Advice needed: tweakers stole my fucking shirt

Sorry this happened to you Jefe!

I don't know if I'm more upset that they jacked your shirt or the fact that now I'm going to be wearing the same shirt that some tweaker somewhere is wearing. 

• LOL! 4

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
13 hours ago, CALIgula said:

Sorry this happened to you Jefe!

I don't know if I'm more upset that they jacked your shirt or the fact that now I'm going to be wearing the same shirt that some tweaker somewhere is wearing. 

It's okay, the import thing is that you made this about yourself ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 9

You could always go for a nice relaxing early morning bicycle ride to reflect on this loss, with no electronic devices on you of course. Then maybe if the mood is right place a home made improvised "spicy" device on the front door to blow it off the hinges, police would probably victim blame them if they showed up. Either way they'd probably have to move out.

Follow me for more advice on how to catch serious felonies. 

• Truth 2
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 3

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

You could always go for a nice relaxing early morning bicycle ride to reflect on this loss, with no electronic devices on you of course. Then maybe if the mood is right place a home made improvised "spicy" device on the front door to blow it off the hinges, police would probably victim blame them if they showed up. Either way they'd probably have to move out.

Follow me for more advice on how to catch serious felonies. 

You forgot the most important part…

*be sure to record it all for the gram

• Like 1
  • Snitch 1

On 6/30/2024 at 10:34 PM, Mercer said:

To be clear, never take you phone with you if you like doing wrong right.

As the last person to get a smart phone I kind of feel like at this point people 'should' know how to block their phone's signal such that they can bring it with them for use in an emergency.

4 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

As the last person to get a smart phone I kind of feel like at this point people 'should' know how to block their phone's signal such that they can bring it with them for use in an emergency.

Turning your phone off, or turning on airplane mode isn't 100% reliable. I always suggest people leave their phones at home, or buy a good faraday bag. 

• Truth 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Turning your phone off, or turning on airplane mode isn't 100% reliable. I always suggest people leave their phones at home, or buy a good faraday bag. 

can I wrap phone in tinfoil?!

• Truth 1

I just turn my phone on silent. Guess I’ll go buy some Reynolds extra heavy duty tinfoil and some lube. Probably going to leave it on vibrate from now on though.

• LOL! 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Pro tip tho- the real criminals smuggle their phone in their anus.

On vibrate of course.

You wouldn't want a random phone call to give up your location if you're on the run and hiding out from police.

When I'm on a mission like that, I love it when you call me. Big Papa.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

On 6/30/2024 at 10:34 PM, Mercer said:

To be clear, never take you phone with you if you like doing wrong right.

Is the location data on phones involved in run of the mill criminal prosecution now a days? 

Like would a standard warrant built on say a "controlled buy" be enough for johnny law to take your phone data and learn your movements over the past moth or year?

1 hour ago, morton said:

Is the location data on phones involved in run of the mill criminal prosecution now a days? 

Like would a standard warrant built on say a "controlled buy" be enough for johnny law to take your phone data and learn your movements over the past moth or year?

It's possible, especially if 'run of the mill' is a felony.  I try to view these situations from a legal sense, and will reference things like Coupe's podcast with the lawyer (think it was 2 installments), the STFU lawyers on IG, and other legal resources I've read up on.  For your own protection, a better way to view it is, what advantage is it to you to carry around an electronic journal of your criminal activities, a full documentary of evidence against you?  Dates, times, maps, gps, photos, messages, calls.  People get very upset about the idea of Big Brother storing your data, why are you doing it though?  Speaking mainly of criminal activity here. 

Everyone here is innocent tho.

• Like 1
  • Truth 3

Posted (edited)

What OMB said amd to add to that.  You can always turn off your phone for extra piece of mind before you place it in a Faraday bag.   Because like Mercer mentioned, you shouldn't take any identifiable devices with you when committing crimes.

If you're truly concerned with cell phone tracking.  You can always get Graphene OS which will allow you to set security option kill switches for wifi, Bluetooth, cams, speakers, and so forth, but it is still highly advised by criminal organizations to never bring a cell with you or use a Faraday cage all the time.

But to answer your question,  yes amd no, depends on the crime and/or how involved you are.  Are you a shot caller or just a street dealer?   If LE gets the warrants then they can see where the street level goes to re-supply, then if need be LE can get a warrant to see where the supplier gets his supplies. 

