The SUPER SAMMICH competition thread.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I’ll go first cause I’m already on it. Today we have the breakfast blt club. Griddled Tuscany bread. Homemade garlic Parmesan aioli. Heirloom tmt and baby crisp lettuce. Smoked beef bacon (pre packaged not cut and made from some brisket on my smoker (fuckin OMB) ). Cooper sharp cheddar. Two medium eggs. 

IMG_5306.thumb.jpeg.2a08ddb1d336d122546eed6f149501a3.jpegIMG_5296.thumb.jpeg.5448c8fcd00f5822ec367b194f0bd6b2.jpegIMG_5294.thumb.jpeg.275c2f2bf64b369f14ebfe9e3769818a.jpegIMG_5295.thumb.jpeg.7a0fba0aa22d43905b9f9837f28c229c.jpegIMG_5298.thumb.jpeg.4f457659b476531d35c55de7dc4d8c04.jpegIMG_5302.thumb.jpeg.7f4f16a0ef6d7fe1d911a9e0abe0720f.jpegIMG_5303.thumb.jpeg.f75a2b40682e2e0d6aeeb6bf99a69760.jpegIMG_5304.thumb.jpeg.3f4cfd9654e3c3d31f8b2fe4fc379466.jpeg

IMG_5300.jpeg

• Props 7

55 minutes ago, LUGR said:

That looks really good man, I would eat that for sure.

My only critique is that one of the eggs looks slightly over cooked for my tastes.

Good catch. Indeed one of the eggs went overboard. Points lost lol. Tell you what though I don’t love too much run. Just a little. But one was definitely over the line. 

• Truth 1

25a.jpg.38b067be21dd4c5f62312f949be625e1.jpg

That sandwich does look fuego can't lie.. I'm definitely gonna be fucking around with something on my next couple days off coming up.. gotta really think of something if mofos out here making aioli from scratch and shit

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

22 minutes ago, Tails0nE said:

25a.jpg.38b067be21dd4c5f62312f949be625e1.jpg

That sandwich does look fuego can't lie.. I'm definitely gonna be fucking around with something on my next couple days off coming up.. gotta really think of something if mofos out here making aioli from scratch and shit

I had the Trader Joe’s garlic aioli on deck too but decided to flex because omb was talkin crazy about using pre brined corned beef. Least we can do is come up with a sauce. 

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

I am in a competition; but have a couple of sandwich ideas for spring, one is a shrimp roll sandwich prepared in a similar manner to the famous Maine lobster roll, another is the ubiquitous Chesapeake Bay style soft shell crab sandwich and the third sandwich on my mind has been on my mind since I was a young man, the bifana from Portugal. All of these options require some research and provisioning, if and when I make it happen I will try to post a recipe and photo here..

• Like 2
  • Props 1

16 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

No contenders yet aye??

To be honest dude you've set the bar so high I'm not sure I can compete.

I can't even imagine a sandwich that would look that good.

have always though kimchi could go well on a sarnie but beyond chicken I can't see what else would be on it. And I feel Kimchi and fried korean style chicken is a cop out.

10 hours ago, LUGR said:

Anything slapped between 2 pieces of bread should count imo.

I am sure the sandwich purists will disagree though.

Suck my self righteous balls, you. Burgers are definitely not sammich territory I don’t think but who ever decided that?? I guess someone did down the line. I reckon a patty melt would work but classically burgers for some reason fall in their own lane. Idrgaf though somebody better make something and post about it lolol. 

3 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Suck my self righteous balls, you. Burgers are definitely not sammich territory I don’t think but who ever decided that?? I guess someone did down the line. I reckon a patty melt would work but classically burgers for some reason fall in their own lane. Idrgaf though somebody better make something and post about it lolol. 

Burgers by definition are and always have been sandwiches. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

I feel a late 2000’s classic DAO battle finna take off🤣 . Not even gon hold you dawg, burgers are burgers but fuckin obviously by definition of what goes between bread or doesn’t it they fit the bill of said “sammich.” However. My “RI Food Fights” tickets come in the mail tmrw for month of may and guess what’s on deck…..? Fuckin BURGERS….Cause that’s what they are. Yall have no idea wtf I’m talking about but the food fights thing is where a bunch of restaurants or sammich places get together and sign up to participate in a monthly competition usually like 30 spots and you buy the packet with little ticket stubs on it of all the locations. They are basically free coupons of whatever sandwich is on deck. Last month was GRINDERS(sandwiches). Now it’s burgers. Understand ?? Lolol. You fucks wanna make burgers go ahead. Don’t threaten me with a good time. 

• Like 1

Btw the food fights ticket thing is actually pretty sick. I think it’s 40 bucks and you get 30 some odd free joints out of the deal. Even if you don’t make it to all the places which is actually pretty hard, a lot of those things are 15 bucks a pop so it pays for itself hella quick. 

• Like 3