The Rebirth of 12ozProphet

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, ndv said:

@misteraven just a random thought.  I am sure you proabaly have entertained the idea.

Any chances offering 12oz email accounts?  This is something I'd definitely would pay for yearly if that's what itay take. 

Sell me on why I should pay for a 12oz email account.

2 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Sell me on why I should pay for a 12oz email account.

I am tired of Gmail and all their paid ads.  And if I am going to pay for an ad free email account, I'd rather see my money go to someone other than a corporation.  

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

1 hour ago, ndv said:

@misteraven just a random thought.  I am sure you proabaly have entertained the idea.

Any chances offering 12oz email accounts?  This is something I'd definitely would pay for yearly if that's what itay take. 

Sorry, just saw this. Think you ousted almost the same time I did. 

Anyhow, never considered this lately. In the earliest days of 12oz, literally 2000 or so, I actually did have an idea that would most resemble gmail. I think that was before Gmail existed, but the idea was to have a 12oz webmail that was also a sort of built in inbox that would also aggregate various feeds. So you could sign up and get email, but when signing up, you could pick from various subscriptions that was sort of pulling from a blog or news feed and the individual posts would show up in your inbox. If you clicked to read, you’d see that page. Something like the unified inbox that Blackberries had later, except content mixed between email messages in chronological order. 

Anyhow, I’ll keep it in mind. 

• Like 1

Does anybody else feel like uploading pics is painfully slow since the recent update?

*edit

Mainly when updating multiple pics. Not as noticeable on single pics.

Example: In my bench thread I usually upload 20ish pics at a time. It is much slower than it used to be. Have to sit there running my finger up and down the screen to keep it from going to sleep and killing the upload for a long time compared to before. Uploading in same location as usual and on WiFi.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

I've noticed uploading pics is a little slower, although some still randomly seem to load at regular speed.

Can I mention the post merge again?

How about gifs?  Tried to post some and they would not embed, just showed the address.

Best part about changes and updates is seeing all the rando people pop out of the woodwork.

Oontz Oontz Oontz Oontz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

I've noticed uploading pics is a little slower, although some still randomly seem to load at regular speed.

Can I mention the post merge again?

How about gifs?  Tried to post some and they would not embed, just showed the address.

Best part about changes and updates is seeing all the rando people pop out of the woodwork.

Oontz Oontz Oontz Oontz

EC9235AB-DB31-4E5D-B443-FBF7E62EE87F.gif

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Your kind of girl.

Let me try again:

https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/2915765/screenshots/11329501/funny_pizza_vs_pineapple_-_chapter_final.gif

Nope.

Don't know if that shows for others but @misteravenall I see is still the gif address.

oh this isn’t because of gifs it’s because you’re leeching instead of uploading the image. I disabled leeching images / videos. There were an inordinate amount of broken links again after import. Some are from before but many are newly broken. To avoid hollow posts that are full of broken images, I got rid of image leeching. You just need to pull off the image and post that instead of a link to it. 

Also, the system is re-indexing millions of posts. Last I looked, it was at 30-something perfect and looked like it would take at least a week. Until that’s done, it will consume a lot of resources and likewise, the caching system needs to re-cache popular content. 

All in all when the dust settles, this should be faster. Upgrade alone should help that but likewise, there’s probably a lot of little fine tuning needed. Again, rather not waste time on this version of the forum since next month will be a major upgrade. Let’s revisit after that. 

9 hours ago, LUGR said:

Does anybody else feel like uploading pics is painfully slow since the recent update?

*edit

Mainly when updating multiple pics. Not as noticeable on single pics.

Example: In my bench thread I usually upload 20ish pics at a time. It is much slower than it used to be. Have to sit there running my finger up and down the screen to keep it from going to sleep and killing the upload for a long time compared to before. Uploading in same location as usual and on WiFi.

read my last post re-indexing and caching. Until that completes, it’s likely affecting other functions. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

You gotta download then add. 

I'm glad for this change. Browsing 20 year-old threads with broken links and missing images is such a bummer, when I'm 60 and browsing I'll be able to see this.

People need to update their photobucket accounts.

So I have to download to upload is what you're saying?

• Truth 2

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Yes, download then upload. That’s is how I have been doing it this entire time. I thought that’s how the internet worked.

