz Elite Member

$360 - Replied May 16, 2004

:lol: "its one of youre staff"

someone got fired

$360 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. Zaius

Zaius 12oz Member

Zaius - Replied May 16, 2004

hah

Zaius - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. Milton

Milton 12oz Senior Member

Milton - Replied May 16, 2004

Does it make me weird if i just want to go to baghdad? and just like, hang out with the Iraqi's? Will anyone pay for me to go, like Geraldo? Lets start a "Send Milton to Baghdad" thread...

Milton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied May 16, 2004

Milton, we can't have you getting beheaded. I say we start the "Send Tease To Bhagdad" thread. </bad joke>

Colin Powell knew what he was getting himself into, when he was preparing for the UN speech he threw their "evidence" in the air and said "I'm not reading this, this is bullshit" or something close to that. He's just an empty suit now completely devoid of credibility.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. InDY_500

InDY_500 12oz Veteran Member

InDY_500 - Replied May 16, 2004

Ohh you know thats right.........

InDY_500 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: