12ozProphet History

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just now, misteraven said:

Yeah, might have to look into it once I have a little more momentum and the dust settles.

It's all worth the wait

ever since the forum went into hiatus back around 2012-2013, I was fucking bummed I couldn't get any of the old merch lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glorydays said:

It's all worth the wait

ever since the forum went into hiatus back around 2012-2013, I was fucking bummed I couldn't get any of the old merch lol

I still have some stuff stashed away as part of archive and contests. Hit me up if there's any tees you missed. Might be able to dig some stuff up for you.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Will keep everyone posted. Like I said, I have a huge storage unit in Miami I need to bring up when I have the $5k or so to pay for a truck and gas. Packed to the gills with all kinds of great stuff as far as as the Straight from the Bottom days.

? ? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone on Instagram was asking about some old thread, so I pulled the Lounge section out or archive and restored it. Not sure how many remember, but the Lounge was the original private section for 12oz moderators.

Most of the time it was hidden from view, but when it began, it was visible to all and there were some permissions slip ups later on that made it visible briefly a few times.

Anyhow a lot of the mega threads that got shut down due to excessive arguing and beef weren't actually deleted. They'd get moved to the Lounge so they were no longer accessible since deleting the posts would often cause technical issues and sometimes screw up post counts. Anyhow, thought I'd share a screen grab of the first page of old hidden threads since its like a time warp. Unfortunately a lot of the images are broken, but the text and discussions are all there. Thinking I might restore a few just for fun.

Regardless, here's a screen grab. How many of you remember?

1705873138_ScreenShot2019-07-22at9_22_00PM.thumb.png.c08787d25ea0a1008dd965b41242cade.png

smash or trash got deleted?
the old Melbourne threads were always beef central my friend had some dude threatening to stab him over a piece he said wasn't a burner. sending him PM's etc.

look at that 567 pages in 13 months of which 400 would have been dudes insulting each other ?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

20 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

the old Melbourne threads were always beef central my friend had some dude threatening to stab him over a piece he said wasn't a burner. sending him PM's etc.

look at that 567 pages in 13 months of which 400 would have been dudes insulting each other ?

Don’t make me go and stab you 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

There’s another smash or trash that’s gone strong, but this was the original apparently. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, misteraven said:

That issue was under rated when it dropped and took a good while to pickup momentum. Believe it or not, I got a lot of flack for doing a zine of bombing at a time when the trend was big themed based productions. 

I fkn loved it. It was everything at the time. I was never into the big prods or intricate pieces. 

8 hours ago, Kults said:

vapors-magazine-12ozprophet-graffiti_1_466617891fff2c5144b032e5f50a947a (1).jpg

vapors-magazine-12ozprophet-graffiti_1_466617891fff2c5144b032e5f50a947a.jpg

Hey!  I used to have that same magazine!  I have no idea what happened to all my graffiti magazines.  It was a fuzzy time for me.  I always thought it was funny how Twist had some beat up dress shoes on in that dumpster tagging photo..... until I met Debt in Dallas.  Lol, I think he had shoes like that too, totally not a guy you'd think did graffiti if you didn't know him.

• Props 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure how this slipped passed me but holy hell. Page 1/2 from the bottom with photo documentation is fucking awesome. What year was that misfits header? I feel like i remember it. What ever happened to the video you were maybe going to post up? @misteraven

I read it through and probably knew at one point but it seems like “oontz” has been around a long time that graduated to “oontz.” 😂 Perhaps a fill in on this if there even is one, because i don’t know it 😂