DE11DEF7-7226-4D2F-9ED1-DF8D3A77DD0A.gif

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/2915765/screenshots/11329501/media/411eb6273571eba75bd9e7f49fe14ad8.gif

@misteravenI'm doing it wrong?  Dragged over from the website and saw it appear as the gif for a moment before it showed just the address

Yes, it's interpreting it as a URL, not a file. You need to upload teh actual file, not link to it.

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Rarely have I done it like that.  I usually just copy/past the gif address, or drag/drop it into the Oontz.

Yeah, this is how it used to be. Its convenient, but as @Fist 666 said, it sucks to browse topics with missing images. This prevents that entirely and finally puts it all under our umbrella so what you see will always be there.

• Truth 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 10:12 AM, One Man Banned said:

I have like 7 Photobucket accounts that i’m forever locked out of. I lost so many old flicks in those. I tried to get Photobucket to reset them but they won’t. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

5 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

I have like 7 Photobucket accounts that i’m forever locked out of. I lost so many old flicks in those. I tried to get Photobucket to reset them but they won’t. 

Remember when they said digital was the future and all your photos uploaded to the internet were gonna be forever?  🤣
Bullshit!!! Even the pics on your phones aren't forever, because they keep changing the technology every year and eventually you won't even have a functioning charger for your old phones. And if you have a iphone, they remotely destroy them when Apple deems it time for you to shell out for a new one. Even Instagram and the "Cloud" will eventually go the way of Photobucket. Print the photos you really care about, kiddos! Otherwise they'll all be gone within a few years.  💯

• Truth 2

11 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

Remember when they said digital was the future and all your photos uploaded to the internet were gonna be forever?  🤣
Bullshit!!! Even the pics on your phones aren't forever, because they keep changing the technology every year and eventually you won't even have a functioning charger for your old phones. And if you have a iphone, they remotely destroy them when Apple deems it time for you to shell out for a new one. Even Instagram and the "Cloud" will eventually go the way of Photobucket. Print the photos you really care about, kiddos! Otherwise they'll all be gone within a few years.  💯

B0D1608B-2484-46C1-AE3F-B663AA007308.jpeg

• LOL! 3

Been listening to All in the Bag podcast a bit recently (ignore the Keith Sweat I was doing my thug thizzle last night - everyone slept good at my house ya feel me) anyway there have been several episodes where 12oz has been mentioned and then its like "is that still a thing".

People love the regional aspect of the graf content etc. Reminiscing over heads funking on here etc  Talk of how the content motivated them etc I have listened to like 3-4 episodes and it has been mentioned in almost every one to my surprise. 

Is the thought here to stay rooted in 12oz primary and historic reason - graffiti and culture, focus the expansion on other areas, or remain as is just revive and improve?

I think the intended user base and overall emphasized content dictates to a degree how to grow the forum. 

That said I came here for Brickslayers and its still something I dig - trying to be more active there. The graffiti sections for the most part have been so fucking dead. 

IMG_5253.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

That said I came here for Brickslayers and its still something I dig - trying to be more active there. The graffiti sections for the most part have been so fucking dead. 

Definitely something I need to be better at encouraging and supporting as well. It'll build... Still a lot of people out there taking photos and benching. Just need to get more of them on here instead of wasting energy posting on Instagram just for them to get buried.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, misteraven said:

Definitely something I need to be better at encouraging and supporting as well. It'll build... Still a lot of people out there taking photos and benching. Just need to get more of them on here instead of wasting energy posting on Instagram just for them to get buried.

That’s a good way to describe graffiti content on IG. There is soooooo much posted and it def feels like it gets buried and the pics are tiny.

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Word - that was my hopes.

I will try and make a more consistent effort to support other areas of the forum. 

Take some more flicks when you can.

Merge both nutz 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 5:56 PM, ndv said:

There was a time when I was seriously looking into this, but probably won't happen. There's just too many companies doing it reasonable well (Gmail, Proton, etc). I don't think I can ever turn it into anything that would cover its own costs and it would just be a drain on time and money. Wish I could, but as far as communication, I think the wiser move is to potentially focus on a great messenger system that is built on the forum framework.

• Like 1