misteraven

12ozProphet History

5 minutes ago, Kults said:

I’m loving the old pics Raven 

Thanks man, will post more asap...

Again, @psm026needs to chime in here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misteraven said:

LOL, regarding the white forum. Was thinking of doing a white alt to this one, but yeah... Everyone hated it but me.

I liked it 

that chocolate inc cd is nice, i still have a copy of the urban renewal program album floating around somewhere and a copy of MUL crew cassette

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 1:57 PM, misteraven said:

Believe this was the second mailorder catalog we did for Straight from the Bottom, the mailorder side of 12ozProphet. Back in the early and mid 1990s we used to print these catalogs up and travel around the country and parts of Europe hitting up graff and B-Boy jams, meeting kids off the board and handing these things out. In fact, UPS was so expensive back in those days that we frequently just hopped flights to deliver suitcases of magazines in person since it cost about the same as UPS. Shop owners, magazine owners and friends would let us crash on their couch for a few days and we'd usually return home with suitcases of foreign graff mags. Deal was that you could take a backpack with your gear, but the two checked bags were solely for the cases of zines in exchange for a free flight to wherever. Pretty crazy how different all that works now, but we had some really great trips and got to see Battle of the Year several times, as well as meet a ton of great people. Likewise in the USA, the B-Boy summit and Rocksteady Jam were milestone annual events that we all anticipated so we could catch up, put faces to names and strengthen friendships that we'd been forming in the early internet days here on the forum.

straight-from-the-bottom-catalog-front.thumb.png.062aadda7dc078c3904ad387804f03d5.png

\straight-from-the-bottom-catalog-back.thumb.png.ca38a32e66841d0e0053a57eb26181ee.png

back when the german outline was the gods honest truth on cherry red krylon!

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

Will find time to add to this... Got a ton of great photos and a million more stories. 

Again, @psm026needs to jump in and help fill in some gaps. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, misteraven said:

Will find time to add to this... Got a ton of great photos and a million more stories. 

Again, @psm026needs to jump in and help fill in some gaps. 

I really appreciate the pictures and behind the scenes stories and history, its really cool I'm looking forward to more

• Like 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now