Legal Weed Up North

Kults

As some of you most likely know, Canada legalized weed a few weeks back.

After 2 weeks the stores are out of stock and closed down. A+ roll out like most things government related. More interestingly, some friends braved the hour long line ups to pick some up and let me know the price scheme. 10$+ a gram alll the way up or much more depending on what strain you get. Oz for $280?! You'd have to be put of your mind or pissing money to spend that much imo. I pay $80 an oz now, admittedly that's super cheap and it took me years of copping to work my way up the chain, now I just buy it off the the guy who grows it directly. Still though, blk mkt around here is 150$ an OZ for really strong stuff. Are there that many suckers out there that the Gov. can move 280$ ounces and run out of stock in 2 weeks?!

I have noticed plenty of people who were not smokers all of a sudden took it up now that its legal and 'easily' available, whats up with that? It was always semi legal here, what kept them from smoking before? Maybe it could be the novelty of it, time will tell. I still think its weird. If they made smack legal tomorrow I wouldn't line up for a hit. What do you guys think? How is weed treated where you live, still semi legal or maybe even catch a case if you're caught with too much? Now we're hoping to be the Amsterdam of NA. Let's see how that goes.

https://www.canadahightours.com/montreal

I thought this was funny, the logo they chose for the Quebec Cannabis Club looks like an asshole

153996047336256828_454794978326633_5687736889860161536_n.png

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Damn, thats tore looks like a GNC or whatever other sports nutrition store. Clearly looking to target that middle upper class demographic and likely people that aren't typical weed heads. Assuming they're half a step from punch cards where your 11th ounce is free or maybe you get a gift back of chips and cookies or something.

Can't speak to weed here or elsewhere as I don't smoke. Nothing against an adult making the choice to partake, just way too far into my own head to smoke something that puts me further into it. I end up in a closed loop that makes me want to jump off a bridge.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

In Washington State they legalized recreational sales and use a few years ago, after a few months the supply chain and point of sale stuff got worked out and by a year in I do not think anyone was buying on the black market for personal use. I do not smoke the devil's lettuce but will always have a soft spot in my heart for it, that said smelling clouds and seeing all the packaging littered about does get a bit annoying. If I understand correctly the California law is better in that they allow individual recreational growing and are going back and expunging felony convictions for cannabis.

Texas, they decriminalized in Houston.

The catch is that its only for under an Oz I think. Maybe 2

First time offenders only

Houston is so sprawling and the decrim is only "harris" country which is just the centralized area of town.

Driving to many of my friends places not too far out is out of legal zone.

The "small town" cops of the suburbs just outside of this WILL fuck you for a bag. 

That being said, HPD inside the beltway, espec inside the 610 loop are pretty cool about weed because they are super understaffed and have a lot more serious shit to handle.

Got caught with a doobie in my mouth driving to get a Sunday car wash and the guy told me to go home. No ticket no nothing.

Worst part was I pulled up to the light and this man walking his dog started walking up to my car and yelling "hes smoking weed!!!2!"

As soon as light turned green I gunned it only for a cop to pull out of parking lot in time to see frantic man and me burning rubber LOL

FUCK.

This was 2 years ago best believe I haven't smoked and driven since... rookie move, 

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

When it comes ot Canada I've always preferred the hash.

As for the weeds in general, all this decrim/legal stuff will hopefully push people into the grow your own category.  Fairly easy to do and potentially safer.

Like most things it’s easy to do but it’s hard to do it right. I’ve given it a go a few years back and it’s alot

more work than it looks. Talking like a room full not just one or two plants though. Constant attention and it’s easy for it all to go wrong at the 11th hour potentially leading to a huge loss of time and effort.

7 hours ago, Kults said:

Like most things it’s easy to do but it’s hard to do it right. I’ve given it a go a few years back and it’s alot

more work than it looks. Talking like a room full not just one or two plants though. Constant attention and it’s easy for it all to go wrong at the 11th hour potentially leading to a huge loss of time and effort.

Some truth to that.  But, the flipside is you're dealing with a plant that pretty much does grow like a weed and can flourish outdoors with very little intervention by man if you do that right.    There's been plenty of discussion on other threads from people who enjoy growing fruits/vegetables and even plants, this is just one more extension of that.

• Truth 2

2 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Some truth to that.  But, the flipside is you're dealing with a plant that pretty much does grow like a weed and can flourish outdoors with very little intervention by man if you do that right.    There's been plenty of discussion on other threads from people who enjoy growing fruits/vegetables and even plants, this is just one more extension of that.

Ya thats a whole other ballgame agreed. Outdoor you just plant em' and mainly forget em until its time to harvest. Hydro can be a disaster. Ive had to deal with bugs, too much moisture, too much or not enough chems, too much or not enough water/light. Gotta prune em constantly too to get a bigger yield. Its a whole process for not much money given how cheap weed is these days.