Making Break Dancing an Olympic Sport is a Never Forgive Action.

Mercer

7 hours ago, LUGR said:

I have never tried, but I have always wanted to be able to do a windmill. Some days I think to myself that I could probably do it but know deep down that I would severely injure myself if I tried.

The more I have thought about this today, I bet windmills are not as fun to do as they look.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I remember trying when I was a kid, but windmills are a lot harder to learn than they look. I could never afford the Alfonzo Ribera video. 

That vid would have been a game changer. I would doing the centipede everywhere I go!

"...you don't know rachael's story"

I guess I do now but the olympics are about results at the highest level and It seems like she just embarassed the whole "sport"

I dont really know how this can be in the olympics anymore than Skateboarding but it feels way more awkward to watch and not really the place to whip out some "avant garde" interpretation of things. 

I dont know shit about Breaking outside of it being in graff videos here and there but i'd be surprised if they bring it back.

they should start every event with random people from the countries competing, doing the events. Pull demographics from each country and take people of the average height/weight of the region. 

I'd do 400 Meter hurdles in 5.55 minutes and knock over 11 of the 10 hurdles.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 2

I watched a little of the break dance (like five mins worth)  and couldn't watch it any more.  I do not break dance and do not know anything about it but I appreciate all types of dance and having some basic understanding of dance from early years from friends and outside enfluences.   

From what I saw and keep seeing the entire Olympic discipline shouldn't even be an Olympic sport.   It is a disgrace to not only dance but amd entire disrespect towards break dance as a whole. 

With that being said, from a spectator to if I were a judge everything would have received 

the sound byte 

as a score from me. 

Whoever this b-womp womp is woman is, she is not only a disgrace to break, but a text book disgrace to humanity. 

My opinion may come off strong, but it's the truth. 

@LUGR didn't you post something about the Olympic federation is cancelling breal dancing as a future dicipline in the Olympics?  After her performance and what I witnessed in the first 5 mins, rightfully so.

14 minutes ago, diggity said:

I dont really know how this can be in the olympics anymore than Skateboarding

For the past 20years the Olympic Federation has been loosing audience, people as a whole where just loosing touch with the televised side of it.   So to capture a younger audience they had to start introducing new sports like Skateboarding, surfing, and BMX to capture a new audience.  

The majority of the states would watch the opening ceremony and that was about it.  Sponsor's were slowly pulling ads and such.

I do like some of the new sports, like surfing since it has more to do with what nature will produce as in you can't manipulate a wave for the most part keeping the foundation natural and honest and pure judgement is scored by riding but most importantly knowing how to read set, swells and approaching waves to know what to catch at the right moment. 

Skateboarding, I kinda feel that should have been a sport in the olympics long ago, same as surfing.

What's next, big jump motocross?

• Like 1

yeah Fuck that bitch!

so many B-girls in australia had it rammed home that regardless of their talent connections to people will always count more.

either that or

I am not gonna profess to know much about breaking but unless every woman in australia had one foot removed she couldnt be the best.

Unfucking forgivable.

The smug gurning on her face and the  way she carried herself.

To see somebody come out and not try is just embarrassing.

And then Anna Meares going on about the patriarchy as an excuse is bullshit.

Fuck Anna Meares and fuck the AOC

IMG_7646.thumb.jpg.4ccb867b4fc2d86b808a1b8cb3397765.jpg

I like the olympics a bit especially the marathon.

The way the crowd all built up to cheer and run with the Bhutan runner who was coming last was awesome. Because they knew she was trying.

IMG_7693.jpg

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 2

4 hours ago, ndv said:

I watched a little of the break dance (like five mins worth)  and couldn't watch it any more.  I do not break dance and do not know anything about it but I appreciate all types of dance and having some basic understanding of dance from early years from friends and outside enfluences.   

From what I saw and keep seeing the entire Olympic discipline shouldn't even be an Olympic sport.   It is a disgrace to not only dance but amd entire disrespect towards break dance as a whole. 

With that being said, from a spectator to if I were a judge everything would have received 

the sound byte 

as a score from me. 

Whoever this b-womp womp is woman is, she is not only a disgrace to break, but a text book disgrace to humanity. 

My opinion may come off strong, but it's the truth. 

@LUGR didn't you post something about the Olympic federation is cancelling breal dancing as a future dicipline in the Olympics?  After her performance and what I witnessed in the first 5 mins, rightfully so.

Yeah, it’s not on the LA games, they are doing flag foot ball instead 😂.

I watched the other ladies dance and I thought they were good. Watched the French, American and JP ladies. The thing is, break dancing is not really relatable to your average person like other sports. Like winning the race, scoring the goal, jumping the furthest etc. It’s not clear who is scoring well or winning because people don’t get it and there are no real relatable international figures that even the older generations know. Like Tony Hawk Tuah for skateboarding, everybody knows who that dude is.

In conclusion,

That's not even breaking.

That's all fairy flying.

I call that fairy flying.

is the only breakdancing I want to see until I learn how to windmill.

Breakdancing and beatboxing need to team up and go have a festival/competition together in Europe.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

yeah Fuck that bitch!so many B-girls in australia had it rammed home that regardless of their talent and fuck the AOC

I

Like I always be saying….

8=====D ~o ~o ~o ~o ~o AOC

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

you know who is the real victim in all this?

(Apart from the billions watching on TV and the fellow competitors)

this guy from Sydney.

he going to get so badly capped.

IMG_7712 2.jpg

bruv, Raygun reps all elements of hiphawp

2 hours ago, T4M* said:

InShot_20240811_230035823.gif

That 16 year old Sissy (French girl) who she is up against seemed legit in the battle I saw against Lojizzstyx (American). Do you have her dance from that battle with Raygun? Just wondering how bad Raygun got smoked.

IMO she spent way too much time laid out on the floor rolling around instead of doing acrobatic style moves. Maybe she is not capable of doing those moves? Probably not. Sucks it went down like that for her on that type of global stage and hopefully she can turn it into a positive and not let it ruin her passion for break dancing in practice or lecture form.

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

I remember trying when I was a kid, but windmills are a lot harder to learn than they look. I could never afford the Alfonzo Ribera video. 

I used to try all the time for a solid year with all the Philippino homies sophomore year high school. The windmill never happened 😒. Very not easy. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

5 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I used to try all the time for a solid year with all the Philippino homies sophomore year high school. The windmill never happened 😒. Very not easy. 

But they look so easy!

You could make a thread like your sandwich thread and see which one of us will take the crown or break a hip first.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

14 hours ago, Mercer said:

Rumor is they're putting graffiti in the next olympics. Might want to start going to art school now to get ready.

no need. by that time someone will have developed an AI to make the piece and use one of those mural printers.

Is pickle ball in the olympics? it seems a natural fit.

Edited by diggity
  • Truth 2