Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
18 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

I agree with the “Capitalism ftw for now.” Which is not a way i’ve always felt. I dont think accepting the fundamental views as unchangeable is an absolute though, i think it’s a copout for poor behavior. Klan members have hung up their robes, pacifists have turned violent and vice versa, ect..

I personally wasn’t always the biggest fan of Capitalism. Educating myself and thinking about it for years on end changed my view. I will also fully credit @misteravenand @Mercerfor having a hand in that to some degree.

I think there’s always room for modification. I think most, if not all, isms have their pros and cons. I used to have a “yolo” nihilist outlook on the world, and used it as an excuse for bad behavior. While i still may be a nihilist in my belief that in the end it means nothing, i no longer use that as an excuse. It may mean nothing in the end “for me”, but it can still effect those left behind, and still has meaning while i’m here. 

Sure nothing is perfect, the sober person might slip and use again, the pacifist acts violent.. but in the big picture, it is possible to change your view and behavior. 

Humans are flawed. The human condition is flawed. Few things are perfect, especially things developed and sustained by humans. Capitalism has some issues, but so far it comes closest to perfect compared to the others, if the goal is personal independence and freedom. The price you pay for that freedom and independence is personal responsibility and accountability. You have to step up. 

Interesting part is that a lot of people really just want to be taken care of  and will forfeit freedom and independence for handouts. Easier to claw out an existence with handouts and complain all day then step up and blaze your own trail. We’re being conditioned for that reality. Covid was an awesome case study for it. 

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/amp/article/money/will-florida-end-additional-unemployment-benefits/77-190c01c7-a289-4b73-b901-a6c6c84e69df

51C1D733-97BD-4C78-9CBB-6FA80F6E2C4D.png

• Like 1
  • Props 2

100% against handouts.

Saw a story the other day where some gangster fucks in NY defrauded millions.  They were on camera taking cash out of ATM's using multiple govt issued debit cards meant for people needing help.

The oversight on this was fucking insane and fuck everyone that supported it from the bottom of my heart.

Can't find it now but the stupid fucks got busted because they were posting pictures on social media holding huge stacks of cash on their shoulders.

I say tie a cinder block to these guys and drop them about a mile off shore to see how good of a swimmer they are.