Guest Resurrection

3 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Whoa hold on.  One of the things I like about the BF franchise is that it hasn't gone all "modern" and futuristic.  It has attempted to stay period specific.  I consider it more of a "history war game" than just an FPS.  The battles are real battles, the weapons are the same weapons used, and the vehicles are too..... on the maps of the places where the battles actually took place.

That is what makes BF special to me.  I've never liked arcade style FPS shooters until I recently played/beat DOOM Eternal.  Very good game btw..... but it's not going for that stradle the line of realism and fantasy like I think COD tries doing a lot.

My brother bought me one of them for xmas a few years back and after i'd say ~20h of intense giving it a real good honest shot of gameplay I was like fuck this and never picked up another CoD again..... and hadn't messed w/ any of them previous.

The only reason I piped up here is because, to me, the two games aren't even a close comparison for me.  I know a lot of people put CoD on a pedestal as the best FPS game but it just feels washed and cheesy to me, every iteration of it.  I check them out, watch videos, watch my brothers who enjoy them play..... it's just not for me.

Youre absolutely right. That was BF's angle. After taking a bath on their last 2x releases ( WW1 and WW2) they decided to switch things up and make it more arcade-y to compete with CoD and changed the setting to something more current

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I admit it's not nearly as popular of a game.  I mean this forum is a perfect example.  Everyone in the game thread talks CoD because it's what everyone wants to play together.

I like the 45-1h long rounds on BF and the huge games with a ton of players in them.  That's a lot of fun.

I really don't think they can ruin a BF game unless they just totally fuck up the mechanics of the franchise and start trying to do something different.  They can "re-skin" it to whatever new war they want, but I think they have the gameplay spot on in a way that I don't see in other games often or at all.

I tried playing CS:GO the other day and I was like ugggghhhhhhhhh..... it was so hard to get into.  I feel spoiled by modern shit and it makes it hard for me to go through the old stuff I used to like to play because it hasn't all withstood the test of time.

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I wish some fucking white knight dev would start making games that didn't have the "pay to win" and "buy my updates so that beta shit I sold you is actually worth a fuck because I rushed it out the door for a corp deadline" baked right into the core.

It's an immediate turn off to me when I see "buy this _____ booster pack" or "buy these weapon and player skins/models".  It's turned EVERYONE INTO RICERS w/ mommy and daddy's credit cards.  It's also served to make game dev companies extremely greedy when they've latched onto the idea of the continual "service contract" style of selling software.

Wanna go down that rabbit hole? Check out how scummy this is. You know the basics of Score Based MatchMaking right? Heres a recent Acti patent that matches you with shittier players ( making you have better matches where you feel dominant) based on how much you spend on MTXs. The idea here is that you, the better player will entice the weaker players to buy the MTXs youve bought thinking hey if the pro has em i should get them too

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160005270A1/en

• Props 1

who wtf, that's like psychology baked right into gaming.  This should have never happened and it's a direct result of "money people" being involved in gaming.  It's the exact same thing that happened when the internet shifted from being a nerd/info haven into being a sales platform.

• Truth 1

Just now, Dirty_habiT said:

who wtf, that's like psychology baked right into gaming.  This should have never happened and it's a direct result of "money people" being involved in gaming.  It's the exact same thing that happened when the internet shifted from being a nerd/info haven into being a sales platform.

Everyone raged for 5 years about lootboxes and gambling in games. This was their answer/fuck you in response to that

1 minute ago, where said:

yo whats fucked up is its not really that hot imo 

Could just be gunked up. You smoke indoors? That did mine in. There's ways you can open it up to clean it, should help with the jet engine take off sound. Voids the warranty but by now I doubt its still covered

Thats a good match, nice slaying.

You use the CoD app at all? You get a bunch of free double XP tokens, helps with the grind. Free calling cards, tournaments etc, its neat. Has heat maps and a load of stats too

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/call-of-duty-companion-app/id1405837628

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.activision.callofduty.companion&hl=en_CA&gl=US

1 minute ago, where said:

Naw I haven’t used that did the math and figured out of the waking time I’ve spent 4.9% of my time on cod lol

at least this year you can blame the pandemic and not feel as guilty lol

Yeah I already went out of my way with one of the keys I found to a spot where I remember needing it to open a door.  The only thing back there was treasure worth a decent amount, but fuck it, it means i have a better gun upgrade earlier in the game than someone who was lazy and skipped doing that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tails0nE said:

Just downloaded it last night and I'm on the same plan today... 

Don't make the mistake I made by selling the meat you get before the merchant tells you about recipes..... so just save any meat you get.  There are about 2-3 animals in the game that  only appear one time and you'd have to play through again to get their item if you sell it instead of using it on a recipe like I did.

Fantastic game, I'm having a lot of fun on The Mercenaries now trying to get SS ranks.  Also, the hardest difficulty is like.... fucking ridiculous.  The very first enemies in the game are really hard to kill and can kill you pretty easily.  I'm attempting to play through at this difficulty now and it's challenging af.

• Like 1

@Dirty_habiT yeah I like JUST got to the village last night and by then I was so fucking tired I just called it a night.. I played the demo last week and it started off in the same place I left off at so figured I'd pick up from there today but yeah the first couple lycans holy fucking bullet spray.. got no ammo anymore so that's fun lol I seen reviews saying there's alot more combat in this one compared to re7 and I can already tell just by the first what 20 minutes.. looking forward to the rest tho and how the story unfolds..

Also finally upgraded my internet service.. shit took like 40 minutes to download rather than 2 days and I feel so fucking cool now.. warzone runs like butter and I've been debating on downloading apex legends again just for shits and giggles..

• Props 1

27 minutes ago, Tails0nE said:

@Dirty_habiT yeah I like JUST got to the village last night and by then I was so fucking tired I just called it a night.. I played the demo last week and it started off in the same place I left off at so figured I'd pick up from there today but yeah the first couple lycans holy fucking bullet spray.. got no ammo anymore so that's fun lol I seen reviews saying there's alot more combat in this one compared to re7 and I can already tell just by the first what 20 minutes.. looking forward to the rest tho and how the story unfolds..

Also finally upgraded my internet service.. shit took like 40 minutes to download rather than 2 days and I feel so fucking cool now.. warzone runs like butter and I've been debating on downloading apex legends again just for shits and giggles..

I think the AI in the game can be exploited easily by just circle strafing the enemies all squirrely style and stabbing them in the back when you're out of ammo.  I killed several medium difficulty enemies that way without getting hit when I was out of ammo.  Also, YES, you have to be mindful in this game about wasting ammo because you will suffer if you do.  I learned quickly that pipe bombs and mines go a LONG way in fucking shit up when you don't have any bullets left.

5 minutes ago, Kults said:

no way. fuck i need a switch 

Game looks cool, but I don't understand the attraction for it?  Is it like a remake of an older game?

And yes, you should definitely get a switch.  All I play anymore is Switch and PC gaming.... and even then it's mostly Switch.  I turn on the PC for Street Fighter 5, and I turn on the PS4 for Battle Field 5, but other than that all gaming is mostly done on switch.  Nintendo knocked it out of the park.

• Like 1