Guest Resurrection

Oh, and I'm on my third X-Box. Both times it crashed was because of the save game file on GRAW. I was going to get Halo 3 but now that Theo says he's gotten the RROD, I dunno man, I just dunno. I think I got the 2-year warranty at Best Buy, but it might have only been a 1-year warranty and I don't want to chance it. If I get that ring I'm fucking fucked man, all my saved games and achievements go out the window. I guess there's a transfer device, maybe I should get a back-up HD or something. Plus, I bought the Oblivion expansion and that would be lost, too, so I dunno.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
So can we please take a poll of how many people on here have gotten 360s and had them fail?

Because to me it seems as though there hasn't been 1 person on here, save for Theo who hasn't had 1 fuck up on them

i got a 360 about a year ago. it got the red ring three months ago.

the wifey got insurance on it when she bought it from best buys, so all we did was return it and got a free one on the spot.

after having the xbox fuck up i got a lil paranoid about playing it because i didnt wanna have it fuck up again. since i got the new one i have only played it a maximum of 7 times.

two nights ago some friends and i were drinkin an we decided to play forza2, soon as i turn on the xbox it has the red ring again.

shit sucks

Yeah, I have had mine for about 8 months and no RROD.

I just treat it real nice, got it on the vertical and... wait a sec, I bought the cheap one with the wired controllers etc, got myself a hdd. I doubt it has any effect but could there be a corrolation between the RROD and the expensive one? I dunno.

Halo 3 after bioshock.

Never finished GOW, just found it so boring and annoying.

GOW is all about hosting the matches.

If your the host, you tend to be able to down people a lot easier. I wish they would have chosen to use dedicated servers instead of individuals being able to host.

I ended up getting the $400 xbox360 with the harddrive, wireless controller and COD 2.

still no red rings.

Yes if your HDTV supports HDMI inputs. Still, I've heard from many that there's not a whole lot of noticeable difference between HDMI video and component video. Both a component and HDMI on the 360 will display up to 1080p. Whereas with the PS3, you can only display 1080p if you're using HDMI, and a component will display up to 1080i -- I know that's the case for Blu-Ray movies, but I'm only assuming that's the case for PS3 games. I have my PS3 connected with HDMI, and yet my component-connected 360 has better graphics. That probably has more to do with hardware issues that software companies are having with the PS3 (PS3 graphics tend to be slightly more jagged on third-party games that are also released on the 360). The PS3 definitely sounds better than my 360, compared to just standard L/R stereo audio connections.

Getting an Elite is only worth it if you're getting your first XBox 360. If you already have an XBox 360, and want a bigger hard drive, just buy a 120gig hard drive (that's what I did). Unless you're filthy rich and don't know what to do with your money, then go ahead and spend another $600 on an Elite just for HDMI. If you want digital sound, you can always use fiber-optic cables with a non-elite 360. Gives you sound equivalent to an HDMI cable.

Personally I think the Elite is a gimmick. It would've been good if they included an internal HD-DVD player.

i got a 360 about a year ago. it got the red ring three months ago.

the wifey got insurance on it when she bought it from best buys, so all we did was return it and got a free one on the spot.

after having the xbox fuck up i got a lil paranoid about playing it because i didnt wanna have it fuck up again. since i got the new one i have only played it a maximum of 7 times.

two nights ago some friends and i were drinkin an we decided to play forza2, soon as i turn on the xbox it has the red ring again.

shit sucks

Hope you didn't forget to get a new warranty from Best Buy, because after you return yours the warranty becomes invalid and you have to get a new one. Unless you got that for free, also, in which case you'd be lucky because I had to pay for a new warranty both times I returned the dead 360s.

Oh, and I'm on my third X-Box. Both times it crashed was because of the save game file on GRAW. I was going to get Halo 3 but now that Theo says he's gotten the RROD, I dunno man, I just dunno. I think I got the 2-year warranty at Best Buy, but it might have only been a 1-year warranty and I don't want to chance it. If I get that ring I'm fucking fucked man, all my saved games and achievements go out the window. I guess there's a transfer device, maybe I should get a back-up HD or something. Plus, I bought the Oblivion expansion and that would be lost, too, so I dunno.

my friend has gone through 3 360's and he did not lose any of his saved data on the HD, he still has

all his acheivements, saved games, and downloads, one strange thing that i ahve noticed though

is if you put your HD on a new 360 not the original one it came on, it doesnt want to recognize that you

paid for your live arcade games unless you are signed in to live. which is slightly annoying but whenever i use

my 360 am usually signed in, so no big deal

and that intercooler thing voids your warranty and fries the xbox cuz it feeds off the xboxs power supply

instead of using its own, therefore makin the box work harder and eventually burn out

at least thats what i heard......

yea... how bout that halo 3 and skate! woo...

Anyone who paid more than sticker price for Halo3 off Craigslist or whatever is a moron, because they had a whole drawer full of the game at Gamestop yesterday.

There are some nerdy idiots out there, thinking these games are rare like gold. I was at Circuit City on Friday, and saw like 20 Halo 3 games sitting on the shelf.

my friend has gone through 3 360's and he did not lose any of his saved data on the HD, he still has

all his acheivements, saved games, and downloads, one strange thing that i ahve noticed though

is if you put your HD on a new 360 not the original one it came on, it doesnt want to recognize that you

paid for your live arcade games unless you are signed in to live. which is slightly annoying but whenever i use

my 360 am usually signed in, so no big deal

and that intercooler thing voids your warranty and fries the xbox cuz it feeds off the xboxs power supply

instead of using its own, therefore makin the box work harder and eventually burn out

at least thats what i heard......

yea... how bout that halo 3 and skate! woo...

Well, both times my 360 died I brought it into Best Buy and they took the HD with it and just gave me a new one with a new HD. I don't use the intercooler one, I use something else, and it doesn't void the warranty because it does not require one to open the 360. It just plugs into the USB jack and rests underneath the 360. I don't see how that could possibly void the warranty, and even if it does I don't see how they could prove that I even used it. Plus, the USB jacks are there for a reason and I am sure that providing a small amount of power to fuel one fan will not over-work the 360. I've been using it for over a year now and it's been fine *crosses fingers*.