The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

2 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

@LUGR to be honest not too sure.. part of me wants it to marinade a bit more, part of me is anxious and really wants to try it already lol I just came back from the store and got some lemon juice so I might possibly fuck around after closing the bar tonight just to see what's going on.. it'll be late, but with my #sleepproblemz I'm sure I'll be wide awake by the time I make it home..

Also just checked on it, it's now more so frozen as fuck lol so I'm gonna let it sit in the fridge for the day, take it out when I get home and strain it through a couple coffee filters to catch the poppy seeds and what not..

Looking forward to your report.

Why did you freeze it? Does that not prevent the flavors from fusing together?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@LUGR i froze it mainly because buddy said he used liquid nitrogen to infuse the flavors.. I guess there's something with the extreme cold pulling more flavors out than just letting it sit and do it's thing normally so I figured, "hmm.. not buying that shit.. my freezer is cold tho.. 🤷🏽‍♂️" i guess he had everything strain through all the ingridients like 5 or 6 times over the course of a few hours so im sure me letting it sit isnt the same thing.. didn't expect all the water from the tomatoes and what not to freeze over but hey, trial and error..

Now letting it sit in the fridge I'm sure it'll do it's thing by the time I get home tonight.. definitely coming out alot more janky than I thought to be honest lol but it's for science and for teh 00ntz so fuck it..

• Like 1

@LUGR i froze it mainly because buddy said he used liquid nitrogen to infuse the flavors.. I guess there's something with the extreme cold pulling more flavors out than just letting it sit and do it's thing normally so I figured, "hmm.. not buying that shit.. my freezer is cold tho.. 🤷🏽‍♂️" i guess he had everything strain through all the ingridients like 5 or 6 times over the course of a few hours so im sure me letting it sit isnt the same thing.. didn't expect all the water from the tomatoes and what not to freeze over but hey, trial and error..

Now letting it sit in the fridge I'm sure it'll do it's thing by the time I get home tonight.. definitely coming out alot more janky than I thought to be honest lol but it's for science and for teh 00ntz so fuck it..

Hmmmmm, I would have gone the opposite direction and let it sit at room temp so the glizzies could properly ferment.

• Like 1

@LUGR see I thought that at first but then I was worried about it being room temp there being a possibility of bacteria growing on it/molding eventually.. at least the freezer/fridge would keep it within that "safe zone" to prevent any bacteria growing and ruining everything while still allowing everything to soak properly..

• Truth 1

@LUGR see I thought that at first but then I was worried about it being room temp there being a possibility of bacteria growing on it/molding eventually.. at least the freezer/fridge would keep it within that "safe zone" to prevent any bacteria growing and ruining everything while still allowing everything to soak properly..

Good point, you probably don’t want to fuck around and catch botulism.

• Truth 1

@Tails0nEthe 1st infusion was drawing all the glizzy ingredients through the whiskey to infuse their flavors.  The 2nd infusion is nitro to chill it, but they claim the nitro also brings out notes of the glizzy and associated ingredients.  Since you're not using nitro better to just leave it in the fridge and not freeze/thaw it.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

@Tails0nEthe 1st infusion was drawing all the glizzy ingredients through the whiskey to infuse their flavors.  The 2nd infusion is nitro to chill it, but they claim the nitro also brings out notes of the glizzy and associated ingredients.  Since you're not using nitro better to just leave it in the fridge and not freeze/thaw it.

Yeah something about the extreme cold from the nitro brings out alot of flavor for some reason.. I don't have nearly any of the resources let alone patience to deal with all that tho lol so I figured meh freezer would work best I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️ talking with the chef at work he said with it freezing the way it did once it thaws there would be more flavor coming through cause of some molecules breaking down or something...? Idk.. but speaking of which..

20240514_002225.thumb.jpg.562c15d8c95cfb538debe11f48ff8059.jpg

Letting it strain as we speak..

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 3

@tailsone idfk about this hot dog water drink but your video was sick lolol. If anything I thought the Chicago dog drink would look more like one of those extravagant bloody Mary’s with little Vienna sausages and veggies pouring out on a long skewer type deal. Curious to see the finished product. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

@tailsone idfk about this hot dog water drink but your video was sick lolol. If anything I thought the Chicago dog drink would look more like one of those extravagant bloody Mary’s with little Vienna sausages and veggies pouring out on a long skewer type deal. Curious to see the finished product. 

I was hoping for the Vienna glizzy being used as a straw.

54DCAA17-3FC6-4578-A34B-A7D8A51EFAE5.jpeg

6ECDCC54-BD65-442D-AB28-2A162A82BECF.webp

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

You def got a bad ass voice @Tails0nE and thanks for taking the time to put that together. Hopefully something comes up in the future and you feel inspired to make some more videos to share. Highly entertaining.

• Like 1

Much appreciated everyone.. twas a fun yet disgusting experiment to say the least.. I'm glad it was just as entertaining for yall as it was for me to make and drink this wild ass cocktail.. ironically enough it really didn't take much to throw these videos together.. who knows "fuck around and find out" might return for a second season 🤷🏽‍♂️

Also shout out Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass for the sick background music..

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

Much appreciated everyone.. twas a fun yet disgusting experiment to say the least.. I'm glad it was just as entertaining for yall as it was for me to make and drink this wild ass cocktail.. ironically enough it really didn't take much to throw these videos together.. who knows "fuck around and find out" might return for a second season 🤷🏽‍♂️

Also shout out Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass for the sick background music..

Did you tell anyone IRL you did this? Small talk at the bar maybe…?

@LUGR actually yeah I talked about it with my coworkers and they all had a similar reaction, intrigued yet grossed out lol the other bartenders were curious how it would work out then a lil disgusted when i talked about the process.. the one chef was getting real in depth with me about it and how to make it better.. I showed my one homie the video and he had some friends at the bar who were curious and intrigued about it so we talked about it for a bit..

Overall everyone who wasn't a bartender was completely disgusted, the rest were intrigued and curious just not as grossed out.. chef tho on the other hand was super down to fuck around and find out lol

• Like 4
  • LOL! 2