The best perfumes

dorrismillerrr123

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I rotate between that Express Honor, and Estee Lauder Pleasures for Men.  I want to get some Armani Code because my brother had some and I liked the way it smelled.

Gotta get on that fresh train. I had Express Honor! It was a blind buy and longevity was nonexistent on my skin. Armani Code is a nice one as I had that one too. Enjoyed wearing it on a night out. Hit up fragrantica.com if you've never heard of it!

42 minutes ago, ndv said:

You have s nice collection there.    I hear a lot of good things about the Rouge 540.  Need to check it.

Thank you! Definitely grab a vial of it. For me, it gives off a warm and inviting vibe; great in an intimate setting. I admit, I was initially put off by how sweet it was. I wonder if my nose was off that day because it doesn't smell sweet to me anymore. Between the two, I like the perfume extract better because: almond. Subtle difference, but I like it. Since we're on the topic of MFK, I just learned LVMH got a majority stake in the brand. If it isn't obvious, I'm a MFK groupie. I got to meet him when he was in town promoting Aqua Vitae and got my Oud and Aqua Vitae (small bottle that has no more juice) bottles signed. Impulsively grabbed a bottle of scented air bubbles for him to sign too lol. So dumb but hilarious when I look back at it. Wish I wasn't so cringey when I briefly spoke to him but whatever.

And the Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady is one I hear is another smooth criminal.  

I have a vial of Portait of a Lady and Carnal Flower. Portrait of a Lady is definitely a popular one.

Jo Malone has some nice ones. Always wanted to try Kilian but there's so many I want to try, I just close the tab. Then again, I guess you can say the same with MFK. Van Cleef & Arpel Orchidee Vanille I like during the cooler months and Hermes Terre d'Hermes. I have to smell it again because I don't remember smelling any citrus; just a fucking blast of spice and wood re: Terre d'Hermes.

Edited by swif1
  • Props 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Let us know what your lady friends say @mr.yuck

curious if they like the scents without knowing the brands

To be honest, Im not really feeling that gucci guilty oud. Im not sure if I blew my nose out with that prada. I'll check again tomorrow but so far the cheap bottle is out performing the expensive bottle.

To borrow from deion sanders; if you look (smell) good, you feel good. You feel good, you play good.

Ive been wifed up for quite a while now so its irrelevant to me what another woman thinks. However, I think scent is part of an entire package. I trend towards sweet, floral, sometimes almost candy like unisex fragrances. I think it balances out my overtly masculine personailty. Fashion wise Im almost always in stiff jeans, solid t, ball cap and nikes, a rough ass beard that needs a trim and a big ass pistol on my hip that looks like a hair dryer. But then I tone that down with feminine/womens accessories. Right now Im rocking some pink leopard print cateye sunglasses and have some womens costume jewelry I rock out from time to time. 

Back when I was single and hittin the bars hard, I let this kid rock some of my cologne. I heard some girl laughing at him and told him he smelled like a girl. I came up and introduced myself and she didnt have any of that dumb shit to say about me. 

But I will put it all to the test. Ill get fresh for my wifes friends and see what they like. Lol

• Truth 1

On 11/4/2020 at 10:27 PM, mr.yuck said:

the cheap bottle is out performing the expensive bottle.

I have/had designer perfumes with better longevity than niche brands. Personally, I like to layer throughout the day even if I'm at home.

@ndvThat Acqua di Parma is straight fire, bro. God DAMN.

Edited by swif1
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

On 11/6/2020 at 8:25 PM, swif1 said:

I have/had designer perfumes with better longevity than niche brands. Personally, I like to layer throughout the day even if I'm at home.

@ndvThat Acqua di Parma is straight fire, bro. God DAMN.

Bro, I told you.  I have been through two bottles already.  It's a gemtelmesn cologne.  Not sure if you have noticed yet, but women have a tendency to take a deep inhale as if it's forced when passing by or around you.

Edited by ndv
  • LOL! 1

@swif1 how did you like the smell after the end of the day?  Its settles down very nice throughout the day changing every so slightly. 

On 11/5/2020 at 3:30 PM, mr.yuck said:

To borrow from deion sanders; if you look (smell) good, you feel good. You feel good, you play good.

Ive been wifed up for quite a while now so its irrelevant to me what another woman thinks. However, I think scent is part of an entire package. I trend towards sweet, floral, sometimes almost candy like unisex fragrances. I think it balances out my overtly masculine personailty. Fashion wise Im almost always in stiff jeans, solid t, ball cap and nikes, a rough ass beard that needs a trim and a big ass pistol on my hip that looks like a hair dryer. But then I tone that down with feminine/womens accessories. Right now Im rocking some pink leopard print cateye sunglasses and have some womens costume jewelry I rock out from time to time. 

Back when I was single and hittin the bars hard, I let this kid rock some of my cologne. I heard some girl laughing at him and told him he smelled like a girl. I came up and introduced myself and she didnt have any of that dumb shit to say about me. 

But I will put it all to the test. Ill get fresh for my wifes friends and see what they like. Lol

Dm me, I will send some Aqua di Parma Quercia your way.  From what I gather in your post, you may like this stuff a lot. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 4:23 PM, ndv said:

@swif1 how did you like the smell after the end of the day?  Its settles down very nice throughout the day changing every so slightly. 

Drydown has musk and spice with a hint of cream. Impressive longevity. I plan to wear it again when I'm back from holiday.

And I agree this is a classier scent; one you'd wear to formal events or to complement your suit. 

• Truth 1