Mercer

8 hours ago, Kults said:

but dont you dare drink out of plastic straw youll kill us all!

We went to the hippy store called Sprouts here the other day.... it's VERY hippy, all organic shit, all the hippy deoderants that make you smell like B.O. but cost $20/stick, etc.  All employees are hippies.  So anyway, they only have recycled paper bags.... when we rang up our icecream, the cash register girl asked me if I wanted a bag.  I said, "No.... wait, yes I'll take one if it's made out of straws."  She just started laughing and said "that's terrible."  My gf said that what I said wasn't funny but I asked her why that girl was laughing then.  It wasn't fake laughing, she thought that shit was funny.

Seriously, make me some bags out of straws, plastic straws.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

Whilst I agree with the KSA and Iraq angle, this isn't true for Afghanistan. There was a clear and obvious link.

That’s where they trained/schemed and all but let’s be honest, had little to do with actual Afghan citizens 

We found him at a country club a mile from a Pakistani military base. There are more people/countries complicit than just the Saudis too

22 minutes ago, Kults said:

That’s where they trained/schemed and all but let’s be honest, had little to do with actual Afghan citizens 

We found him at a country club a mile from a Pakistani military base. There are more people/countries complicit than just the Saudis too

Agree 100%

But you can say that for the citizens that get caught up in almost every conflict, though. AQ were in Astan and the Taliban refused to hand them over. Does that mean the whole country should have been invaded and that the US should still be there? Not necessarily. But Astan was definitely connected to 9/11 and it was impossible to not go in there to take AQ out.

Agree that there are other countries, most notably Pakistan that have a lot to answer for - the US has never really seen the ISI or much of the Pak military as honest partners. I'm just not sure what 8 countries have been bombed due to 9/11. I can think of AfPak, Iraq and Yemen. That's 4, not sure what others there are, though.

• Truth 1

42 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

this isn't true for Afghanistan. There was a clear and obvious link.

Nobody associated with Afghanistan's  government, or the Taliban funded, officially sanctioned, had advanced knowledge of, or provided the manpower for 911, (unlike the Saudi's).

Secondly, what are the 8 countries that were a response to 9/11?

100% public knowledge, we've dropped bombs in, used flying robots to kill, and in some cases even invaded the following countries with ground troops:

1. Afghanistan
  2. Algeria
  3. Iraq
  4. Syria
  5. Yemen
  6. Pakistan
  7. Libya
  8. Somalia

In addition, It is highly probable (but not officially acknowledged) we've violated the sovereignty of several other Mid East / North African countries pursuing the "war on terror" in the following countries:

1. Iran
  2. Oman
  3. Sudan

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

@Mercersure, the Taliban probably didn't even have any prior notice that it was going to happen. But they refused to hand him over or let the US govt know where he was (which they were well aware of). What as the US govt supposed to to, shug, walk away and wait for another attack? Again, I'm not saying that 9/11 justified the over-throw of the Taliban, that is definitely up for debate. But the US had little choice but to go in after AQ.

Regards your list, I don't say that it didn't happen, but could you show where the US attacked Algeria, Syria, Somalia and Libya as a response to 9/11? I recall hits against al Shabbab in Somalia but not sure it was as a respose to 9/11. And that's where things might get a bit ambiguous. Whilst groups like al Shabbab may not have been related to 9/11 in any way other than declaring [whatever that arabic word is] with AQ, they would likely have come under the banner of the War on Terror, which was an outcome of 9/11 and so on brand for US foreign and security policy over-reach (a la war on drugs).

Also in regards to violating soverignty - every country does that every day all of the time in terms of spying, espionage, carriage of weapons/tools in diplomatic pouches, etc. etc. It's a stretch to only target the US for that in response to 9/11.

Edited by Hua Guofang

30 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

@Mercersure, the Taliban probably didn't even have any prior notice that it was going to happen. But they refused to hand him over or let the US govt know where he was (which they were well aware of). What as the US govt supposed to to, shug, walk away and wait for another attack? Again, I'm not saying that 9/11 justified the over-throw of the Taliban, that is definitely up for debate. But the US had little choice but to go in after AQ.

For sure, invading to eliminate the threat would be ideal. 18 year war, and hundreds of thousands of dead bodies later in other places,

Regards your list, I don't say that it didn't happen, but could you show where the US attacked Algeria, Syria, Somalia and Libya as a response to 9/11? I recall hits against al Shabbab in Somalia but not sure it was as a respose to 9/11. And that's where things might get a bit ambiguous. Whilst groups like al Shabbab may not have been related to 9/11 in any way other than declaring [whatever that arabic word is] with AQ, they would likely have come under the banner of the War on Terror, which was an outcome of 9/11 and so on brand for US foreign and security policy over-reach (a la war on drugs).

I'd say much of the military actions, and involvement on the periphery would be non-existent if Islamic extremism wasn't on the radar.

Also in regards to violating soverignty - every country does that every day all of the time in terms of spying, espionage, carriage of weapons/tools in diplomatic pouches, etc. etc. It's a stretch to only target the US for that in response to 9/11.

There's a difference between espionage, and government officials sending flying robots into another country to assassinate people. If anyone ever did that to the U.S. god help them, they would be obliterated.