Hot Clothes on Hot Days

Gunm

rgardless of how hot it gets here i always see some peple around town and at school wearing sweats, black hoodies, beanies and all sorts of scorching clothes.

The other day I saw someone at the bus stop wearing a winter parka with a fur collar and I swear it was 85 degrees out.

Is there some sort of benefit to making yourself sweat like that? Are folks just trying to look cool? Can individuals not wait for winter to floss their subzero wardrobe?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Last winter when it was around 5 degrees every day for a couple weeks there were people rocking adidas soccer slide sandals without socks. It was an invitation to frostbite.

Moral of the story: dress for the occasion or you'll look dumb.

I don't think there's any benefit from wearing hot clothes, on hot days..

but, i do know some people who "just don't feel hot" so they occasionally

wear the sweater or long pants on hot summer days....

but i did hear, drinking hot coffee on a hot ass day, will make u feel

"cooler" in the hot heat....

Guest imported_Tesseract

Driking hot stuff, eating spicy food and having hot showers in hot days definatelly makes you feel better. The idea is that you get hot inside so the heat on your skin doesnt strike you too bad. Havent you noticed that the best way to sweat like a pig on a hot day is to have a cold shower?

Anyway, hot clothes on hot days are for junkies, when the temp here goed 32+(up to 42) celsium i even avoid wearing a belt.

Another thing i dont understand is people who wear jeans in the summer, it doesnt make sense...

That shit doesnt fly in Arizona

However, I used to wear hoodies in the summer. Only because I like to carry shit in the front pocket, and still have my hands free. I was 13, a tom boy, and refused to carry a purse. I could kick your ass. Does the person in the parka fit that description also?

Majority of the time the people that wear that stuff are "hard"......I mean like you said, "standing by the bus stop..." That cant get anymore "hard"

I always point and laugh while they give that look like they're confused at what im doing.........

tell me about it,

i saw a kid on a hot summers day degree day wearing a puffa fubu jacket with big jeans and thos knock off timberland construction boots, he was literally sprinting to catch the train, he got on the train all sweaty and the whole train cringed as litres of seat dripped off his forehead. i then noticed he wasnt wearing a shirt underneath the jacket. moron.

I have a friend, he dosent own shorts, and NEVER wears them, he says they look stupid and he dosent like his legs.

anyone ever been to the beach or pools and see people wearing pants and shirts etc in the water? now THATS stupid

i wear a beanie and a sweatshirt on hot days sometimes because im so used to wearing them.. but usually its cuz ive been in my air conditioned school all day... so i usually shed at least the hoodie in about 5 minutes.

im sure a lot of people just get used to wearing a lot... like i have this friend that never has less than two layers on... usually he has an undershirt, two t shirts, a button up and an unzipped hoodie on.. or something like that... just cuz hes so used to wearing shit like that i guess.

other than that... fuck fashion before comfort, i personally like to be able to walk around in a t shirtand soak up the sun. i think i have that S.A.D. shit.

*edit - i just remembered this: this might seem really wierd and/or dumb, but its true: sometimes i wear a sweatshirt or something because i feel cooler since the sun rays arent hitting me directly.

Hot clothes in hot weather is indeed for junkies. I was going to suggest mabye some of these people wearing winter attire in summer weather could be slightly dopey rackers who don't realise just how conspicous they look walking into a store wearing a big puffy jacket on a balmy summer eve. Or mabye not. Twas just a thought.

Archived