Guest Resurrection

Soooo I made a lil video and posted it on a couple playstation groups on fb to try and get some answers and keep getting the same shit.. can't post the video here so I'll just ask anyway.. has anybody had or still have wifi connection issues with their ps4? I have a ps4 slim and ever since I've had it there's wifi issues.. it'll say can't connect, I go to test internet, ip address failed to connect.. so every time I turn on my ps4 I have to either restart it a couple times for it to connect, or go to set up internet connection and manually put in all my wifi info again.. once I do that it'll stay stuck on the "checking network environment" screen and keep loading.. after about 5/10 min or so I restart my ps4 and boom it's connected.. but THEN, sometimes it'll randomly lose signal and I'd have to test connection all over again.. from what I've gathered so far is it's a ps4 slim issue and not necessarily my wifi router.. only reason I haven't hardwired it is because the router is in the bedroom and Ive been lazy to buy a 50/100 ft ethernet cord just to string it all along the crib just to connect my shit.. my girls daughter has an og playstation in her room and her connection is fine.. 

Anybody else have this issue with their ps or know some people with the same issue? Any known fixes besides just hardwiring it? 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Tails0nEi was having a similar issue in cold war specifically, went away on its own though. 

i did find one of these when i was troubleshooting, maybe this could help? 

creates another hard wire port without having to run a wire. plug one in the modem and the other in the room with the ps4. haven’t tried it myself but it’s something 

@Dirty_habiTmight have better advice 

CB07B676-20D5-4304-B482-9F18917E9729.jpeg

• Like 1

Many devices can compensate for poor wifi well.  For instance, your phone will survive on the most rat bastard wifi signal it can find.  Your PS4, however, would provide an extremely poor gaming experience if it were to allow a connection that was shoddy onto the network.

My suggestions are:

• make sure your ps4 is fully updated on it's OS version.
  • Use the ps4 to test your connection once you are able to get one and then show us a screenshot of the report here.

Also, online gaming using wifi is only something animals do.

• Like 2

Consider me a filthy animal then lol but besides that yeah my best bet is getting one of those wifi extender things that kults posted.. but honestly I think it miiiiiight just be our service also.. my girl loves bare bones shit we have att and I think the plan she got is like basic 10? It's basically like 10 mbps good for like 2 or 3 devices but when her daughter is here forget about it.. lil girl is on tik tok on her phone, playing fortnite on ps4, playing roblox on her laptop just using all the god damn internet.. I don't even bother playing anything online when she's here I even take my phone of wifi.. but I noticed the other day on youtube the wifi on my computer would just randomly cut out for a quick 10 seconds or whatever then be perfectly fine after that n I was home alone.. coming to think att is shit I might just grab xfinity or something.. any suggestions for solid internet provider..?

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 12:10 PM, Tails0nE said:

Consider me a filthy animal then lol but besides that yeah my best bet is getting one of those wifi extender things that kults posted.. but honestly I think it miiiiiight just be our service also.. my girl loves bare bones shit we have att and I think the plan she got is like basic 10? It's basically like 10 mbps good for like 2 or 3 devices but when her daughter is here forget about it.. lil girl is on tik tok on her phone, playing fortnite on ps4, playing roblox on her laptop just using all the god damn internet.. I don't even bother playing anything online when she's here I even take my phone of wifi.. but I noticed the other day on youtube the wifi on my computer would just randomly cut out for a quick 10 seconds or whatever then be perfectly fine after that n I was home alone.. coming to think att is shit I might just grab xfinity or something.. any suggestions for solid internet provider..?

Honestly it doesnt even need to be that quick for CoD but being constant without losing the signal is the most important bit, something WiFi obviously isnt known to be great for. That little gadget I posted will solve that issue.

6Mbps

For popular first-person shooters such as Halo or Call Of Duty, it is recommended that you have a download speed of at least 6Mbps if you want the best online experience.

Just now, where said:

how do you like the new map @Kults

Still working. Ill jump on tonight though. I loved that map in BO2.

Sit in the middle lane by the trains, around center map, you can rack up insane amount of kills from dudes spawning in and just running forward all willy nilly

Capture.PNG

and if you wanna get really cheeky, once theyve realized what youre doing and they start going around the terminal to flush you out, angle this sight line and mow them down again, use the block as cover and you can peak right in, the curve of the tracks still hides you from their spawn

...great map lol

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

@where Son of a bitch they just stealth nerfed bunny hopping. Took years to fine tune that skill. Guess it created too much of a skill gap, gotta protect the newbs!

I have to rework the muscle memory now -_-

Slide got a buff, at least there's that

https://charlieintel.com/treyarch-secretly-change-black-ops-cold-war-movement-in-feb-4-update/82558/

18 minutes ago, where said:

@Kultsprestige 3 

great work man. that emblem is my favorite. macv sog 

this system is kinda weird, unless you hit prestige 4 in the next 3 weeks the progress resets back to level 1 prestige 3 when season 1 ends 

not sure i like that. i’m thinking they did this so the sbmm juked lobbies don’t look as intimidating with a bunch of master prestiges, kind of a soft reset every season. def better than mw’s seasonal ranks at least 

so, i tried doing the PING thing on my command line with my ip address and everything came back fine.. then yesterday the wifi kept dropping out like every 10 minutes for a couple seconds then hook right back up.. either its the walls in the crib or our service just sucks.. kinda over trying to figure out wtf the issue is im just gonna get that shit kults showed me and look into a different provider eventually.. any recommendations..?

havent played the new COD map yet i started RDR2 again in first person out of boredom and kind of as a test to see how it performs graphically compared to CyberDump.. me and my cuz were having a discussion about it and how the 7 year old hardware argument is inexcusable..

i just downloaded Control again since it was free this month.. last time i played it i think it glitched cause the next part of this one mission i was suppose to do just wouldn't load so meh.. ill give it another shot tho it was pretty straight.. lowkey reminds me of the game that dude was developing in Grandma's Boy just minus the demon from hell and replaced with a redhead.. maybe its just me but theyre pretty similar..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...