Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

elliot smith appreciation

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 12:02p.m, Dec 8, 2005.

1. 12:02p.m

12:02p.m Senior Member

i searched for one and didnt find one....

[​IMG]
    RIP!

2. hungoverseas

hungoverseas Member

cosigned.

dude was brilliant.

3. 12:02p.m

elliot smith - pitseleh

4. sarahyoulose

sarahyoulose Senior Member

agreed, amazing musician, but i think he is definately an acquired taste

5. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

oh man. so bad.

6. 12:02p.m

7. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

Elliott Smith was an awesome musician, peroid!

8. wasted youth

wasted youth New Jack

I've heard multiple stories about this guy. I heard he stabbed himself in the heart and I heard he took a shit load of pills. Does anyone know what happened?

9. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

elliot smith is the salt and vinegar potato chips of music

10. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

i read in blender after his suicide that he stabbed himself in the heart. he stuck the knife in sideways to get through the ribs to hit the heart perfect. but who knows! i have also heard that he was stabbed by someone else, like i said, who knows.

11. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

12. guerillaidiom

guerillaidiom Junior Member

too bad, I guess the guy was just too sad for his own good.

he is missed.

13. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

14. BUCK FUSH

BUCK FUSH Member

i believe his substance of choice was cocaine because of songs like "The White Lady Loves You More," but then again historically "the white lady" has been heroin, but heroin on the streets now is so shitty its brown/black, so im guessing he meant cocaine. im sure someone can confirm that.

theres a whole conspiracy behind his death, whether it was suicide or not. he was in an argument with his girlfriend and she locked herself in a closet. he supposedly preceded to plead with her, gave up wrote a suicide note and stabbed himself in the chest. However the wounds arnt consistent with self inflicted stabbing wounds and the his name was misspelled "elliot" instead of "elliott" on the suicide note. the girlfriend was never brought up on charges. the smoking gun has the whole officialdeath report if your interested.

so ya i guess knowing that would mean im a fan. i can see why some people dont like him, like i assume they understand why i dont like korn, anything that mentions being "up in the VIP," or blink 182. to each his own. meh...

15. Jack McCoy

Jack McCoy Member

[​IMG]

25 years today.
    The fucking man.