MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theo has been waiting for the Cubs gig since the JD Drew & Dice-K signings in '07, probably even before that.. And these ridiculous Lackey/Crawford deals only made it fucking worse. He never wanted to spend that kind of ridiculous loot on any of these guys. And before we knew it, us Sox fans found ourselves rooting for what we originally despised.

Epstein & Lucchino/owners hardly ever saw eye to eye with these 'big' moves.. Theo is all about building a solid foundation with drafting & developing players (the right way to create a franchise), while Lucchino/owners care more about 'grabbing headlines' by competing with the Celtics' Big 3, & making shitty splashes by overpaying for 'big' names.

Telling Cubs fans to be patient is pretty funny in itself, but on dawgz, it'll definitely be worth it.

Part of me wants to start rocking a Cubs hat, especially if Sandberg does become skipper.

Probably wont be Detroit this year. Im looking at the line up and seeing guys like Dirks and Don Kelly and Ramon Santiago and Ryan Rayburn, Brandon Inge. Those guys are good to have around to platoon in so the main battery can get a break but its the B team. A collective batting avg of probably 220 Been nice to have extra baseball this year and while we took 1 last night i think the Tigres be a bit too banged up to overcome this potent Tx offense. C`est la vie. Sucks seeing George Bush cheering in the stands. Makes me sick to see that man happy

nice win for detroit, I hope they take tomorrow as well.

read a brief article about francona, apparently even he is hooked on that OC .... shiiiiieeeeet who isn't these days

Josh Beckett, Jon Lester, John Lackey and, at times, Clay Buchholz They're hooked on fried

chicken and beer during games.

shiiiiieeeeet who isn't these days

Part of me wants to start rocking a Cubs hat, especially if Sandberg does become skipper.

never that! christ...

but i feel this changing of the guard in the Sox organization could take a while to overcome. they should have REALLY tried to work in Lacky with the Theo thing in Chicago cuz the sox had the leverage in the signing cuz theo had another year left in boston. then if they dont pay Elsbury the money he wants, kiss him goodbye too. ugh

also that Wilson taco commercial is killing me, once or twice during the game is not enough? i dread the third outs because i KNOW that fucking asshole is coming across my screen.

never that! christ...

but i feel this changing of the guard in the Sox organization could take a while to overcome. they should have REALLY tried to work in Lacky with the Theo thing in Chicago cuz the sox had the leverage in the signing cuz theo had another year left in boston. then if they dont pay Elsbury the money he wants, kiss him goodbye too. ugh

also that Wilson taco commercial is killing me, once or twice during the game is not enough? i dread the third outs because i KNOW that fucking asshole is coming across my screen.

NEVER, EVER, WEAR ANYTHING SCRUB RELATED!! CAPS LOCKED

RAJ interviewed post disappointing season and asked about change...

say this line-up is championship caliber and needs to learn how to play small ball and get better at bats, take more pitches, work pitch counts and pitchers and be more effective. admits to the loss of power and speed and says it's up to the players and coaches to make the adjustment. (I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! BUT WE KNEW THIS AFTER LAST YEAR, AND THEY GRABBED A FEW PITCHERS AND THOUGHT EVERYTHING WOULD CHANGE? WELL IT DIDNT, AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN, THE BATS DISAPPEARED AND MADE AVERAGE PITCHERS LOOK LIKE CY YOUNG).

Immediately after the press conference RAJ received a call from charlie who was promising to instill a different mentality at the plate... personally, i need to see it to believe it. charlie is loyal to a fault and puts too much trust in players. i agree it's a fine line but he doesn't walk it well. we were out-managed by tony this tear, and bochy last year. how much longer does it go on? i love charlie, but i wouldn't mind seeing change. i really don't think you can teach an old dog new tricks, im a firm believer in that people get stuck in their ways. im not really willing to go threw another season with the same exact lineup minus 5-6 players most of who are bench or bullpen and see the same result in the post-season. hamel, holiday, and lee should all have 20 wins yet none of them do, philly dot com has a STAY OR GO vote for each player on the team... im not gonna lie i voted go for a few of them. i think main priorities include signing a closer. good riddance ryan mad dog madson, i want new blood, i dont care that he had a great season ect ect. i watched the man pitch every game of his career, he doesn't have what it takes to be good here in philly. we are in desperate need of bullpen arms in general, but a left hander is a MUST. raul (imhotep) ibanez is gone, he is just to streaky offensively as much as i love him. Jimmy is not getting a 5yr deal here so he's gone too. pauli needs to be benched or plat-toned at third if he is going to stay as his health can't keep up over the legnht of a season. that leaves gaps in left, ss, 3rd and the bulpen. i don't know how RAJ thinks he is'nt gonna make change.