The best perfumes

dorrismillerrr123

On 3/22/2021 at 9:26 AM, ndv said:

Y'all layer?  If so or not, try 1 part (spray) D&G Velvet Patchouli and 1 part TF Tobacco Vanille.

I used to layer, but haven't in a while amd thought I'd try the above recipe which jogged my memory on a few I habeny layer in a while and will need to refresh my memory so I can post.  

Anyhow, curious to know if anyone else layer's their scents?

Holy fuck, I'm late to the party. I'll have to scroll through the posts again later. I layer, yes. Since I've been working from home, I freshen up with whatever I'm in the mood.

I feel if you've worn one frag enough to fully appreciate its evolution, then you can breakaway and start layering/experimenting throughout the day.

Unless you meant layering in one go. I feel with what I currently own in my fragrance wardrobe, it would be a medley of death or an Axe incarnate hahaha.

Edited by swif1
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

@morton

@swif1

@ndv

@glorydays

sup fellas? Anything new?

I got some stuff done for the brand I'm trying to start.

Joining UACTP gave me a FUCK TON, veritable and valid fuck ton of connections in commercial and industry branding

It's fun...It's kept me busy

I'm planning on moving at the end of august...I'm gonna be heading to Redondo Beach to keep me near my jiu jitsu coach

• Props 1

I got a sample pack of Caron for my birthday and ended up buying a full size of la 3d Homme de Carron EDP, about to finish another bottle of Nicolai Patchouli Intense and will need to re stock which is going to be like my third or fourth of that one.

I have a bunch of smaller atomizers that I should pay more attention to but am always drawn toward the full size bottle when it comes time to spray. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I need something new. It's so weird, all of a sudden, my daily driver is starting to smell like it's base note is Play-Doh.

Not Sure what's going on with that.  Leave it in your vehicle ?

May wanna try this Dries Van Noten... $280.00 3.4oz

image.png.9e4e8ee931dfb9bf7a4dc7843e52f6ee.png

• LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@ndvnot sure. I'm betting it's something only I notice. Like that one weird noise in the background of a song that once you pick up on it, that's all you hear.

Here.  Try this.  Use Daily 3 times a day for 7 Weeks around your neck.   For best results, just douse your body from head to toe once a day for 1.5 weeks.  

Nothing will happen, but stop using it after the 1.5 or 3 weeks so you will stop smelling like your inner self and go back to using your daily driver and go back to smelling like Play-Doh again. 

image.png.494ac9bf3de8b1815a1ac8d2278e6418.png

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are my new panty droppers. 

1. NISHANE - Nefs

2. Initio - Oud for Greatness 

3. NISHANE - Hundred Silent Ways

4. The Harmonist - Guiding Water

5. Vilhelm Perfumerie - Morning Chess

The Nishane brand is pretty steep but their ingredients and methods are pretty impressive and last throughout the day well into the night. 

So my guy at Neimans hooked me up with a blend for layering.   Guiding Water by itself is pretty interesting scent. It has watermelon in it.  Hundred Silent Ways isinteresting in its own right,  but if wall layer these 2 together it's an insane scent.  If y'all get the time to get some samples of both, take em you'll like em.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just picked up these 2

Both are great in my opinion, you can smell the watermelon but not the forefront of the Guiding Water.  The other one Hypnotizing Fire is a very interesting and mysterious scent.  It smells kinda smokey but on a level where it's pleasant which why I describe the scent part mysterious.

Screenshot_20230617_123927.jpg

Screenshot_20230617_123946.jpg

• Props 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good picks @ndv

I just tossed all of my bottles in the trash. Time to start over. 

what do the rest of y'all motherfuckers smell like right now? 

still digging that Italian leather by memo Paris might pick up that and also might pick up a bottle of Gaultier 2. That's my all time favorite shit and I'm gonna have to drop some bucks on it since it's discontinued.

• Props 2

52 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Good picks @ndv

I just tossed all of my bottles in the trash. Time to start over. 

what do the rest of y'all motherfuckers smell like right now? 

What do you mean tossed/start over

Wearing Italian leather today

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ndv said:

What do you mean tossed/start over

Wearing Italian leather today

I ended up running low on a few scents that just weren't hittin on shit. They were all almost empty. There was some David Beckham scent. I'm not sure where it came from but it smells like a magazine page. Prada black. Not loving that anymore. And Versace eau fraiche. Kinda boring. 

Just been rocking deo for the past several months.

• Props 1

8 minutes ago, swif1 said:

Right here, hoe. Nah, I've been mad busy with life and work lately. Just moved to a new apartment and shit's looking like Plato's Closet atm lmao.

My ninja. I hear that shit. Plato's closet is good. At least they have shit people want. I was looking at my selection of shit and it's all good will. It's all best ass work clothes. 😭