CALIFORNIANS RAISE UP TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF AND ACT LIKE YOU CARE BOUT SOMEBODY

Soup

Is this program going to take money away from any of the other crap California has going on?

The mental health programs for adults have already suffered a ton financially.

(I cant take anymore lay offs.)

I am all for green...and getting people jobs...but if

it affects the jobs we already have and the programs we

have set up for people than the trees are not really

on my list of priorities (sorry soup).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry about that Fishd. I know how you feel about mental health programs and I feel for you but this is one of those things that's economically smart for the future. It may even open up more state funding for things like mental health facilities later on.

jea. in in another Oakland sorry soup.

theres nothing wrong with saving some environment

I endorse this entirely. Kinda think its sad how

fucked up we got things.

Im pretty sure people with criminal records can vote.

there are 1.4 million felons in michigan and

probably 10 million people. Who knows how many

people have misdemeanor records.

Fwd:

Want to get in shape and support a good cause while doing it? Then get in the game with Team Ella Baker Center at the 2010 Inaugural Oakland Running Festival! The Ella Baker Center is bringing together people from all different fitness levels to show what a healthy and vibrant Oakland looks like -- and to demonstrate what's possible when a community comes together to make real change for real people.

Runners of ALL skill levels are welcome on Team Ella Baker Center with 4 distances to choose from -- 5K, Half Marathon, Marathon Relay and Full Marathon. There are just three easy steps to participate:

1. First, register to run or walk as a member of Team Ella Baker Center.

[/url]
  2. Next, ask your friends and family to support your efforts with a donation to Team Ella Baker Center.

3. Lastly, lace up those running shoes and grab your water bottles as we hit the streets of Oakland, making our way from Downtown Oakland to the Fruitvale District and more.

The top fundraisers on Team Ella Baker Center will receive prizes from local Oakland businesses and everyone on our team receives a t-shirt. The Ella Baker Center is working to build a Healthy Oakland for everyone, and every step you take brings us closer to fulfilling that vision. Click here to join us.

There are other fun ways to participate in the Oakland Running Festival and become a part of the Ella Baker Center family:

Team Ella Baker Center: Every Step Counts!

Roll your eyes all you want, it's still gay as fuck.

If people want to do things to better the environment that's great, but the way it's shoved down everyone's throat is so fucking stupid. Really, Planet Green TV station? Seriously?

The only thing I really recycle is pizza boxes...THINK OF ALL THAT SHIT I'M WASTING! OH MY GOD, SOMEONE MAKE A LAW, QUICK!

when your children have nothing marvelous to look at because the rain forests, and many natural beauties of the world have been destroyed for a green piece of paper, roll your eyes. humans are awesome, killing the only inhabitable planet we live on.

and to be fair, the whole go green thing being force fed is very apparent. some guy in a head shop was seriously trying to get me to purchase this one hemp jacket for like 500.00, i only came there so my friend could get a bong and this guy was trying his damnedest to get me to buy that shit.

i try my hardest to not litter, use as little energy as possible, and recycle,but until mother nature starts blowing me like there's no tomorrow, no way im dropping 500 on a jacket. pointless rant, (i think cabin fever is beginning to fuck with my thought process yall.)

I hate nature and never have any interest in seeing anything like the rain forest

Really, Planet Green TV station? Seriously? The only thing I really recycle is pizza boxes...THINK OF ALL THAT SHIT I'M WASTING! OH MY GOD, SOMEONE MAKE A LAW, QUICK!

but i'm the clown? lol

Jump down from your soap box. And where you been? Most are fully aware Swamp doesn't get down with that shit. NH

Oh and I like it when high and mighty busters throw me the RECYCLE RECYCLE! Asshole I will throw out what I want. Oh and when I try to explain to them the methods currently used to "recycle" end up creating more pollution and waste more energy than throwing the shit away.

We used to be able to burn shit in the backyard but NY says no to that now.

Oh and

Fonz.jpg

I just think it's kind of pathetic that the ones who do their research, the scientist, the global environmentalist, the meteorologist are in almost unanimous agreement that actions must be taken in order to preserve the human race. But the ones who couldn't give a shit about the environment, the ones who claim to know what's going on without looking at a single statistic, the one's who say "it's snowing like a bitch over here, how could their be global warming?" are the majority who deny it's very existence.

The same goes with almost every other major current debate, i.e. religion.

Now I'm not trying to cram anything down anyone's throat (/nh), but it only makes sense to me that human beings would be interested, if not outright concerned about that of which directly effects their well-being. just sayin'

I get that but my opposition to it is that soap box bullshit that perhaps isn't applicable to you but it is used. I laugh too when I'm told I'm heartless and don't know things from these fuckin egocentric twats especially when they are spewin shit they themselves haven't researched. Firstly, big fuckin difference between global warming and climate change.

Paraphrased, I am not cool with motherfuckers runnin their yap about this shit when they could help out with immediate problems. On some selective amnesia type shit

I'm not being demeaning. It's how I talk.

I brought that up to emphasize a point, most of these go green fiends want the whole to drop what they're doin listen and what they are saying is not scientifically accurate. Cherry pickin what they want. Basically, when confronted by do gooders I like to give em a reality check, look around go work at a soup kitchen or habitat for humanity.

I'm not good with anyone that acts zealous.