Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Russia is absolutely influential. Putin isn't stupid, they have a massive land mass, they're a nuclear power and they're ambitious.

They just aren't quite as overt as they used to be, despite being a proud and overt culture.

Losing the first cold war will do that to you, so they're being smarter about how they're playing the current cold war.

Honestly, you could likely argue that they're in a better position than the USA since they took their knocks and got back up on their feet. We haven't had our knocks yet, but appears to be coming and with the way its looking might come close to a TKO. They've learned to not be dependent on anyone else. Meanwhile the USA is beholden to any number of parties once you start digging into whats happening just beyond the spotlight.

Just my layman's take on the situation.

21 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Russia is absolutely influential. Putin isn't stupid, they have a massive land mass, they're a nuclear power and they're ambitious.

They just aren't quite as overt as they used to be, despite being a proud and overt culture.

Losing the first cold war will do that to you, so they're being smarter about how they're playing the current cold war.

Honestly, you could likely argue that they're in a better position than the USA since they took their knocks and got back up on their feet. We haven't had our knocks yet, but appears to be coming and with the way its looking might come close to a TKO. They've learned to not be dependent on anyone else. Meanwhile the USA is beholden to any number of parties once you start digging into whats happening just beyond the spotlight.

Just my layman's take on the situation.

I think there is a lot of truth to this, but I'd say that the US is still streaks ahead of all others.

I think America's greatest weaknesses are internal (politics, society, etc.) and the best bet for the US to remain on top is to focus on itself and its strength in core values. Not to say that it should be isolationist, that's impossible in today's world for any country. But to re-evaluate where the nation is, where it wants to go and what is really important to its people in terms of values and interests.

• Truth 1