CALIFORNIANS RAISE UP TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF AND ACT LIKE YOU CARE BOUT SOMEBODY

Soup

2010 is a big year for voters in Oakland and California. In addition to races for mayor, city council, and governor, there will be impactful ballot initiatives to consider. One of the most troublesome is a statewide ballot initiative that would essentially kill California's "Global Warming Solutions Act" (AB 32), a trailblazing plan to create countless green-collar jobs in California.

Right-wing ideologues are already organizing to kill this bill because it holds polluters accountable by requiring them to fund AB 32's implementation. We're gearing up to protect California's economy and our environment. Get in the game by learning about AB 32. Stay tuned for more details!

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want, it's still gay as fuck.

If people want to do things to better the environment that's great, but the way it's shoved down everyone's throat is so fucking stupid. Really, Planet Green TV station? Seriously?

The only thing I really recycle is pizza boxes...THINK OF ALL THAT SHIT I'M WASTING! OH MY GOD, SOMEONE MAKE A LAW, QUICK!

Trees are cool too but the green movement's more about extending job training and creating thousands of careers in widely impoverished areas, lowering electrical bills, ending oil dependency, reducing asthma rates in inner cities, and reclaiming public land.

Roll your eyes all you want, it's still gay as fuck.

If people want to do things to better the environment that's great, but the way it's shoved down everyone's throat is so fucking stupid. Really, Planet Green TV station? Seriously?

The only thing I really recycle is pizza boxes...THINK OF ALL THAT SHIT I'M WASTING! OH MY GOD, SOMEONE MAKE A LAW, QUICK!

I'm not in favor of a militant approach, but you can't deny the severity of the situation. But i guess it's more important to be witty on the internet though

Sorry, I don't see the severity of the situation. And I'm even wittier in real life br0

Recent statistics say that if the world as a whole doesn't decide to take drastic measures on global warming by 2015, we will have reached a 'point of no return' so to speak. Some might call that severe.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1689985,00.html

Chubbs you're right, but you're not gonna get anything done without the help of others, which is why you have community groups like the Ella Baker Center bringing people together (and actually showing the rest of the world how to do it, which makes it kindof exciting to know the whole world's watching oakland), and why I made this thread.

Joiiiin usssss. Just kidding. But not really

Chubbs you're right, but you're not gonna get anything done without the help of others, which is why you have community groups like the Ella Baker Center bringing people together (and actually showing the rest of the world how to do it, which makes it kindof exciting to know the whole world's watching oakland)

Joiiiin usssss. Just kidding. But not really

no ones watching you

no ones watching you

You're completely wrong. Ella Baker Center is the model used by every green collar jobs program in the world. The end result is tens of thousands of jobs being made in america, and hundreds of thousands in the world. Chicago's a great example. They took the Ella Baker center as a model and developed their own local photovoltaic industry, incidently also creating a fine glass industry. It means every solar panel that goes up in Chicago is locally made, meaning jobs to build them, jobs to put them up, and all the savings are local.