Edited by ndv

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, morton said:

The fact is, legal or not, your phone's data is recorded by law enforcement without warrants. Your provider either freely shares said info with them without the need for warrants, or LE agencies have technological back doors to pick up data in real time and store said data indefinitely until they have something they'd like to know.

For example, if you used explosives to remove a door from it's hinges and scare off some criminals/squatters, there's a 99% chance they'll review all phone data in the area to see who was around at the time as a starting point to their investigation. During riots, or things like flash mobs on shoplifting sprees law enforcement will take camera footage, and reverse engineer identifying people via phone location and other data. Because of the ability to reverse engineer the investigation, law enforcement doesn't even have to divulge how they found out it was you in court, they can make shit up.

A smartphone is essentially a tracking device, and no matter how technologically savvy you are or even if you used a "dumb" flip phone with near zero features, they can track your location using data stored in cell towers & provider networks to almost pinpoint your location. Many law enforcement agencies have "stingers" set up illegally, to ping cell phones, and trick the phone into communicating through it so they can ease drop on conversations, and text messages.

I have a group of friends here that do spicy activities, that want all phones left in the car no smart watches, etc. before discussing business. Anyone higher up in the private sector/industry etc. also follows this procedure because it's assumed your phone is always tracking, and listening to you and has been since around 2008 when smartphones became commonplace.

If you're familiar with Department of Defense requirements for defense contractors, and active duty with even low level security clearance the same procedures are required, and often times you're required to have meetings where sensitive information is discussed in a "skiff" that is essentially a faraday cage room with no unfiltered wires entering/exiting it.

Infosec is serious business. This is why I always keep faraday bags in my cars, just incase. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2
  • Truth 3

Posted (edited)

I wrote an app like that to fool my old employer, but it only spoofs the phone’s GPS itself and the people you share your location with. Anyone can download Xcode, copy paste GPS spoofing code into it, and set the latitude longitude to spoof an iPhone in about 10 minutes.

Nice if you share locations and want to cheat on the wife, or pretend you’re at work for your employer or something like I did when I was a service technician. With that said, the record still remains on carrier networks as to what towers you were closest to, and at what time and so on. Law enforcement doesn’t really have access to the gps data you’re able to spoof unless you’re sharing your location with them or they’ve installed a profile on your iPhone with your permission.

Funny story, when caller ID spoofing first came out I had beef with my dispatcher who would always send me to the armpit of Brooklyn at the end of the day, knowing it would make my commute home a living hell.

One day he hit me up at around 2:30 to tell me there was any emergency call that came in for a fire alarm system. I was like fuck that, and just went home, then I got a phone call from my actual manager. He told me that they called the customer where I was supposed to be working and the customer told them I had already left. I said that’s not true, I’m still here and can’t get to that emergency call today, I am in the basement still tracing out phone wires right now, and my dispatcher was harassing me by making up bullshit “emergencies at the end of every day to fuck with me”

My boss didn’t believe me, but he had access to the records of where I was supposed to be working, They knew what phone numbers the fire alarm system used to dial out so I told him hey I’m gonna call you from the fire alarm panel to prove to you. This was before iPhones were a thing, but I used a caller ID spoofing website online to make it appear I was calling my boss from the phone numbers that the panel used, and so my boss apologized to me and wrote up the dispatcher for harassment. After that I got to work Manhattan and take rooftop shots non-stop for a while, which most of Manhattan was a lot closer to home for me like 20 minutes commute. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

* Buys Faraday bag on Amazon to kill signal and commit spicy actions…

..only to end up the prime suspect because of the traceable internet transaction of buying a Faraday bag the day before said spicy action. 

Just leave the phone at home.  

Nah, still say a Faraday bag is the best route. I mean think about it for a second. There's so many faraday bags sold, and legitimate uses it's not cost effective for law enforcement to look at all the faraday bag sales on Amazon, and then reverse investigate what everyone who bought one has done with said faraday bags, especially since they can't track you for said dirt.

Meanwhile, if you have one ready to go you won't have to go all the way home, leave your phone there, and then go back. I've been buying them for years and still haven't been raided. Also you can trust that when the phone is off, it's really off. Turning a phone off isn't always 100% reliable. Also, in a pinch, you'll still have your phone and all your contacts/data on you just incase it's worth it. You never know when you'll want to post a selfie robbing a bank or something. 

• Truth 1