Tool Drip Thread

Mercer

Yeah I want to make the investment but for real I'm just not ready. I could potentially be looking at $2000 to replace 3 nail guns. Fucking yikes. Doing away with the compressor and "tangle free" hoses would be a game changer.

That price tag, though

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I hate when conglomerate companies buy up good products. Bullshit is coming.

I am researching this very something.  Having issues with a laser marking compound that is the best on the market as well as the first product developed.  My practices are the same as the first time I discovered how to lase the stuff with pinnacle results. 

Past couple jobs with are very recent I have noticed the end results are not fusing to the material.  As if I completely do not know what I am doing anymore, or the marking compound formula has changed. 

But I have never changed anything,  laser was sent out last November to be recharged as I thought it was about that time, but the service company told me I am firing at 55watts on a 60 watt rating which isn't bad and sounds about right.

So right now, they only thing I can thing of, is perhaps it's the formula.  The marking compound company was bought out by another company near the of 2022, started noticing the issues in 2023.

• Truth 1

8 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

First time meme generator user, here. 

8bcv1c.jpg

You have probably never even used a Ryobi. Always just going with the hot trendy tool, worried about your image on the job site, worried everybody will laugh at you.

I can work all day with a Ryobi then go catch dinner with a Ryobi….that’s the good life…..the Ryobi life.

• LOL! 4

@SMdoubleXL you might be on to something. Women should start picking men based on their collection of tools.

Yellow red or blue, the larger the collection, the more stable the potential mate.

Probably not into hard drugs.

Instantly ready to step into a father role.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 2

21 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@SMdoubleXL 

Definitely this.  If he has tools, chances are he doesn't do drugs.  Or if he doesn't have tools he may not have the credentials to survive under extreme circumstances.  

No tools, no dice!

• Props 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@SMdoubleXL you might be on to something. Women should start picking men based on their collection of tools.

Yellow red or blue, the larger the collection, the more stable the potential mate.

Instantly ready to step into a father role.

What about us green goblins?

FDBA4AF1-512D-4A6C-8804-912A3A528BF7.gif

• LOL! 1

Just now, fat ralphy said:

I have a mix of Bosch and DeWalt - my best Bosch is my dishwasher.  No lie. 

I was kinda thinking about it earlier.  Wonder of someone compared all the tools to tools to brands. Who has the best drill, who has the best skilsaw and so forth. 

Tool drip may look like they are all over the place but in fact they discovered the best of the best.  Diversified their portfolio.   I think this would be the guy who would be well put together all around according to Mr.Yuck's analogy for women looking for the right mate. 

I’m slowly learning tools. 

this is what I know -

Dremels are made to do nails 

At the grow we had all colors laying around 

my girlfriend only buys pink shit. Her dad has also painted her ladders n other things pink. 

Here at home I’ve learned that if I ask for a task that requires a tool with a battery-and it doesn’t happen in a fair window of time, all I have to do is turn on said tool and the minute he hears it all of a sudden the task gets completed. Haha. Mostly yellow tools here but they were free and for small projects   Not re doing our home n shit ha. 

Edited by SMdoubleXL
Pink
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

37 minutes ago, ndv said:

I was kinda thinking about it earlier.  Wonder of someone compared all the tools to tools to brands. Who has the best drill, who has the best skilsaw and so forth. 

Tool drip may look like they are all over the place but in fact they discovered the best of the best.  Diversified their portfolio.   I think this would be the guy who would be well put together all around according to Mr.Yuck's analogy for women looking for the right mate. 

This is exactly why I say I'm loyal to my batteries, not to a brand. Dewalts multitool is vastly superior to Milwaukees, but I'm not going to lug around multiple chargers and multiple battery brands so that I can have the best of the best, regardless.

If I used my tools in a shop setting, then I'd probably Opt in to multiple brands. As I work out of a van--no dice.

• Props 1

3 hours ago, LUGR said:

What about us green goblins?

FDBA4AF1-512D-4A6C-8804-912A3A528BF7.gif

That's a tough call. The green goblin falls into 2 categories.

1.) A person that doesn't need to use the tool every single day making the price tag on other brands unrealistic for their needs.

2.) This fool is about to run off with the deposit money.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

That's a tough call. The green goblin falls into 2 categories.

1.) A person that doesn't need to use the tool every single day making the price tag on other brands unrealistic for their needs.

2.) This fool is about to run off with the deposit money.

could be a little bit of both?

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

i have one cordless ryobi, but i'm thinking it must've been a groundscore(finders keepers)...b/c i have no charger for it:1704582590112395088659159602258.thumb.jpg.daa04e5a08bec1e4811f80b868d4ae57.jpg

Wow! Pre-green goblin Ryobi!

very frickin cool!

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

18 minutes ago, LUGR said:

could be a little bit of both?

Never. 

There is one more exception that I forgot to mention. 

3.) You are on a job and you forgot your palm sander at home. It's cheaper to go to the local home Depot or what ever and buy a ryobi palm sander than to lose time and productivity driving all the way home to grab the tool you already own. Now the Ryobi palm sander just sits on your work bench collecting dust for the past 3 or 4 years.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...