***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

Kind of shocked to see Humber got the perfect game - Twins had him for a bit from the Mets in the Johan Santana trade. So, that's two PGs in three years for the ChiSox. Impressive for the organization, but I wouldn't go as far as saying Humber is a dominant pitcher (though it looks like he is starting to get it together since joining the south side). It is something that just happens, hence why it is so rare.

Remember Armando Galarraga when he lost the last out of his perfect game two years ago to a bad call by Jim Joyce? Look where he is now. Released by the Orioles.

Back to Twins:

Luke Hughes DFA'd last week - Oakland just claimed him off of waivers today. Good luck to the dude/bloke - he'll be playing among two other Aussies Balfour and some other dude just claimed.

Losing 5-2 to the Rays. I know they're a good team, but Francisco Liriano was on the mound. Looked alright through two innings and then it just came apart. Now Swarzak is on long relief when he started a few days ago in NY, so I guess that means Nick Blackburn is being slotted back into the rotation. Something has to be done about Liriano. I'd be crazy to say we should look into Roy Oswalt, but I wonder if Terry Ryan is checking out that situation. I think he is probably looking at waivers for starting pitchers who were DFA'd without options. We're going to keep dropping games if this goes on.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hits and 4 runs.

Pathetic.

I dont even know what to think right now, ive never seen a squad this hot and cold in recent memory.

Floyd is letting me down too, he had a good outting but overall this year hes been down.

Fucking fuck fuck

Go Sox. hahah 3 wins in a row. big things to talk about in boston. lol...

if the season continues like this, with the Bruins just getting eliminated ill dead sports till football season.

Thats how I feel man, my teams arent even all in the same city and im still like fuck it.

I hope the entire fucking Twins FO gets fired before this season is over. Manager, Coach, pitching coach, hitting coach, all the trainers, everyone. So bad on so many levels.

Edit: Meant to say entire FO and staff. Fuck em all.

The only team in the ALC who has their shit together obviously is the Tigers.

They make moves and the rest of us (Sox/Twins/Indians) do nothing.

KC just gets worse and worse, some idiot sports analyst said that they would make the playoffs this year. All I had to say to that, even before the season started was :lol:

Today's ChiSox loss was the most god awful shit I've seen in forever. Another come from behind

game tying run, then go up 2 in the 14th(4-2), only to have rookie piece-of-shit closer Santiago

blow those 2 hard fought fucking runs and lose the fucking game(5-4).

These fucking experiments at closer need to stop. Last year Thorton was the experiment, and that

was a disaster.

Way to support Konerko on his 400th hr by completely losing in such a unbelievably bush-league

way. 9th inning performance is so hard to deal with. Twice in this game there were bunt calls made

and Morel and AJ didn't lay down the bunts, costing a runner in a squeeze from third in the 8th, and

one going to second in the 13th.

Screaming at the tv is an understatement.

• Like 1

I feel you.

I identify more with being part of the Ravens nation, just because I love the Chi-Sox but theyre nowhere close to me, so I cant go to any games.

Whereas Bmore is just a skip up the road, and in their short history they have been quite a top contender every year in football.

And the Sox other then the 05 season and a few seasons after have been playing dismal beisbol.