Boston Marathon

Decyferon

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

562440_455669594508970_213279963_n_zpsfbb4ac69.jpg

I don't want to hear about the bombers, they are pieces of shit and deserve to die.

I don't want to hear about how the 'Murican gubment planned this for their own benefit somehow.

I want to hear about the people who risked their own lives to save total strangers.

I want to hear about the people who are worth something, and act like decent people, y'know, the MAJORITY of the people involved.

Media bias in this country is fucked.

That Guardian article raises a lot of valid points. The motive is not known yet, and the word terrorism gets thrown around alot in America these days, but only if the perpetrators are of Muslim origin.

Chris Dorner went around killing innocent people and cops and nobody called him a terrorist, as did countless other gun toting weirdos.

then there is uproar when they try and tighten gun law. america is laughable. 5 people shot dead in seattle yesterday, wonder who'll shoot the shit out of what next week?

tinfoilhath.jpg

It seems that everyone is more upset with the media coverage and hype than anything else.

I have laughed at "The War on Terror" since that phrase was coined. We all know how well teh war on drugs has gone...

Criminals = "Bitch I'll do what I want. If I wanna fingerpaint, I'm gonna fingerprint."

Making things illegal only limits the freedom of the innocent. Criminals are free to do as they please, business as usual for them.

Let's focus on Chechnya like it never existed before, and extremists from there are unheard of.

I have Muslim friends from the Caucasus/Balkan region, and because of some of the stories they've told me I've educated myself a bit about what goes on over there...based on what I know (not much) it's made me wonder why these kids did this. Not in a conspiracy theory sense so much as it doesn't really square with what I've heard or read. I wonder whether this kid will live long enough to tell his side of the story, or if it will ever come out.

Either way, it's a tragedy and I feel for anyone affected by this, directly or otherwise.

I really think he will live long enough. Now whether what gets reported is true or not will be up for debate. They have reported he is at least able to move his head .

If he does die now, I would tend to believe it was from previous injuries as opposed to an air bubble in the vein heart attack. "They" that the conspiracy theorists fear know the theorists exist and the ignorant will glom on to it.

i sure as shit hope this dude doesn't die. i don't believe all the hoax nonsense at all. because

it's ridiculous to claim people were acting out those deaths and injuries. and i know people personally who had family severely injured there. but. i wouldn't be surprised at all to find out(not that we ever actually will) that our own government had a good hand in the whole thing and did in fact perhaps somehow have dude involved...

The problem to me isn't so much whether our govt had something to do with it or not, but more so that there

is a big enough group of people that believe that our government would have something to do with

a bombing of it's own people. Not to say that i don't think the government is capable of doing so, I'm

just thinking, how could a country that believes it's leaders can and do bomb it's own citizens, survive?

When there's that kind of distrust in leadership, it's only a matter of time before the whole thing implodes.

-$0.02

• Like 1

That's a good point, and I don't really know...blaming it on the internet and the media is kind of a pat answer.

Recently I read a article somewhere about how Gerald Ford's presidency was one of the worst things to ever happen to the US. When he pardoned Nixon he more or less wrote a blank check for every subsequent president to get away with as much dirt as they could because they knew they could get away with it. I think that, on the heels of Vietnam and what happened in the US during the sixties, shook a lot of people's faith in the government/establishment...it started to came back during the Reagan administration then Contragate came along and more or less ruined any credibility he had. Bush 1 was the ex-head of the CIA and started an oil war. Clinton was....Clinton. Same with Bush 2, and now we have Obama who is more or less fucked because of partisanship. So yeah, we're definitely on a bad path, but we're on it because the majority dictated that we want to be on it.

how could a country that believes it's leaders can and do bomb it's own citizens, survive?

The country as a whole doesn't genuinely believe that. A fringe group of people that is well in the

minority believe the government is behind every unexpected tragedy that happens in the US.

Things that aren't even tragedies they think are a hoax, like the moon landing.

Don't get me wrong though, doubt is a very useful and important tool to use in the pursuit of truth and knowledge,

but when the evidence and logic is so overwhelmingly going the other direction it's hard not to feel bad for these "truthers".

In this respect they are a lot like creationists that believe the earth is 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs walked with man, when clearly the evidence does not support this.

Congratulations folks! This is what Post-Modernism has brought you; individualized truth -- it's true because I feel it to be true.

Not because it's legitimately and objectively been proven to be true. "I just feel that this is what happened, so therefore, it did."

Truth now comes from sincerity.

(maybe this will be the post that knocks me over the 100k nerd points threshold :) )

• Like 1

aaaaaaaaaaaaagreed ^^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods[/url]

read up, the government is no stranger to planning attacks on its own people, and you're right, it is only a matter of time before it implodes...

But these plans were never realised. Not only that but they were created during a time if intense paranoia, nationalism and when govt organisations had less regulation and oversight on them. The global jihadist era can't even hold a fucking candle to the peak of the Cold War days in terms of fear, scheming and intelligence operations. We live in a MUCH more timid environment these days, people get swept up in it all though because of the internet, the 24 hour media cycle and a severe lack of historical knowledge and perspective.

- $0.02

(Jack Nicholson voice) What's the difference?

It's pretty simple. Let's say there's a bombing...people die, get buried, friends and family mourn, life goes on. Except now you can't take bottled water or toenail clippers on an airplane and there's metal detectors popping up everywhere...and large groups of cops look more and more like an occupying army than the boys in blue you're accustomed to.

Changes like that are conducive to maintaining a certain level of fear to obtain and keep control...I'm pretty sure the government views every large-scale attack as a cloud with a silver lining in this respect.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means....maybe I've just read too much, but in the past decade I've seen patterns play themselves out that I don't entirely feel comfortable with. Most people choose not to see them and call me paranoid...that's fine, I don't return the favor by calling them sheeple, but if you know what to look for it's hard to miss.

• Like 1

It's pretty simple. Let's say there's a bombing...people die, get buried, friends and family mourn, life goes on. Except now you can't take bottled water or toenail clippers on an airplane and there's metal detectors popping up everywhere...and large groups of cops look more and more like an occupying army than the boys in blue you're accustomed to.

Changes like that are conducive to maintaining a certain level of fear to obtain and keep control...I'm pretty sure the government views every large-scale attack as a cloud with a silver lining in this respect.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means....maybe I've just read too much, but in the past decade I've seen patterns play themselves out that I don't entirely feel comfortable with. Most people choose not to see them and call me paranoid...that's fine, I don't return the favor by calling them sheeple, but if you know what to look for it's hard to miss.

Right, you see an ever increasing direction towards what some would call a police state. I liked what you said about maintaining a certain level of fear. Well said. The government and the media have such a good synchronization.

Say what you want about Vice, this article hits on points a lot of people (I hope) felt as they saw things unfold...

http://www.vice.com/read/the-cops-military-toys-arent-just-for-catching-terrorists?utm_source=vicefbus

Although on second thought, there is this deep seeded paranoia that pervades a lot of thoughts in America. You know, that the government is inherently bound for evil, etc... For example, this is the reason why Jason Bourne's target is directed in, towards the government as opposed to James Bond who always fights villains away or outside of the home country. My point is, if you become aware of this paranoia and how it takes shape, it makes things some things sound not so bad, like, so far the increasing policing of America has been done for benevolent purposes.

But most likely, this paranoia is justified and can be witnessed as needed from history.