Anyone here ever deal with douchebags on ebay?

So in the past week I've gotten two defective pieces of equipment via ebay. First guy was real nice and took it back, but now I'm dealing with this fucking douche that sold me a synthesizer with a knob so loose that it feels like it's going to break off and he won't respond to my messages, so I opened a case with ebay telling them that the product wasn't in "excellent working condition" as he'd described it to be. Wondering how this is going to pan out. Bummer that they can take up to a week to get back to me, too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

over the last month i've dealt w/ a paypal dispute.

i did a buy now, the guy claimed to have never received the order. he didn't respond to email or phone calls, and was super mad at me for not immediately closing the dispute when after two weeks he said he'd refund me. it took another two weeks of his bank recalling two refund checks. finally paypal fronted the refund.

aggravating, but i got my money back... i'd rather have just gotten the product.

over the last month i've dealt w/ a paypal dispute.

i did a buy now, the guy claimed to have never received the order. he didn't respond to email or phone calls, and was super mad at me for not immediately closing the dispute when after two weeks he said he'd refund me. it took another two weeks of his bank recalling two refund checks. finally paypal fronted the refund.

aggravating, but i got my money back... i'd rather have just gotten the product.

at least you got your cash back tho. i dunno what it is with them not responding to messages either. i thought i was jumping the gun by opening a case before he got back to me, but i think 24 hours for an active ebay seller is plenty of time.

As a buyer, all you have to do is return the defective product(you have to pay for return shipping) and you'll get a full refund guaranteed.

I know it seems odd but some people are busy and have shit going on, if there is no reply in a weeks time that's dodgy but you can't expect dude get back to you instantly.

To me it seems a little too picky that you want to return used electronics that work perfectly fine over something as minor as loose knob but that's on you.

Hopefully he does get back to you, I've generally had good experiences buying and selling on eBay.

The few times I've had questions/issues the sellers have got back to me straight away and been really helpful.

I guess it depends on the type of stuff you're buying too, I always check out all the users feedback and general profile stuff before buying anything.

You'll be able to get your money back though if it was a problem the seller knew about. Paypal/eBay are good with making sure people don't get ripped off these days. How was it packaged, could have happened in the post maybe?

It's only been a day, a weekend day at that, and you didn't get reply yet, and everything works except for a loose knob.

You're so mad you reported this to ebay, and made a thread about this on 12oz.

Who's the douche bag in this situation.

It's only been a day, a weekend day at that, and you didn't get reply yet, and everything works except for a loose knob.

You're so mad you reported this to ebay, and made a thread about this on 12oz.

Who's the douche bag in this situation.

i'd say the guy that advertised a broken piece of equipment as "excellent working condition".... but oh i'm sorry is that not a question? you're supposed to put a question mark after it.

i bought a non cruise control throttle cable for my ae86

dude said it was new, the cable was shredded clearly on the throttle body side.

i told him some shit through email, ebay was flakey.

blew this dude up on club4ag and showed pictures (didnt snitch screen names only)

ended up just making my own inner cable out of thicker bicycle brake cable and said fuck it cause i really only needed the actual hardware of the non cruise throttle cable.

im real high i dunno why i just typed all that but, fuck that pussy and id still like to punch him.

I got ripped off by bay, got all my money back

Here's how you win

1) open up dispute with pay pal (they are a lot easier to deal with )

2) email eBay to the effect of "I have opened up a dispute with pay pal, it takes a week or so. In the meantime if you do not expedite my refund, I will spend that week telling everyone on every forum I visit (there's a lot) and in real life that your market is nothing but broken goods and scam sellers, and you guys do nothing to protect your customers and nothing to prevent it. I have been reading of TONS of similar incedents to mine online and making a complilation. This is your only chance"

3) wait like 2 days for them to refund

(you have to give the guy like 3-5 days to respond - I just saw that- he might just be out for the weekend. They consider anything over 5 days delinquent seller)

.i think (the exact same thing as a few others) ..you jumped the gun .. a few days is reasonable for an ebay seller. he's not amazon. even they can take time to respond.

the other side of it is that ebay and paypal always side with the buyer it seems, no matter how picky or crazy or unreasonable or defective they are.

so i dunno why u so mad, surely you'll get your money back. and i wonder if you'll be nice enough to return the synthesizer.

yeah yeah.... i got an apology. no big deal. i'll send it back and get a refund, but i still have a feeling he would've ignored my messages if i didn't report him. it said blatantly that he doesn't accept returns on the particular item and i feel like he had the attitude that he got paid and it was no longer his problem.

a few days or not, you'd be pissed if you got something in the mail that was on the verge of breaking when it was advertised otherwise too.

a few days or not, you'd be pissed if you got something in the mail that was on the verge of breaking when it was advertised otherwise too.

i have a really nice toaster oven that has an extremely loose knob

i did not freak out and return it

i think you're basically overreacting on all fronts here

and, if you bought an expensive item used on ebay, well, that was your fault.

i have a really nice toaster oven that has an extremely loose knob

i did not freak out and return it

i think you're basically overreacting on all fronts here

and, if you bought an expensive item used on ebay, well, that was your fault.

so it was my fault that it said "perfect working condition" and was defective than???? a toaster oven is what 50 bucks? this thing was over 250.... and when are you going to be twisting the knob on your toaster other than the few times a day you put bread in it? is that knob crucial to how the bread gets baked to begin with? didn't think so.

you are still the guy who bought something that cost 250 on ebay.

ever hear that shit abut how if something is too good to be true?

or do you just not apply that axiom to ebay...

also yes, temperature is crucial to how something is baked. hahaha wow. you don't know much about it huh

go on, keep getting mad.

you are still the guy who bought something that cost 250 on ebay.

ever hear that shit abut how if something is too good to be true?

or do you just not apply that axiom to ebay...

also yes, temperature is crucial to how something is baked. hahaha wow. you don't know much about it huh

go on, keep getting mad.

so you bake bread in a toaster oven? i've never heard of this being done before. must be very small loafs.

• Like 1